Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 BC High School Senior Girls

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
[Q]Hi Stephen:
We would be proud for your team to wear our logo on their t-shirts just so. I wasn't sure if you wanted the Spitz flower logo or just the Spitz word...

The girls may have an easier time getting dates for Grad if they were sponsored be "Swallows", but that is hard to put on a t-shirt:eek:

Spitz for a Girls High School Soccer team, that is too funny.

I have a good name, Ivona Hump Alot United.

Bond HOS Bond:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things are a little gloomy.....

We had practice today only to find out our top scorer is on the limp. She tried to practice but couldn't thanks to a problem with her knee. Our anchor in the midfield tried to practice and was told to stop immediately because she could hardly kick a ball. The grade 9 phenom is in Oregon with the provincial team and our starting striker is still out with a serious ankle injury. I be lying if I said I had a lot of confidence going into the tournament. The girls attitude is great and everyone is excited which is important. We may have to make a few tactical changes if things are as bad on Sunday as they were today. Without our scorer, we don't have a lot of other options when it comes to scoring goals. On a positive note, all our defenders and our goalie are healthy, so we may have to switch to 4 in the back.

This was just an update and nothing else. We are still going to be in every game we play, even if players are missing. We will be starting the provincial tournament with an afternoon at Hastings Park. The Captain guaranteed a winner for the girls, so I have to go study the form now. At least I am able to do that tonight.....

We Shall Not Be Moved

Captain

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horsies

Appreciate the listings Captain, I can do some work from here.

I really like the fearsome foursome horse - sounds quality

I got the lack-lustre CD player for the trip.

OD make sure you bring some construction apparel for Sunday.

Although Captain is picking me upm I might try to change into NBD's ride, actually no I doon't think so.

Feeling good about our chances 2morrow and This weekend boyz, see you 2morrow Captain, I might be very rough since I am not sure what I have just written.

Irish Dart, $10 to win, place, and show please.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Irish Dart doesn't at least show, I will be taking the jockey out, like Joe Pesci did in Easy Money. Could I get arrested for that? Ah, what the hell, we only live once.

DITH, I will call NBD and tell her to pick you up. :)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I take it you have a bit of glue on your hands now. I assume you took the horse out as well.

That jockey did nothing all weekend.

Hopefully all is going well?

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because inquiring minds need to know...

Unfortunately, the South Delta girls lost to Kelowna in their first game 1-0 on a shocker of a call. The ref decided that a goalie going for the ball on a corner kick can't use her arms to get the ball. Everyone, including Kelowna, started walking the other way when he blew his whistle, then he points to the spot. Captain, One Dart, and DITH weren't happy with that. DITH then got ejected for yelling while the Kelowna girl scored on the penalty.

Kelowna was a very good team, with speedy forwards and very solid defense. South Delta was content to pass it around and work the ball backwards first without looking upfield. The ref was very inconsistent with his calls, as soon as the ball got within 35 yards of the net he swallowed his whistle and pretty much let anything go. Frustrating to say the least.

I wasn't there for the 2nd game, but they beat Lord Byng 3-0. However, unless Kelowna loses their last game by a large margin, something that would require a miracle to take place, South Delta will be battling it out for 5th place.

Referee

Oct 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't blame the referee 100% for that.

Blame the referee scheduler for assigning incompetent and unregistered referees to these championships.

Seriously though, question whether the referee is registered or not. I know for a fact that there are two referees that are not registered with BC Soccer Association that are officiating the BC High School Girls Championships. If the referee is unregistered, you have grounds for protest and the game to be replayed.

Just a little helpful information. ;)

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting. I'm not sure if it's a rule for this championship or not, but he was actually stopping his watch when the ball went out of play and starting it again when it came back in.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
However, unless Kelowna loses their last game by a large margin, something that would require a miracle to take place, South Delta will be battling it out for 5th place.

Spark Dog filled me in that Kelowna won all their matches so SDSS will be playing for 5-8 place. Still respectable. Nice to see the "posse" is representing SDSS well although if they could keep themselves in games it would go a long way as well.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Woohoo #500

They won their 3rd game 5-0, but Kelowna's 5-0 and 2-1 victories means their title dreams are over. They will be playing for 7th tomorrow due to their 1-0 loss to Notre Dame today.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta was outstanding!

Well, to say I'm not disappointed about finishing seventh would be a fib. I found out today from the guy in charge of the referees, that the fellow who reffed our first game was not certified. I know it seems like sour grapes bringing up one call but that one call determined our fate for the tournament. It was possibly the worst call I have ever seen. A draw would have been a fair result on the day, as both teams created a couple of chances but it was just a battle the whole game. They were physical and quick but we gave them nothing. We moved the ball well but broke down most of the time in the final third. If we managed to draw, it would have been a shoot-out, which would have decided the group winner as it turned out. If we win the shootout, we are playing Argyle in the semis. I'm not saying we were going to beat Argyle(they beat Kelowna 3-0 with two late goals to put it out of reach) but I saw them play twice and I KNOW we would have been right with them. Their keeper was shoc-king and that could have been the difference. Enough of that game because it is very disheartening to think about "THE CALL".

In our second game, we fcuking schooled the Vancouver number one, Lord Byng. It was 4 - 0 and it could have been 8 or 9 easily. It was a clinic. Enough said.

In our third game, we lump-ed LV Rogers 5 - 0. We knew we were out because even if Kelowna lost to Lord Byng, it was head-to-head which was the first tie-breaker. The girls didn't know that so they were disappointed to find out that Kelowna had only defeated Lord Byng 2 - 1. I was very surprised with that result.

We then played Notre Dame in the afternoon game going for the coveted fifth place plaque. :rolleyes: Quite frankly, I didn't give a fcuk after the morning results and the girls cared even less. We played that way in the first half as Notre Dame really wanted the game to try and avenge last year's semi-final loss to us. Of course, the only goal they scored was a penalty. One shot and one penalty. Great stuff. This was a legitimate penalty I might add, as it was a clear hand ball. The second half was a completely different story as we parked ourselves into their half and watched their keeper and crossbar keep many chances out of the net. The gamed ended 1 - 0, setting up the 7th and 8th place game against Enver Creek. A chance for a bit of revenge ourselves, after the loss in the Valleys. It should be mentioned that our grade 9 phenom missed the games on Sunday. She played on Monday and today, setting up 2 goals and scoring two goals. Her first was possibly the best header I have ever seen from a girl at this level.

Today's game was actually entertaining, as both teams played with more enthusiasm than I expected. We went up 1 - 0 and Enver tied it before the half. We went up 2 - 1 with about 10 minutes to go. They tied it was about 5 minutes to go and we notched the winner with about 2 minutes left. Our starting goalie couldn't play today because of three injuries she picked up in the game against Notre Dame and LV Rogers. Our back-up is not as confident and it showed several times. Either way, the girls played very well and I couldn't have been happier with their overall performance, bar the first half against Notre Dame.

Argyle beat Sutherland 3 - 2 in the final and apparently it was an excellent game. We caught the last 25 minutes and it was a good game with both teams playing some good soccer. Sutherland was up but lost their starting goalie, who is excellent. The back-up was shoc-king and Argyle scored two goals against her, with one being very suspect. Sutherland hit the crossbar in the last minute on a super free-kick. Game over and Argyle wins its 6th title in 9 years. Can you say machine?

We will lose a key striker and our goalie for next year but will have everyone else back. We should be strong, IF a goalie who will be in grade 10 next year is able to play. She wants to at this point but she is a provincial player and is in the nationally identified, whatever the fcuk that means......

Once again, the Posse pulled out a few costumes/outfits, which pissed some of the coaches off. I'm not sure why but it did. The coaches' meeting was rubbish and the general organization was average. Overall, a good 3 days of soccer and the Devils were NOT satsified with seventh place, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps Studsup will give us some analysis of his team's performance, which was good as they went 4 - 1, losing to a good Sutherland team.

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I found out today from the guy in charge of the referees, that the fellow who reffed our first game was not certified.

Dith you were right my bad.:D

Unlucky Captain it is amazing how one bad call can change everything. I feel bad for the girls but for most of them they will have one more chance next year.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers, Parkhead. Most of them will have one more kick at it but once again, we need to replace a solid goalie and an impact player like Barks. I am going to be checking around the school for 'talent' to fill the 4 spots. Speaking of talent, there was a WHOLE lot of it. Fantastic.

We Shall Not Be Moved

Referee

Oct 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS,

Unfortunate that the players had to suffer because the referee scheduler decided to use his "buddy" to officiate the game.

I knew that there were two unregistered referees at the championships. There was nothing else that I could've done. The person scheduling referees is infamous for using unregistered referees. That game that you lost was protestable, but if you choose not to...

Note to everyone, ensure that the referee being used is registered and certified... especially for the high school games.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sutherland looked good!!

I wandered up to the fields on Sunday and caught part of the Sutherland vs Van Tech game. In the 15 or 20 minutes I watched the ball hardly left the Van Tech end and they gave up 3 or 4 goals. They looked to have some very skilled players, the best of which looked like their striker #8 who was getting most of the goals. Composure, control, touch, finish.....I was looking to sign her for our team. At that point I hadn't seen any of the other teams play but thought that Sutherland looked very strong and would go far in this tourney. Glad to see 2 North Van teams in the finals, too bad about Sutherlands keeper or they may have had the championship. All in all I was very impressed at the quality of soccer at the high school girls level.

Better luck next year captain, hope you can replace your lost players with equal if not better quality.

Mick

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster,

You're spot on about Sutherland and their number 8. However, Van Tech were paddled 8 - 0, 8 - 1, and 4 - 1, so no one is quite sure how they got there.

Referee,

The organizer basically said it was his 'bad'. I don't think I would have protested because it is not in my nature to do so, but I certainly feel a little short changed at this point in time. Overall, we'll move on and hope that future mistakes will not be made.

Go Devils

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
captain, like yourself I am too pissed to even talk about it. we shite the bed and settled for fifth. lookin forward to 04 and a trip to hawaii. interested???

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I am interested. Give me a call or send a PM and we can talk about numbers. I am very familiar with the tour company, so we can see what the best alternatives are. Perhaps we could even get a cheaper deal if we all booked together. Let's discuss this very soon.

Captain

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0