Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 VMSL Premier Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cookie,

Difference between guys getting hurt and guys joining a team for a limitted portion of the season is very obvious:rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, those players will help you get results but only one team wins at the end of the year and personally I don't think signing all of those players helps your cause, not that I care much anyways:D

HOS,

Some signings you might remember for tonights game..................some GREEK guy who used to play pro somewhere in Europe. The other is Cam Willmets (sp)............we are sure bets to win now:confused:

John

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like you all didn't see that one coming.

I heard Zeus was going to reply, but he ended up on a mad scavenger hunt for a bag of Oreos instead.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF Cookie,

Sandman i have heard that Indo has been struggling for numbers this year so would you honestly tell the players that we have joining us that you wouldnt want them on your sqaud?

Keep me out of it.........I was doing the pot/kettle thing with Zeus.....You do whatever you want with your team..........I won't/don't lose any sleep over what you lot are up to......and we are NOT struggling with numbers....just struggling on getting a win:eek:

Sandman

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More Bodies is Good

Originally posted by john
Some signings you might remember for tonights game..................some GREEK guy who used to play pro somewhere in Europe. The other is Cam Willmets (sp)............we are sure bets to win now:confused:

Cam is a great signing for you, I played with him with Wesburn back in the early 90's, but I think he got tired of traveling an hour each way for practice and games. He should work well up front with Morris or whoever else is there now.
I Greek guy is Paul Vilitus and not Ballbay, I think, very fit and great on the ball, just not sure the last time he touched a ball.

I hope that Cam is leaving soon for tonights game, I heard that traffic can get heavy on Friday nights.;)

Should be a good game tonight, no matter who is playing for the Capitals.

hos

Linderbran

Nov 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa 3 Burnaby 2

Good game tonite..... Khalsa came out stronger for the first 30 mins and had several scoring opps, with half of them being semi break aways , Burnaby scored their first against the play and scored their second on a give away in the Khalsa end, they were up 2 - 0 until about the 35 min mark when Matt Mori got Khalsa on the score board with a well placed free kick. Khalsa also dominated the first 30 of the second half attacking consistently and ended up scoring two great goals to take the lead and ultimately the game. To Burnabys credit they dominated the last 20 with consistent pressure , Khalsa however was content to defend and hold on to the win. Great effort by both teams, hard fought right to the end. Man of the match goes to Khalsa's Matt Mori for great individual performance and for the two great goals ! Honorable mention to Notty from Burnaby, steady as usual on the back and a great cracker of a goal 20 yards out !!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fog Bowl at Queens Park

The fog got so bad during the game that you couldn't see the other end of the pitch from goal to goal and even had trouble seeing from touch line to touch line.
Notty scored a cracker in the first half, how the other teams sweeper gets a free shot at our 18, I have no idea. Second goal was a give away for a BBY. breakaway that resulted in another BBY goal, our team was not looking good, and I thought we were in for a long foggy night.
Well with less than 10 to go in the first half, man of the match, Matt Mori scored a cracker from a free kick that was in the middle from about 25 out.
Re-grouped at half time and went on to score in the first 2 or 3 minutes of the second half. Did not see the goal because it was so foggy, but I heard that Christian Salina slotted it well. Matt Mori gave use the lead off a rebound for his second of the night, so I heard. It is good to have him back after missing two games for a Red Card vs. MF, for a bike attempt.
Burnaby did push for the last 20 min. playing 4 across the front, but no luck, John did try to score a superlative goal from 30 yards but it was blocked a couple of times. Kind of an ugly match with the fog, but 3 points is 3 points. On to Clan and Bronco next Sunday.

hos

franks and beans, franks and beans.
Warren

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: More Bodies is Good

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
Cam is a great signing for you, I played with him with Wesburn back in the early 90's, but I think he got tired of traveling an hour each way for practice and games.

I hope that Cam is leaving soon for tonights game, I heard that traffic can get heavy on Friday nights.;)

hos

Cam was part of wacks announced lineup last night...had a pretty good game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slurrey 3
Sporting 2

A late goal apparently gives Slurrey some good momentum heading to nationals.

Cheers,

~Regs.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As Regs posted, 3-2 to Surrey.

United scored on the last touch of the game. Once the ball went back to center for the restart, the ref blew the final whistle...

Sporting were up 2-0 by the 30 minute mark - the opening goal coming off a great free kick from JB, which was aided by the slick turf conditions at Cloverdale. A bit of a wormburner zipped past Smiles and caromed off the post from a good 25 yards out.

Gomesy stretched the lead to two as his shot deflected off a Surrey defender and skipped into a yawning net. Smiles had already committed to the original shot and had no chance of recovering to save the deflection.

Surrey replied five minutes before the half on a well-placed header off a free kick. With a team chock full of height and size, Surrey can really wear you down with the long-ball/target man stuff - they've got a handful of guys who are really tough to stop in the air.

Both teams had their chances in the second half but it was Surrey who converted them into goals. Stauber got the tying goal and I have no clue who potted the third - it was a bit of a goalmouth mess which ended up with a looping ball falling into the top corner of the goal.

Extremely difficult way to lose, especially after surrendering a two-goal lead.

Surrey are in good shape for Nationals. Aside from the size factor, they've got guys like Janzen, Stauber and Deacon who have bags of skill and can really move the ball. Which means they aren't necessarily reliant on a single style of play (read: it won't be all long-ball). They've also got a deep bench which was evident today, as all five substitutes came in and made an impact.

Stuck at work,
-Sensei.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missing Link

Originally posted by Big T
Cam was part of wacks announced lineup last night...had a pretty good game.

Thats good to hear, he would have been Burnaby's 5th striker for the last 20 minutes of the match, taking runs at the keeper.

What is with Surrey pulling these wins out of their assses in the dying minutes of games. They did it against us on a dodgy PK in the last 10. Against Columbus thay scored the 5th and final goal to win the game at the end. Against Clan they blow a 1-nil lead in the last 5, but then score in injury time to win on Monday, and now vs. Sporting on the last kick of the game.
They better hope that luck continues for them back east with the great refs you get.:rolleyes:

hos

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo 4
Firetown 1

Well deserved three points for us today, I am sure Zeus and Cookie would agree that it could have been more had it not been for Animal. Nonetheless, still not where we want to be in the standings, but definitely a postive step.

Goal Scorers:
Bill Shokar
Paul Bahia Sr.
Gurjit Dhaliwal with 2

Sandman:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job Sandman... unfortunately for you guys, Sapperton continued their "hot" streak (at least according to the excellent site) with a 3-0 victory over Clan Alumni today.

Lots of goals this week... good thing I guaranteed a shutout for Peg tomorrow :eek:

Cheers,

~Regs.

star pimp

Aug 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo yeah

Didn't i say indo going 2 be the team 2 beat. Im proud 2 say indo is the best team in the east indian community. Indo aslo has class not like sufc. Good job indo and keep on rolling. $ to 1 dam u guys are on fire wooooooooooo.

Pimpin Ain't easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0