Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 BC High School Senior Girls

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it will be for the third and fourth seed. Good luck against Enver.

If you are going to quote me DITH, at least get it right. I did not say "Look at the size of that girl", I said "Look at the size difference". To put it into context, ND had a rather large forward who was being defended by a rather small SD defender. Somehow the SD defender was called for pushing even though she ended up on the turf. The fact that I was a good 7 yards onto the field and everyone else was quiet at the time in no way detracts from my classiness:rolleyes: .

We Shall Not Be Moved

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studsup,

I don't know if all the games are on turf. I hope they're all on turf or they're all on grass. It would be ludicrous to mix surfaces game to game. I phone the guy from Carson Graham today and am hoping for a response tomorrow. We need to set up some kind of budget.

Yes, we play Centennial tomorrow. They beat Terry Fox 1 - 0 and the Centennial coach said Terry Fox deserved the win. Centennial scored after 10 minutes and basically spent the rest of their game in their own end. The goalie stood on her head and that's it for Terry Fox. We are playing them on turf tomorrow..

As for an exhibition game, we could do that. I can't imagine us playing each other until at least the semi-final stage, if we get there? Mackie would work for us, but let me find out if we are in fact playing on turf during the tournament. Good luck tomorrow against Enver. I'm predicting a 4 - 0 win for you. Congrats winning the Valleys! :)

BTW, One Dart/DITH, we are taking a school bus to the game tomorrow. It departs at 2:10, so you will have to be at the bus stop unless you can make it out to the school. Let me know if this is a problem. Give me a PM if you have any costume ideas......

Captain

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey OD I called you tonight to see if you are going out to the school or if you want to meet them on the highway??

PM me back by tomorrow to tell me what you want to do.

BTW I don't think that we need ostumes for tomorrow, we have enough ideas for the provincials so I think we should just focus on them, it doesn't really matter sinc ewe have alreeady made it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW I don't think that we need ostumes for tomorrow, we have enough ideas for the provincials so I think we should just focus on them, it doesn't really matter sinc ewe have alreeady made it.

Are you fcuking hammered the night before a game? Look at all the typos(sp?) in the above 'paragraph'...........No costumes then. We shall just bring the CD player and learn the lyrics to We Shall Not Be Moved........

Captain

What gives, One Dart? You better get your act together or you'll find yourself out of the loop faster than someone who has a NBD.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fraser Heights vs Archbishop Carney

Fraser Valley AA Championship game played in Langley.

Fraser Heights 2 Archbishop Carney 3 (2nd overtime)

Good game. Carney scored first on a free kick that look like a cross that floated into the goal, we replied with 2 before half. The 2nd half, we absorbed a bit of pressure and Carney was rewarded for their efforts with a goal with 30 SECONDS left in the game.

The overtime was even, we hit a crossbar in the first overtime, and then just as I'm putting a list of PK takers together, they score on a good buildup in our third with 2 MINUTES left.

The girls are really disappointed, as it would have been nice to win, but hopefully we'll get our revenge next week at Provincials. I'm really proud of the effort of our girls, we need to regroup and channel of efforts for Provincials. You never know, maybe we'll surprise a few teams.

Captain,

Well done to get into the AAA championships. Good luck, and come home with an odd number, preferably ONE.

Cheers

Gilly

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats on a good Valley run, Gilly. This will help you in the provincials. Is there a team called Max Cameron in your draw? If so, watch out for them. They were very good last year and I'm sure they had a lot of grade 11s on the squad. Either way, I wish you and your squad all the best and hopefully you can get revenge on Carney. Good luck.

Captain

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 3
Centennial 0

A game that was lacking in intensity was won by the better team on the day. The shoc-king turf at Riverside in Coquitlam was played on even though there were three other grass fields which were in fine shape not being used at the same complex. Hopefully the turf at the provincials is more like Mackie than Riverside. The best coaching move of the day was a joint effort made by OD and DITH who, on the busride home, skillfully avoided NBD and hung the Captain out to dry at the front of the bus. Just as we were congratulating ourselves for our fine accomplishment the Captain marched to the back of the bus and let us know what he thought about our plan. :wa:
Third in the Fraser Valley, not bad but it's a shame we had so many bad bounces against Enver. Studsup, congratulations, what was the final.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Centennial had two good chances and our keeper made on outstanding reflex save on one of them. Centennial didn't play with any intensity and we were missing 3 starters, who sat due to injuries. Our striker was in great form today, scoring two beauts and our grade 10 sensation, notched a left-foot volley of the striker's cross. Nice. We played as well as we had to and more importantly, got out of the game with no more serious injuries. I had to rest a starting defender too after about 10 minutes, since she had a toe injury.

Thanks for the ride home, gents. It is all about angles, all about angles......

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the website for the upcoming BC Championships for anyone interested in following.

www.members.shaw.ca\aaasoccer

They have us seeded 4 in our zone but that was before we decided to play our game today. So we will be 3 from that zone. Hopefully, they'll start to get everything in place pretty soon.

One Dart/DITH, I found a hotel that has $79 rooms and they should be able to set us up. This is far more reasonable and I will present this info to the girls tomorrow and to the head honchos....It is a tournament sponsor, so hopefully the lady didn't screw up tonight when she said there was room......:confused:

I also heard through the grapevine that Earl Marriott won a wild one over Enver Creek by the score of 5 - 4 . Maybe Enver Creek were missing a couple of key players afterall.........Obviously an exciting game, Studsup, but how did it go? Congratulations on winning the Fraser Valleys........

As for the exhibition game, I don't think we will be able to do it. There are too many players who are struggling with nagging/serious injuries right now and I am just going to run two practices later in the week. Sorry about that....

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, does anyone know if the following fields are turf or grass?

2 - MAHON NORTH - 18th St. and Jones Ave. (Next to Carson Graham)

3 - WILLIAM GRIFFIN - Queens Ave., West of Delbrook Rd. (Behind William Griffin Rec Center)

4 - BOULEVARD PARK - 13th St. and Grand Boulevard

Thanks. I assume the William Griffin is turf but what about the other two?

Captain

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
valley final

Well, the final was a pretty good game, we came out early and scored three goals in the first ten minutes, and then the ref called a dodgy PK on us. Went out at the half with the scoreline at 4-1. thought the game was pretty much in the bag, but enver is a very hard working team who never seemed to give up. lost a couple of players at the half to track and field and work committments and carried on. Enver scored a couple of nice goals, we got another and they scored another with a minute left to round out the score 5-4 for marriott. Was missing three starters, and another key player was injured. Glad to see our depth could get the job done, although it was ugly. Lookin forward to the bc's , looks like argyle is the squad to beat. Thinkin about gettin the 79$ special also, captain sounds good, suffering as you are right now. Good luck to everybody

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Island (3) BBY/NW/NS (2 + host) Okanagan (1)
1 - Dover Bay 1- Argyle 1- Kelowna
2 - Belmont 2- Sutherland
3 - Oak Bay Host - Carson Graham

Frazer Valley (4) Vancouver/Richmond (4) Kootenays (1)
1 - Earl Marriott 1- Lord Byng 1 - LV Rogers
2 - Enver Creek 2 - Notre Dame
3 - South Delta 3 - McMath
4 - Centennial 4 - Vancouver Tech

I knew Byng would be the 1 seed from Vancouver. They have about 6 of the Vancouver U-18 metro team on the squad. We beat them 1 - 0 to get to the semis last year. They were strong and move the ball well. I'm not surprised at McMath making it either. They have several very good players, one by the name of Sari Raber, who is outstanding, and she is in grade 11. Notre Dame is always strong. Kelowna will be strong too because we played an exhibition against their U-18 metro team and they had some speed and were very physical. They could be a dark horse.

Dover Bay is a good team, if it is the same squad as last year. They have a lot of speed and will cause problems for most teams. I don't know anything about the rest of them but they must be alright if they made it this far. I have no idea when the draw is..........

GO DEVILS

We Shall Not Be Moved

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DITH/One Dart,

We need a photo/representation of Buddha for the 25 t-shirts I purchased today. We have 5 different styles - white with black collar, white with red collar, baby blue with black, grey with black, and red with black collar.........They look really sharp. Now we must design the shirt.....Jinky, if you're reading, see what you can come up with, if you have any spare time......:)

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buddah

The spelling is for you OD.

Captain, yeah there is too much detail for that to go on the tee.

OD are you working Saturday? The captain and I are going to find the posse gear for the provincials.

If u have any input towards the two themes, post it!

Btw, Captain I don't know if I can work together with Jinky on shirts.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spare time, come on Captain you know Jinky has all the time in the world and after tonight he will take of your little request. We would think about your little problem with t-shirts but we are to busy watching the Whitecaps vs Tampa Rowdies 1979 NASL championship game. First play of the game and lenardbobaduzzzi turns the ball over. Surprise surprise:eek:

BTW Thanks Gene Kelly(Notty) for the ride back to Jinky's

Parkhead

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0