Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 VMSL Premier Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think one of three possible payback calls was legit...tommy got a good shirt pulling...should have went down to sell it. not that i condone that type of thing.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 1 - Firetoons 3

A tale of two halves, we took the early 1-0 lead into the half and looked to be somewhat in control. After the break we came out flat and hoping we wouldn't have to do to much to keep the lead. Sportstown took advantage of our bad play, and to their credit look like the team that wanted it most.

I must add the Paul Ward in the middle of the park had a rather poor outing, I think that he never really had full control of the game, and many Cards should have been handed out for talkling from behind, when are players going to learn.

On a side note to that Ryan Dormer went down late in the game to what looks like a broken ankle, again from a tackle from behind that should have never happened.

Cheers
JB

Heard Columbus 1- inter 0

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 3 - 1 Sporting..........

or so I thought Animal slurred that result. Either way Fireman won and are in Provincials.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the WOPS for beating the WOPS :D

Things just got a whole lot interesting. Peg goes from relegation watch to potential Side A champs... that's not to say we are outta the woods yet :rolleyes:

How much tighter can the side get?!?!?!

BTW John, you're a struggling side when the only thing you can yap about is non-makeup calls :rolleyes: I would kill though for your manager's ref report... that was too funny... "Yeah, you can read my report into the league, asshole"... Can Maurizio read? (Hi Rene!) :D

Any other scores (I see the trollups and slurrey tied yesterday)?

~Regs.

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 1 Indo 1

Not the result we were looking for, but I guess 1 is better than none. Came out of the gates a tad slowly, again, and Sapp took advantage. Rene was told to call eveything and for the most part he did( At times it felt like we were in the middle of a field hockey game). Many of our chances came from free kicks, as did our goal...yours truly, from a corner! Much of Sapp's offense came from Kent and through Luke. We carried a good portion of the play, but were unable to generate any good chances. We are still alive and will be ready for a battle next week against the Champs.

KNVB...keep your legs closed!

Gilly, thanks for the instructions today!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 1 - Indo 1

We got a goal 1 minute in when Luke Hogan turned 2 Indo guys inside-out, fired a low shot that Diddar should have corralled, and Ted Ullrich was there to fire home the rebound.
Indo applied heavy pressure for the next 10 minutes and got a well deserved equallizer-albiet a flukey goal-from a direct corner kick.
The rest of the game was evenly played with some hairy moments for both teams. Trevor Todd's header hit the post, Luke was beating 3 or 4 Indo guys at a time, and just missed wide on another low shot. But the best chance was Ted's break-away and just before he shot, he pulled his hammy badly and couldn't continue.
I thought we deserved better on the day, but I'm sure Sandman would feel the same way about his chances.

The tie doesn't really help either team, but with the MF loss today against the Clan, it doesn't really hurt, either.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Might have 11 Khalsa 0 - Weakside 1

Khalsa should have gone up 1 or 2 in the first half, but the finishing was right at Wicks. Went back and forth in the second with Westside having a few more chances, then scoring off a slip by a khalsa defender and an easy finish for some westside player. We pushed at the end, with some heated tackling in the middle of the park, Walks called it fair (letting us play, Old School), with only one card to Westside, in a very physical game. We pushed to the end, I even won a head ball outside the westside box, but there was no miracle on the day. Some good results for us too, but now we have to run the table vs. Sporting and Peg, could be easier than it sounds with their results on the weekend.

hos

Smallsy smelled like a 5 Star brewery, but still played a solid game, he was not invisable, but there was few runs forward by the 34 year old.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo 1 Sapperton 1

A fair result on the day, but not good enough from our standpoint as we really really needed those 3 points, especially with both Metro Ford and Sapperton having a game in hand. We no longer play either team and will need some much needed help from other teams in the relegation battle.

Indo - Surrey and Inter
Metro Ford - Firetown, Sporting and Sapperton
Sapperton - Surrey, Sporting and Metro Ford

Oh well, on to the defending Provincial Champs at immaculate McNair next week.

PS/ Shared some good chuckles with Stu and Auj on the sidelines.

PSS/ We lost our HERO early in the match due to his heroic commitments. HERO, how were the Chieftan stairs on Friday?

PSSS/ POTW has to Norightpeg - scored the equalizer and sent Prit back up on the hill.

Gilly

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
# Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Sporting Club "A" 16 8 4 4 34 21 28
2 Burnaby Canadians "A" 19 6 7 6 23 23 25
3 Surrey United "A" 15 6 5 4 24 23 23
4 Khalsa SC "A" 17 6 3 8 23 33 21
5 Trollers FC "A" 18 5 6 7 24 22 21
6 Columbus FC 18 5 6 7 24 34 21
7 Clan Alumni "A" 19 2 2 15 19 43 8

Well there is Side B.

There is Side A.

# Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 ICSF Inter 18 10 2 6 36 22 32
2 Westside Rino "A" 18 10 2 6 29 21 32
3 Sports Town Firemen "A" 17 9 1 7 34 28 28
4 Pegasus FC "A" 16 8 2 6 26 27 26
5 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 16 6 6 4 21 19 24
6 Sapperton Rovers "A" 16 6 4 6 20 18 22
7 Indo FC "A" 17 5 6 6 24 27 21

Looks like Inter, Rino, Fireman and Peg are in on Side A.
And Sporting and Slurrey on Side B.

That Leaves 2 Provincal spots to be claimed by everyone but Clan. Good luck to Khalsa in the last 2 games.

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Cut and Paste during the Oscars.

Khalsa SC "A"
Sporting Club "A"
Queen's Park
Fri/8.00pm

Trollers FC "A"
Pegasus FC "A"
Ambleside "B"
Sat/ 2.00pm

Sapperton Rovers "A"
Metro-Ford Wolves "A"
Queen's Park
Sat/4.00pm

Sports Town Firemen "A"
Westside Rino "A"
South Memorial NE
Sun/2.00pm

Indo FC "A"
Surrey United "A"
McNair School
Sun/2.00pm

MARCH 13/14

MAKE UP GAMES

Khalsa SC "A"
Pegasus FC "A"
Queen's Park
Fri/8.00pm

Sapperton Rovers "A"
Sporting Club "A"
Queen’s Park
Sat/4.00pm

Surrey United "A"
Columbus FC "A"
Cloverdale Athletic
Sat/12.00pm

ICSF Inter
Indo FC "A"
Adanac Park West
Sun/2.00pm

Sports Town Firemen "A"
Metro-Ford Wolves "A"
South Memorial NE
Sun/2.00pm

IMPERIAL CUP FINAL

APRIL 04, 2004, 1.30PM

KINSMEN STADIUM

This may help a little too.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wild End

NFL this year. No great team, but parity all over. This year has been crazy.

What the hell does Burnaby do for the next 6 weeks? Do they train anticipating a Provincial spot, or do they have their wind-up party after next weekend?

I think the winner of the Sap - MF game will all but clinch a Provincial spot. After that, it's anyone's spot.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...but there was few runs forward by the 34 year old.

been a few runs today alright. :rolleyes:
painful game to be a part of today in every way possible. gave serious consideration for a chunder session at half time but couldn't work up the courage.
another clean sheet for wicksy. old guy is in his traditional spring time form.
some great results today!
looks as though we have a sniff at the league title. could end up being a three way tie...i'd like to see the solution in that scenario.

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Count Trollers and Columbus out of a provincial spot as of todays matches. The highest amount of points we can get is 24 and in next weekends game between Sap and MF there will be 8 teams ahead of us with 25 or more points. MF will be there with a tie or win and Sap will with a win as well. So that leaves 7 teams competing for the final 4 spots.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ugly game at Ambleside. Undoubtedly I thought we were the better side, but Trollers seemed to keep getting chances. Their goal was a pretty nice counter attack that had Steve Lake beat (I don't remember who, and no it wasn't me) down the left and square a 15 or 20 yard ball to their streaking (not the naked kind) forward who side footed from about 16 yards out past Smiles. I don't think he really had much of chance at it. Our goal came from a corner kick-scramble-blocked shot- blocked shot-header from 2 yards by Corey Jansen.(not necessarily in that order) Our major problem, I think, was the impending team night out at the Roxy which I've only just now recovered from. Arriving at Ambleside, which is in shocking state btw, in a limo bus with 25 lads loaded with pints doesn't do much for a teams mental preparation. My excuse for the day.

No major side drama with me or either of the brothers which was nice change. Though I only lasted 45 on a dodgy knee, but for the most part it was a fairly clean match all in all. At the risk of sounding like john the Ref, whom I've only ever seen once before wasn't the greatest and missed, IMO, 3 PK calls 2 for us and a third probable for them. Shitty result for us now knowing that Sporting dropped the match we needed them to, to catch up. We both face some desperate teams in the next few week so at least their will be a little drama on side A.

KNVB...keep your legs closed!
I bet that is the first time some one from Surrey has ever heard that...

PS. JB, Gomey what's the latest word on Ryan?

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ryan Dormer has a fractured leg. I spoke to him last night and he's obviously done for awhile now. It appears that there is no ligament damage which is good. Top marks to the Firemen for their help with Ryan and he thanks you.

He's pissed at Student for falling through on his prediction to "do" him after Ryan fouled Skinner hard along the sideline and I guess we'll see what happens next year. It's always unpleasent when a guy breaks a leg especially if it seems premeditated. :confused: :mad:

I agree with JB on his assessment of Paul Ward. Not that the game was dirty by any stretch of the imagination, however there were more than a few jumping in, cleats up tackles that went uncalled. Paul never set the tone of the match and allowed dangerous tackles to occur which inturn resulted in a careless play that put out a good player for a long time. :(

Firemen were deserving of the win today. They definitely took the match to us in the second half. I must say the Pete has been the toughest forward to play against this season. Normally our back line wins pretty much every header, but Pete won his fair share yesterday. He's big, physical, and has skill, (sorry KNVB, you only have the first 2) a deadly combination.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wanker

Ouch Gomsey, very ouch. You don't see me going around saying you're short, slow and useless in the air and with your back to goal do you? Even if we know it's totally true.That wouldn't be very nice at all so I abstain (awful word innit?) from doing it, don't I? Is it because I spelt your name wrong in my post? Such anger. I think it's cowardy to take your losses out on the inecent... and the Dutch. They've been through enough already. You think it's easy to play in wooden shoes?

And I thought we were mates too... I always like your brother better anyway.

Bad news about Mini... I wish him a speedy recovery.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wooden shoes?

What about the wooden helmet?!?!!?

That's fcuking awful... there are spelling mistakes and then there are HOS and KNVB posts.

:D

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0