Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Season Results and Witty Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

No Tryhard FC-Dragoon Banter? - I guess our teams have matured to the point where it is all about the fun on the pitch -right Skytrain? :confused:

+SCwasexpectingsomebanterbutissatisfiedthatthereisn'tany~yet

Spazz - why don't you use cooking oil to protect against any potential burns :confused: (jj);)

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No banners or signs

SC,

Co-ed is supposed to be fun? When did this change? I wish someone had advised me prior to putting in the league fees.;) I don't think either team has matured, just more concerned about having a good time. You may have noticed the Tryhards have taken the games a little lighter since starting the 'BJ' rule.

TheRob,

Is there any words to describe your play? Snipper, clinical or maybe unbelievable? 3 shots 3 goals against the best co-ed keeper in the league:rolleyes: The player on MS that you may go toe to toe for the Golden Boot I believe is Oliver.

HOS,

It is not a question 'where' the goal that Jen scored, rather who scored. Did Jen finally go get the ball out of the back of her net after the other team scored a well deserved goal?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, seeing as how no one else is going to do it.

TryHard FC 6 - 5 HBBDE:eek:

The TryHards and the Dragons put on quite an offensive display last night much to the delight of the 30 or so fans that came out on a beautiful night at the storied Kwayquitlam Pitch.

The TryHards opened the scoring somewhere around the 25th minute on a nice induvidual effort from Fibuless. The Dragons tied the game on some nice passing about 15 minutes later, but just before half, the TryHards scored another on miscue from the Dragons fill in keeper:rolleyes:

After the half, all hell broke loose. Queeb(b)came on for the TryHards and promptly deposited three in the back of the Dragons net. One more from Nezzie, and it was all over. Or was it? In true Dragon fashion, we came stotming back. The first one was a gift, and we'll take it thank you very much. The next two were just really pretty. Regs did all the work, and some lucky, in the right place at the right time sod, put two away rather quickly. 6 - 4 with 10 to go. The Dragons pressed but couldn't get another past Queeb(a). He was truly amazing in the TryHard goal. Finally our hard work:rolleyes: paid off. A cracker shot from our keeper beats the goalie only to be saved by....erm....the goalie on the goal line. Unfortunatly for the erm......goalie, he wasn't playing goal, and his save resulted in a expulsion from the match of the year. A red card in co-ed? Has this ever happend before Regs? Notty stepped up to take the spotter, and calmly notched her home to make it 6 - 5. With that Fat Monkey blew his whistle to end this spectacular match. It was over, and it lived up to all the hype. There were no dust-ups or confrontations. Just good fun soccer.

The beers were flowing after, and some of the TryHards even came over to mingle with the Dragons. Good times had by all.

Consider the gap bridged.:D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Throbby, how come...

you know more "Tryhard FC" team memeber nick-names than your own "Dragoons" teammates' names?:confused: :eek:

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Well, seeing as how no one else is going to do it.

Originally posted by TheRob

A cracker shot from our keeper beats the goalie only to be saved by....erm....the goalie on the goal line. Unfortunatly for the erm......goalie, he wasn't playing goal, and his save resulted in a expulsion from the match of the year. A red card in co-ed? Has this ever happend before Regs?

Actually, someone decided to play goalie when they were actually sweeping last year and got a red card for their actions....believe it or not, we get 5-6 red cards a year in co-ed....usually it involves fighting but that's a story for another time:D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:Cartdriver!!

I agree with what cartdriver said in a earlier post about all this talk of two teams and they know who they are!!These two teams have been raving of how big a game that it would be and that it would be fun to play some good soccer against each other.I can see by the standings posted why one team is talking like this but as far that other team are you guys planning on going for the "B" cup??Hats off to the Tryhards for not being BIG talkers but doing well on the field.As for the other team, well from all your posts keep on partying and good luck at that "B" cup!!! Ciao:confused:

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
would I tell a lie...

Originally posted by TheRob
Will he have to sit a game for his spectacular save?

Fighting? Are you serious?:eek:

...the most recent incident was last year in the playoffs. Two players got the boot - both for fighting and - one guy, one girl. There were also 4 other reds last year, one for abuse of an official and the other three for striking...

....I'm so glad I don't have to do discipline anymore...:D

J R

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
all aboard Conductor...

It is all about the fun :rolleyes: Standings WTF - who cares? It IS the end result right? And if the end isn't so great, who the fcuk cares?-oh well, who the fcuk cares (get the point?)

Cheers to a great tan!

+SCneedsnohelpwithatan:eek:

BTW Conductor, spoken like a true="not so Young Gun":confused:
argh, who the fcuk cares?:rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who needs A Cups, when you can have Double D's?

well from all your posts keep on partying
Do you think that I joined the Dragons to play good soccer? Nope. Sorry to disappoint everyone. TheRob joined the Dragons for the BBQ's. I don't care about any A Cups. The only cup TheRob cherishes is a Double D Cup. Now run along and play your serious A Cup:rolleyes:soccer, and have fun. That is why we're here right?

Idiots.

Oh, the Golden Boot. I care about that to.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor hit a soft spot.....

TheRob & SC,

Are you going to be OK?:( Maybe JR could lend you that tissue he rec'd earlier. ;) Sounds as if the Dragoons have a little different strategy this year than last. Last year you played well and tried to have a good time, this year the playing level has dropped a bit and you are still 'trying' to have fun. By the way nice kits!

The team that appears to have the most fun this year is Cheatside. :eek: The other teams just talk about how much more fun they are with their props and stuff.:eek: :p

A cup, B cup, Double D cup, what does it matter?

skytrainalwaysplaystowinnottolosebut
hasfunintheprocessregardless:)

woody

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tryhards

Tryhards 2 Mavericks 0

Should have been more for the Tryhards, Mavs goalie made some good saves, including my PK. Looks like we have found a new back up goalie, Murray's GAA is a little better that BJ's.

Skytrain, Yoda - where were ya?

Herb Jr.

Jun 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello dumbs,
What doing guyz??? Just like to say hello to all the TTPers out there, and to say, please take it easy on me, for I am very sensitive, and your words may hurt!!!

OK bye!!!

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Herb jr or the real deal

Welcome Herb???????

Skytrain

We(Cheatsiders)were cancelled yesterday,Herb drove all the way out to Kwayquitlam(sp)to tell us.....

Who were you hoping to see Herby?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know you R.J., Free Kick Bumming

Welcome to the Co-Ed threads, can't wait for the Cheatside/Dragoons match. Lets hope we can find a venue large enough for a match of this importance.

The number of coolers and BBQ's could set records, Who can say Large Pint Garden:cool: ?

HerbJR are you also playing in the RRSL?

HOSwantsSR.onTTPnow:eek:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Her-ba-cious!

Hey dung guy! :eek:

"Results and banter": Dragoons V-ball team 14 and 0 sweet (compared to the soccer) :)

+SCwantstoknowWHEREtheconductorisnow:rolleyes: :confused:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little touchy!!

Wow,someone makes a comment about a certain team and next thing you know they are all upset.:rolleyes: I must say though I agree with the comment about playing for the double D cups.As for the Rob your the only person I know of that keeps track of their goals in co-ed.If they were goals of another kind I could see your point:p :D If you really want a golden boot though I saw one at a garage sale last week only problem it was a size 3 probably some little kids from house league(ha,ha).As for SC actually the team I'm on is further behind you in the standings but we are truly having fun already knowing that we're not that good.Thanks for the compliment though(not so young gun)I'm sure that team is having fun too.ciao:cool:

Herb Jr.

Jun 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sexual Choclate

The question is how sexual, and how choclatey are you????

I'm not who you think I am.....but I'm sooo much more...
You'll find out at the golf tourney.

c-ya yo
P.S. Herb Jr also loves Courtney!!!!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Double D's forever.

If you really want a golden boot though I saw one at a garage sale last week only problem it was a size 3
Any Golden Boot is fine. Size 3, size 9, size 98, it doesn't matter what size. Alas, TheRob's quest for the Golden Boot could be done. Someone from the Mountain Shadow already has ten.:( If he/she keeps on that pace he could score something like fifty:eek: I can't match that.

Conductor, Cartdriver, any other Co-ed players that lurk/post here. Why not enter the TTP Golf Tourney? A day of golf, fun, many many beers, and the World Cup Finals. What more could anybody want? Click on the word "here" in my signiture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0