Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Div 2 Cup

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSU-MapleWood

If you look in the dictionary for impotence and/or underachievement you will see a description of our game Sunday, one that should have never seen overtime. NSU has a serious narcoleptic tendency in the middle part of games where we seem to shut down and go into safe mode. We started out with lots of offensive pressure and went up 1 nil but the sleepiness won out in the later stages of the first half and much to long in the second. We were unlucky not to be up by a few goals and we were too content at 1-nil.

About 95% of the chaffe has been sifted out and the remaining games are going to be good, tough battles. The one redeeming thing about the game sunday is the fact that we played 120 minutes of soccer(minus the naptime) which was a damn good workout and should help us in the rest of our games.

Teelay is bitter about the draw but just think about the satisfaction that comes if you make the final by taking out CA. As well you can give it your all knowing that your round after next might be a "can I get some JimBeam with that".

-BonefishIsProcuringPreGameCaffeineSupplmentsForNSUHereOnOut-

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WU Vulgaria

yomama...still can't believe we lost to those guys :mad: but not at all surprised at the shirt off episode. how was the diving, moaning, cramping, i need a stretcher/ambulance routine?

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, there was screaming. . . lots of it. I kept looking around but I couldn't find the sniper in the bushes.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA 4 - Primos 3 (OT)

Well, quite the game to tell you the truth. We came in to this game with a definite game plan of defense first and counter attack strategy. For the first half it worked as we were holding back and running up a counter attack, up 1-0 at the half. We allowed CA to walk the ball up to half and then when they got anywhere within a "danger" zone we stepped up to clear the ball out to our forwards. Effective for the first 45 minutes.

After half we really pulled back into a shell which hurt us. There was not the aggressive defending seen in the first half and CA potted 3 relatively quick goals. Thereafter we switched strategies to our more comfortable offensive strategy and tied it on 2 late headers.

It was a game of totally mixed possession. 1st half saw CA carry 70% of the play, which we were happy to give them, same with the early part of 2nd half. Late 2nd half saw us pick up more of the play and we carried it for the last 30 minutes or so.

OT goal was smart play by a veteran team. Free kick taken quickly just outside the 18 to their forward who turned and rifled it past our keeps for about 4 yards away. tough to defend that one to tell you the truth. Personally I would have like to take it to PKs to have a shot at the Mini-Me in nets ... but I guess we're stuck on the sidelines from now on.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: CA 4 - Primos 3 (OT), Wee Man is Good on PK's

Originally posted by Teelay
Personally I would have like to take it to PKs to have a shot at the Mini-Me in nets ... but I guess we're stuck on the sidelines from now on.

Tough game, but how do you fall asleep in OT for a quick free kick.

By the way, Mini-me can hold his own on PK's, but that may be seen later in Cup.

HOS

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OT

Tough game, but how do you fall asleep in OT for a quick free kick.

:( That's a question we'll have to deal with over the next week... I guess we were just expecting the normal request for 10 yards, especially given the fact that it would have been a pretty good opportunity to have a shot on net as-is. It was the first time pretty much all game that Mr. Blond was able to turn his guy ... just so happened at the crucial time. Like I said, our team is relatively young, with the average age in the early- to mid 20's and we'll learn from a mistake like that.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA vs. Primos

Caught the second half and it was a doozy....great game. CA carried the play for the most part but thought Primos played well.....
I think whoever won that game would be in the finals, and pretty happy it's CA so we can have a rematch.

Tough luck Primos.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 2 SU 'C' 3 Golden Goal

We could have won this game but for the first forty-five minutes we were more than a little apathetic about the whole thing. Noone really seemed too interested. Two-nil Surrey 'C' at the break. Two goals right off the bat in the second half tied it up. The second was a nice curving free-kick from Mickster onto the run of our centre-back who headed it home. We had more chances for a third but couldn't pull the trigger. Late in the second half I had another one-on-one with the keeper which I only had to place past him and win the game. Of course I scuffed it wide. Again. I think that's at least four in the second half of the season, none of which I have finished. Fcuking beer tasted like crap after the game. Maybe time to head back to the backline. The winning goal was a nice shot from just outside the eighteen by one of the young Surrey defenders. The ref was generally quite good I thought. He handed out a lot of cards but all were deserved except, of course, mine.;)

Hey, great effort Teelay and the Primos (sounds like an old '50s band)! Tough luck on losing out in o.t., I think you guys would have had a great chance of winning the kicks if you had got there, taking into account the goalie matchup.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NSU-SU

Despite a horrible first half, we still had a chance to win the game and two missed breakaways came back to haunt us.

Ontop of losing, I had my legs chopped and I landed not so bsoftly with my 200lbs on the tip of my shoulder...Prognosis, seperated shoulder. It was tough having to go off before the end of regulation and even tougher having to watch the golden goal loss. It looks like I am going to be out for 3-4 weeks.

Dapotayto,

Another week, another through ball....I am not thinking backline for you but maybe somewhere where you can feed some passes like I have given you :D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remedial Soccer 101

Bonefish,

You=Beefy target-man
Me=Skinny running-guy

Beefy target-man pass to skinny running-guy. Skinny running-guy score goal. Beefy target-man protect skinny running-guy. Skinny running-guy get girl. Beefy target-man get separated shoulder.

Can I help if it this is the way the world works?:D

P.s. Shitty about the shoulder, didn't know you got hurt. Guess that's why there were so many extra beer in the cooler after the game. Any hot nurses working at the hospital?

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
tough luck on the weekend

Teelay, sounds like you guys almost pulled it off. It's too bad a silly mistake has to end your season. It's good to hear that your defensive game-plan worked, maybe more teams will try that angle now against CA.

Bonefish and Spud, I thought you guys would breeeze to the semis and maybe secure a provincials birth, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. What happened to you guys this year? Injuries/lack of commitment? Last year you guys almost got promoted, and I recognized some of your core players this year, but I guess things just didn't go your way. Unfortunate, but hopefully we get pooled together next year so we can renew our rivalry. I'll be on the lookout for the beefy target man and the skinny running guy (aka the whiny blonde guy, just kidding, but couldn't resist). Best of luck in summer soccer.

Go Cougs.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup run

Tsenghera,

With the draw we had we should have breezed to the semis. The problem was on Saturday we had absolutely no intensity/desire in the first half. Second half maybe picked up a little but really we didn't want it enough, as a whole, to win against a team we should have beat (although we did have two breakaways late in the game that could have and should have been slotted home). As for the season, I was a new addition to the team as of last September. Shortly after I arrived we must have lost six or seven players from last year for various reason (one guy to school in Ontario, one guy to world-travelling, another couple to O-30's etc.). Most of them were starters too, including three midfielders (that's why I've been playing wing and Mickster playing center-mid recently). I think there is still a decent core there but we will probably need some young blood to pick things up. Good luck in the cup.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not so Sweet Sixteens

I will second Dapotayto, we had an excellent draw and should have, would have, could have, made it to the next round.

This weekend we slept walked the entire first half and despite this were still in the game after a great start to the second. A good part of this game is about creating opportunities and finishing them. We did not finish enough of them when it counted.

This season, with the loss in personnel, was difficult. No goalkeeping, revolving midfield and speaking mostly for myself, lingering injuries all combined to curb the strong onfield performances we have had over the last couple of years. Nothing stays the same,(except for for Dapotayto's stinking up the oppostions 18 box :D ), and next year will be another year of change no doubt, as we are definitely a team in transition.

As for rivalries, it looks like we are in for a move being the 5-6th place team. Looking forward to a better summer campaign than last year and a solid last couple of games against EW and Blaze, If my fcuking shoulder heals...Damn skinny running guy better appreciate my sacrifices to give him shots at glory...

Good luck to the rest of the teams in cup!!

-BrokenBones-

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
anybody have any news on the format(if any)of the div 2 provincials?rumor has it that div2 will have its own b.c's but we don't know for sure

Down to the final 8 in cup play and have heard that the top 4 will go(aparrently to vernon)

Is this a bunch o shite or not??

KID #11

Apr 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincials???

I know the provincials will take place in Vernon on the June 6, 7, 8 weekend. It doesn;t say how many teams from the VMSL will be going, but I've also heard that it is the top 4 from the Div. 2 Cup.

:wa: kid#11

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincials?

I heard 3 or 4 teams from Div 2 qualify for the Prov. B Cup. But which other shite leagues/divisions will be in the B Cup other than VMSL?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two teams from the FVSL. Two from the BBY League and two from the Richmond League. There are more obviously, but that is all that I know of.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 or lower from fvsl

to qualify to play in B cup you need to be registered on B forms.
Div 1 and Premier in Valley are A forms, as i had signed up for a div 1 team before we folded and we used A forms. I would guess most leagues are the same

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0