Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well shiiite, tough luck on the weekend to my boys ... obviously can't comment on the flow of play as me and my jet-lagged ass are sitting 8000 kilometres away in Holland. But from what I've gathered - the first Blaze goal was of the fortuitous variety and the 2nd was on a pretty lame PK call. But the fact is that we didn't score any anyways so whatever.

Good luck to the Blaze in Div 1 - you guys certainly had our number the past couple of years. But I have a feeling that your talented big defender in the back will be getting an awful lot of work next year.

My predicition is that you guys will do better than Burnaby Fury did this year, but then again, 50% of Division 2 would have done better than those guys :p Seriously though, you're not going to be able to afford game like the West Van Superbowl saga next year.

Later

PS #22 on the Primos loves to get under guys skin ... obviously he did a good job on that on the weekend ... well done :cool:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
B.R. KELLY said:
P.S. - your EPIDURMOUS IS SHOWING

out
Please, for heaven's sake, if you're going to use that grade school comment, at least spell it correctly. Even the kids can.

Regarding the Ravens: the only thing separating them from WUS is that they speak English on the sidelines. That, and they don't dive all the time. Apart from that, they whine just as much.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
Congrats to the Blaze, except for Zoolander!!! Is he still playing for you guys?

Zoolander is still in the fold. He has however been injured most of the year.

We are obvouisly are going to pick up some extra guys for next year and at least try to get a little bit more organized. I'd say more disciplined but we are the Blaze so I won't hold my breath. I think we will do allright up in Div 1 next year. We are not going to win the thing but mid pack would be a good base to build on for years to come. As a team we are quick, hard working and fairly young. Those attributes i think will help us next year.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Zoolander is still in the fold. He has however been injured most of the year.

We are obvouisly are going to pick up some extra guys for next year and at least try to get a little bit more organized. I'd say more disciplined but we are the Blaze so I won't hold my breath. I think we will do allright up in Div 1 next year. We are not going to win the thing but mid pack would be a good base to build on for years to come. As a team we are quick, hard working and fairly young. Those attributes i think will help us next year.
BA,
Best of luck... but be prepared to an AWFUL change... I have not watched you guys enough to decide how well you will do in Div 1, but there will be a significant step up in both intensity and skill. You guys seem to have the intensity most of the time, but from what i have seen of your bunch, the skill level will hurt you.

Jolly will be a force... Scotty will continue to fill the net and piss off whoever defends him... and if Sparky returns from afar (as you have mentioned in the past) you will have key talent in all areas. Without Sparky, though... i am pessimistic.

Prove me wrong, boys... would love to see a Tsawwassen team do well.

Cheers :bronco:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv,
No doubt we will need some reinforcements but i think we have a fairly talented core. the problem will be depth. I think we realize that it's a big step from Div 2 to Div 1 but we have always played to our level of competetion in the past . The better teams have most always seen our best effort put forward while the crap teams haven't. Motivation and work effort won't be a factor and next year we should hopefully have a proper CAT team. Hopefully being in Div 1 will enhance our recruiting powers but we are looking forward to finding out.I definitely think we will have to be better organized from a tactical point of view as we have never done any before.

Perhaps a summer exhibition game versus yourselves at some point could be arranged. It would be interesting to see how we stack up to you guys.

Next year should see both a Tsawwassen team(us) and a Ladner team(Heggie's Rangers) in Div 1. I hope boith teams are able to adapt to the level of play up there and have no difficulties.

dcline

Oct 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well what can I say, Blaze stepped up to the challenge and the Primos didn't.

I think it was a good match with a lot of intensity. I saw it quite one sided as far as scoring chances. All blaze show. We as a club have been struggling to find the net against some of the quality clubs we have been facing.

The game was pretty ugly as far as whining and complaining went but it came equally from both sides. A well fought out game in my opinion. I think that the officiating was well balanced and the ref kept fairly good control. A little strange on some of his calls and rules of advantage but nontheless fair both ways.

Congrats on the promotion and Good luck to the Blaze in the next div.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Promotion Well Deserved!

Blaze rep.1 said:
Big Bird...why did you not play yesterday? I was surprised to say the least and i think Premium probably speaks the truth. The only logical explanation is an injury. Why else would you not suit up for the biggest game of the year? .

Sorry Blaze rep 1 no injury to report. As I have said before myself and our other keeper whom you guys are now familiar with split games and it was his weekend to play in the pipes as I had faced you guys in two previous matches. We alternate games unless a coaching decision is made to the contrary. I was hoping I could get in the game up front to see if I could provide some sort of spark but that was not in the cards.

And finally I'm not saying that we were not hacking and whining, I like the ref can't see everything and my height only affords me so much view to the other sideline so I missed the cleats up two footer. But saying that our striker intentionally punched you d man in the face is a stretch, he is proably the classiest player I have played with or against, but make no mistake the punch that he managed to avoid from said defender later in the game was not going to be an accident in anybody's book.

Congrats again you guys should do well so long as you keep out of the ref's book and stay healthy. Hope our club has the same fortunes in one years time.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Best of luck... but be prepared to an AWFUL change... I have not watched you guys enough to decide how well you will do in Div 1, but there will be a significant step up in both intensity and skill. You guys seem to have the intensity most of the time, but from what i have seen of your bunch, the skill level will hurt you.

I am confident the Blaze will remain in Div. 1 and not be relegated in our first year. The quality of teams will improve drastically and there will be no 'easy' games, however its not as though we've never played quality teams before. Most of our players have played in Div. 1 / Premier for most of their lives and the step up won't be as drastic as everybody thinks. What we need is to practice...have a little more commitment...and increase our depth which is our greatest weakness. Eveybody on the squad is looking forward to the challenge. Sixfyv...maybe you and your bro would like a stint with the Blaze....we could alwayz use a talented back up keeper ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blaze rep.1 said:
Sixfyv...maybe you and your bro would like a stint with the Blaze....we could alwayz use a talented back up keeper ;)
I don't know what this word "backup" means... perhaps you could clarify for me... :D

Jimmy the nonce

Nov 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

sixfyv said:
I don't know what this word "backup" means... perhaps you could clarify for me... :D

He means you have to be better looking than me to start.

Jimmy hates people on his coat tails.

B.R. KELLY

Sep 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He means you have to be better looking than me to start.

Dont say that jimmy, cause it aint hard to be....
good luck with your diet in mexico

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

did you not get relegated two years ago??

No. That was a totally different team. Same club, different players. The Blaze started in the FVSL a few years ago...we jumped over to VMSL under City FC and played as the Cat team. When the City FC Div. 1 team was relagated 2 years ago all their players moved on to different squads.....they couldn't possibly play in Div. 2, they were too good :rolleyes: so most of those plumbers are playing for various Div. 1 squads (Lobbans, Polska, etc....)
The Blaze took over their spot and if it wasn't for Cliff Ave. we would have been promoted last year.

H

Hot Walk

C'mon now Blaze rep.1 don't forget who finished above you last year besides Cliff Ave.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hot Walk said:
C'mon now Blaze rep.1 don't forget who finished above you last year besides Cliff Ave.

Ah yes, how could I forget the might EWalk :rolleyes: I'll tell you how, we beat your sorry asses when it counted and from the looks of things this year you'll be a Div. 2 squad for many years to come. :D Maybe you can shoot for top 5 in your division next year..baby steps Hot Walk, baby steps.

bugoff

Feb 13, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Primos, West Van Royals did you favour #2 on Saturday. 1st we took care of Blaze to give you a shot at 1st but that unfortunately didn't pan out.

The yesterday we embarassd the Firemen 3-1. Which we managed to do with only 9 men against their 11. That should open the door to a 2nd place finish for you guys. Not that 2nd place counts for anything other than pride of course.

Good Luck!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WUS 2 - 2 Signmaster

I guess that takes care of Signmaster, unfortunately. I was hoping they'd take the first one to knock Sarajevo down 3. Let's just hope WUS bites another point in one of their next three (vs. Ravens, Signmaster [again], and Champlain Heights).

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also see that the good ol' JB's lambasted the Somehow-Semi-Finalists-E.Walk. If you're not in the top 2 next year (regardless of division), I'll laugh.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 5 EW 2

Well, we won with 8 players...............BUT......EW only had 9. We were lucky that they didn't have the numbers either. Not much of a game. Kind of fun though with all that room out there. EW had some good pressure on us in the second half, but for the most part they didn't seem to care too much, or at least some of their players didn't.

Geez, WUS is trying to make the race for promo interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0