Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars 2003/04 All-Star Squad

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goalkeepers: Cory Breure (Burnaby Canadians); Didar Sandhu (Indo FC)
Defenders: Steve Millar (Burnaby Canadians); James Prescott (Westside Rino); Tony Gaita (ICSF Inter); Darren Nott (Burnaby Canadians); Mark Gomes (Sporting Club); Peter Hjorth (Surrey United)
Midfielders: Cory Janzen (Surrey United); Paul Dailly (Pegasus FC); Brian VanSchagen (ICSF Inter); Matt Mori (Khalsa SC); Todd Stauber (Surrey United); Paul Favaro (Sapperton Rovers); Aaron Keay (Clan Alumni)
Forwards: Alex Elliott (Columbus FC); Peter Bergholz (SportsTown Firemen); Andrew Veer (Metro-Ford Wolves); Justin Thompson (Trollers FC)
Coach: Martin Foden (Surrey United)
Game: April 7, 2004 against Vancouver Whitecaps

how boban aleksic doesn't make this team is beyond me.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems fair I suppose though I have 4 comments...

1). only 1 Inter player? I would have thought more...

2). How many games did Justin Thompson of the Trollers play?

3). I don't care what your name is but if you're on a squad that loses 15 games in a 19 game season, you're not on any allstar team :rolleyes:

4). Why so many Slurrey reps?

:D

~Regs.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to all who made the team!

Alex Elliot 16 years old that fantastic that he made the team I was honestly a bit worried because the team didnt do that well he wouldnt make it. Hes a great player with a huge future in front of him. More importantly hes a great kid!!! Congrats kid!

zengahopingthatnoonewillcatchhimfortopscorer!!!!

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the days of equal representation on All-Star teams were dead.

The VMSL didn't have a selection from each team last year, so why start now? And, given this new policy for more liberal selection across the board, how does the league explain why 7 of the 20 All-Stars come from the 2nd and 3rd place teams on the side many TTPers refer to as the "weaker" of the two in the premiership? Odd.

Regs, it seems like Inter has 2 players on the list, not one.

You'd think a current placing of first would render you more than one all-star, no?

Congrats Gomesy_16,
-Sensei.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty brutal.

10 of the 19 players are form Side B. Shocking!

Kent Weachter allowed 14 goals in 17 games. 7 shut outs. Shocking again.

Most of the players are worthy, but there are many others equally as worthy. 8 players are from teams that didn't even make the provincials. These teams should be looked at with more favor.

Italian league syndrome!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another Thought

How is it that the top 2 GA teams have not 1 defender nor goalie on the all-star squad? Brad must be pissed over at MF.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, it is the coaches that are picking this thing, right, why are they not picking players on this years performance, but instead on reputation.
I think that the coaches that pick this thing don't even get a chance to see teams play, other than when their team is playing. Picks like Didar and Notty, nothing against either of them, both great players, but both also missed a number of games down the stretch this year, should they be there.

I don't think the coaches should pick this, the refs see more games of different teams week in and week out, let them put in their All-Star picks and go from that, if that was the case, I have a feeling that Olie might not make the team ever again.

On that note, congrats to Matt Mori on his selection, he had a great year for a very inconsistent Khalsa team, good pick here.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

I couldn't agree with you more. WOW. You've seen Mori all year and he had a great game against us, but how could I pick him when 1. I've only seen him once, and 2. unless some one TTP promotes the crap out of him, I would never hear from him again.

Referees should try to look at 2 players on both teams and report this to the league office. This would be easy to do.

The dilema for coaches is this; If they all, for the majority, pick thier own players, the few that try to be unbias usually pick a couple know players. As a result, for a guy like Peter Hjorth, he may have been ballotted twice (once by Surrey, once by the Sap coach).

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
HOS,

I couldn't agree with you more. WOW.

Another problem with this, is that Walks would pick all his DCS mates to the team, so they would buy him pints after at the pub.

WAB, I am now hoping that you guys go farther than Slurrey in Provincial Cup.

Jinky, how about an expert panel, could your head it up?

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd never buy him one...

HOS, Walks know better. Besides, I'm pretty sure the league may catch on when they see Blaze show up for pre-game with his cooler instead of a kit bag.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I'd never buy him one...

Hands of Stone said:
Another problem with this, is that Walks would pick all his DCS mates to the team, so they would buy him pints after at the pub.
Indeed HOS ..... usually that would be the case but trying to get knvb to buy me a pint is like trying to extract water from a rock.

As far as the selections go, a lot of them I think are spot on but I think a couple of notable absentees are:

Ollie - he scored 5 goals in two games I ref'd him.
Mike Gomes - a tower of strength everytime I saw him.
Tiernan King - easily one of the best players in Premier this year.

There's definitely a few others but IMHO, these 3 deserve to be in there.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that TK and Andrew Veer weren't back with the Whitecaps and therefore are eligible for VMSL All-star selection.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I'd never buy him one...

knvb said:
HOS, Walks know better. Besides, I'm pretty sure the league may catch on when they see Blaze show up for pre-game with his cooler instead of a kit bag.

Actually the kitbag has a cooler pocket. Enough for 5 cans with ice. or so I've been told. :rolleyes: :D

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yours truly has been added to the roster as westside's 8th alternate nomination. mom, don't worry about writing that letter to azzi. it's all better now. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pete Hjorth is out with a wonky ankle and knowone has been slotted in. There has also been an assistant coach added to the roster and he has full intentions on having the last person to meg him ride some serious pine!

Anyone eles going to the game tonight?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. Game is in Ladner?

2. Canucks first playoff game?

I'm sure lots of people are going... just like they'll be going to the provincial cup draw :D

Why don't they move the game to Port Moody turf tomorrow night? :D

~Regs.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
smallsy is slotted in for the all-star team what has the league come to.This league must be just shite now.I remember this league being a lot better than it is today when i was 17 playing for then the mighty Fireman.Whitecaps 5 Vmsl 1

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0