Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 BC High School Senior Girls

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the new season is just around the corner so I thought I would start the thread. We started training this week and had three sessions. South Delta will be a better team than last year in terms of depth. We have three handy new players who help the 14 back from last year's BC silver medalists. If we get out of the Valley, we will have a decent chance. However, that will be very difficult again considering we have North Delta, Earl Marriott, and Seaquam in our zone. The girls are pumped for this season which is good for any team from SDSS. Hopefully, they can maintain a strong work rate all season. If so, we should be able to compete with most teams in the province, like last year. Good luck to anyone else who is involved .

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we start our season tomorrow at Semiamhoo(sp?). The girls have been sharper than I have ever seen them but we'll see if they're prepared for the short 7 game league. :rolleyes: The league has managed to add another quality team to our zone(Fleetwood Park- they've knocked us out of the valley's two years in a row before last year), so we are going to have a really tough time trying to win our zone. I guess no one else is involved with any of the high school team? If so, let's hear how things are going.

Captain

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, that is right. Although her twins are also tre-men-dous. Should be a good game for the devils tomorrow. Hopefully the weather is as good as it was today for my coaching debut:rolleyes: .

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AA

L.A. Matheson will be dropping to AA competition this year Captain. A bit of an abscence last season, what with the job action and all, but I recall hosting your side a few years back at our park in the Fraser Valleys. I believe you had face paint on and some silly wig......in the name of support to your SD side. We beat you on the day, and I recall a few tears coming from your sidelines afterwards. Gotta love gilrs soccer. :)

We're average at best this year. Thank CHRIST our numbers dropped enough this season for us to slide into AA. A lot of Juniors in the mix, and missing our one National ringer we revolved the team around the last few seasons.

Good luck this year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip,

You did beat us that day 1 - 0 on a shoc-king call and an even more shoc-king attempt at a save by our goalie Roberta Duran. I'm starting to well up here.....:)

Good luck this year in AA. There are definitely some good teams there too.

We started our season off today with an emphatic 5 - 0 lump-ing of Semi. We scored in the first 2 minutes and were up by 3 at the half. I was able to sit all the top players and hopefully get them ready for our big tilt next week against North Delta. We play Temaniwus(sp?) on Monday and hopefully we can improve some more. One Dart's coaching debut was a big success.......:)

We moved the ball nicely at times and played a lot better defensively in the second half. Hopefully,we will be in full stride by the time we play North Delta......

Pre-game quotes give the girls a good laugh too, which is half the battle.....

"People who work together will win, whether it be against complex soccer defenses, or the problems of modern society."

"The achievements of an organization or a team are the results of the combined effort of each individual."

Overall, a positive start to the season. Hopefully, we can keep building.....

Well done, One Dart, on your opening victory as a coach!

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A 5-0 win to start the season for the SDSS senior girls who defeated a severely overmatched Semiahmoo squad. The girls looked good today but will definitely have to play better against more skilled opponents. Five different goal scorers today which is interesting since they warmed up without balls. The girls were told that they were to bring the balls at yesterdays practice and none of them saw the need to go get them so they arrived at the park and asked the Captain where they were. Captain and Dartsinthehood tried to show them how to warm up with imaginary balls but the girls wouldn't bite. I'm not sure they would have looked any worse than they did in their shoc-king jerseys. Captain can provide more details.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you Captain. Your description of the game was accurate. I will tell my donkey classes about our game on monday at home, perhaps we can get a couple fans out. I smell spirit cards.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yes, I forgot to mention the ball fiasco....

Scenario at practice yesterday....

Captain: "Girls, we need someone to come by the Phed office to pick up the balls for the game."

Two players: "We'll pick them up, Burnsie."

Captain: "Are you sure?"

Two players: " Yes, we'll get them."

I waited briefly at the Phed office and the girls didn't show up. I decided to leave them and have them realize that they have responsibilities. I went and spoke to their coach just before the game and he offered to give us a couple of balls, but I declined. I thought we could con them into pretending they were warming up with real soccer balls. One girl did ask, "Do you seriously want us to pretend we're passing the ball around in the circle."

"What else can you do? The other team will think we have gone nuts, but who cares?"

Once again, they got a good laugh, but more importantly, they will remember the soccer balls the rest of the year.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They're going to think you are a fcukin' nutter! I can just picture the weekend party at some wooded location with beer and joints getting passed around..."how coach Burnsie made us play pass with a pretend ball, "what a dweeb" (or whatever the hip new term they use nowadays).

I can't wait to hear about the player coup that gets you fired as coach of South Delta.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
We play Temaniwus(sp?) on Monday

that's Tamanawis Captain. If you're going to wollop Surrey teams, at least have the decency to wollop us with correct spelling! ;) I doubt they will be any stronger than Semi, and Fleetwood shouldn't pose too much of a problem for you either. They were strong a year or two ago, but have lost many key players without any replacements being added.
Earl Marriot on the other hand, should provide you with a game. I play with the coach (soccer in case you're looking to insert a pisstake), and from what I hear, they have some useful players, top quality.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Captain and One Dart on your first of hopefully a few victories this season. Maybe you guys could even manage to get the school moto changed.;)

parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry about the spelling, Skip. I know Earl Marriott is a very good team because they have about 6 or 7 players who are a part of the Semi U-18 metro team, who are two-time BC champions. They weren't in our zone last year, which was a good thing for us. North Delta will be very tough too, as will Seaquam. It's like any league, you can't take any team for granted. Semi tied us last year in our meeting, thanks to us putting up the worst ever I have ever witnessed. Every game is important in such a short schedule, so you have to be ready for every game......

CDK,

Get stuffed. :p

You had to see the moves without the ball. The best I have produced in about 10 years........:)

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats on the opening day thumping. Do you have the same goalie as last year? I don't remember if she was old enough to graduate.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDSS spirit

I hope the ranting and raving on this site isn't only for SDSS. For your information NDSS thumped Seasqum 3-0. Your girls better be ready to play next week. This is a completely different team then last year. There is a majority of grade 11 players, so the league hasn't seen them play yet. Good Luck your girls will need it!:D

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The thread is certainly not only for SDSS ranting and raving. No question that the girls are looking forward to that match as they always do. Semi was quite weak and it sounds like Seaquam is as well. Our team is mostly grade 11 as well, only a couple new players added from last year. The Captain will have more to say on the subject since I am new (1-0 alltime coaching). Good luck, even though it pains me to say it to some from NDSS. ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
North Delta will be very tough too

Lionheart,

I have coached a couple of girls on the North Delta team and they have told me their a good team. They always are. We were very fortunate to beat them last year to get to the BCs and will be very fortunate again if are able to beat them. In terms of numbers, North Delta is a much bigger school and should be stronger. It's a numbers game. We have 3 grade 12's this year, 10 grade 11s, 5 grade 10s and 1 grade 9 for the record. We are not supposed to beat North Delta, so we will go in as the underdog. Good luck and hopefully, you'll introduce yourself at the game.

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to apologize.......

and they have told me their a good team

I was in a rush trying to get ready for my 7:15 pick-up and just realized now that I have incorrectly used 'their'. Hopefully, you understand why I made the mistake. It sure pays to have friends in high places. Right, Mr. England?

and they have told me they're a good team.

Captain

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0