Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Nation's Cup/Ethnic Tournament

Who's gonna win the Nation's Cup

• ZzzGermans three-peat ?

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • India

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • England

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Scotland

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Ireland

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Italy

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Fiji

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Canada

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for friendly matches, there is one tonight against a collection of UBC players, I believe. That will be it. We should be a well-oiled machine come Saturday morning. :rolleyes: It looks like Canada is really taking it seriously this year, having 3 friendlies. Good stuff and good luck this weekend, boys.

Captain

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

No it isn't him........another Rosie, Trevor, that plays at Trinity Western, but has played with Sporting and I believe is now with Surrey.

THEROB,

Hopefully he didn't stop at just a tetnus shot:)

Good luck on the weekend,

John

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Smallsy Show

........... and had a shoc-king "third period" full of gifts and give-aways

Yes you did :D

A fairly decent game with Canada the better in the first two 30 minutes (played 3 x 30's). Germany picked it up finally in the final third thanks to Smally and john who were determined to give Germany every chance of snatching victory. Apparently john still hasn't recovered from that 'hit' at Nations a couple of years ago :D. You could hear the laughs from J_B on the sideline as he was pissing himself throughout most of the last 30 :D

Canada did look fairly good though even though Rosie (bless 'im) decided to take on the biggest guy on the park and wouldn't stop yapping everytime he got fouled :rolleyes: . He is one fast little fcuk though, he could pose a few problems for a few full backs this weekend provided he can keep the ball on the pitch ;)

He has found a friend in WAB and Kent though, they seemed to take to him very nicely :rolleyes:

Nice to meet TheRob finally, good luck this weekend lads.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada 2 - 0 Germany

Not much else to add to this game report that hasn't already been mentioned. I thought we struggled a bit in the first 10 mins. just like the game last week vs. Carib., but as the game wore on we really started playing some nice stuff. Jolly was basically unstoppable up front for us, that lad's going to be tough to stop on the weekend !!

Aside from the ruckus near the end, it was a good game, I think the Germans could have used a couple more subs, well, except for Pete, he was tireless, marking him is not fun :( Good to meet TheRob !! Cheers to Walks for a decent game reffing !!

Cheers, mackers.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF???

Why everyone sucking TheKnob???:eek:
Why not just tell the truth and tell him he strongly resembled the kid you used to shove into lockers and tip his books down the stairs!!!:p I guess it would be nice to run into that nerd again!!!:rolleyes:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada 2
Fiji 2

frankly a piss poor effort on our part. guess we can look at it as a learning experience and a "getting it out of our system" type of game.
we did very well in the first 20-25 mins. we went up 1-0 on a great left peg knuckler by levitt that was saved by the keeper only to be buried by karm.
after that, we were disorganized. fiji scored two to answer before the end of the half.
second half was not alot better. we did manage to score (junior - toe bash/meg) an equalizer, but frankly deserved to lose the game.
not that it mattered. just another warm-up that was taken a little to seriously by some slide tackling mucks.
p.s. one meg tonite. :D

Saturday 11:30 am....Scotland....can't wait.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From my great memory of last year I believe they are 35 in the round robin and then 45 min in the semi and final.

Cheers
JB

good luck to all the teams

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going with 30 minutes. If the first games start at 9:00 and the second games start at 10:15, that doesn't leave time, if you have two 35 minutes halves plus a 5 minute break. That means the next game would have to start the second the first one finishes. I can't see it, but I've been wrong once before.

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Round Robin games are 30 min halves. I am not sure about the semi's and finals. I believe they are longer though.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, both Scottish teams came from behind for the victory.....Thriller Miller scored the goal which tied the game up with about 30 seconds to go. It was a nice header. His celebration after it was magic. He climbeed the beer garden fence after realising that he shouldn't take his shirt off(pasty complexion) and while hanging on the fence, drank a beer that a spectator gave him. Money. I have to give Italy credit though. They played the majority of the game with 10 men after having a rent-a-mouth ejected. They were holding Scotland well until the last 30 seconds.

As for ZZZZGermans, they lost to Italy on penalties after coming back from a 2 goal deficit in the last 5 minutes. Ireland tied the Germans/Greeks and lost to England today. One goal in three games is not going to win championships. There were plenty of nuggets on display today and yesterday. Well done, Notty. :) Anyway, it was another successful tournament and I am coming home like Larry the Lobster one more time. Congrats to all the winners and Ireland WILL WIN the over 30s next year. :)

Captain

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both "from behind". Funny how that works. ;)

After putting the Germans out of the semis in pks (a whole other story, a whole other post), the Italians met Scotland in the final. After going up 1-0, some bone-head-grease-monkey head butts a Scot thereby putting his team a man down.

The tide turned from there, and the Scots sent wave after wave of long balls down field putting the I-ties under pressure for the rest of the game. Nevertheless, after meeting up at 1-1, the Italians drew another against the flow of play. Scotland pushed and pushed, and in dramatic style tied it all up at 2-2, literally a minute from time.

Only two really close calls in overtime: a missed tap-in from a yard out by Besty (just bounced underneath his foot) and a strange wandering by the Scottish keeper leaving his defender to head away the almost-golden goal.

PKs: the first I-tie hits the post. Everything else (for both teams) slotted away nicely (unlike ze Germans :rolleyes: ). Scotland celebrates like it's the World Cup. :rolleyes:

Great weekend, overall -- fantastic weather, great games to watch, and lovely eye candy. :eek:

Best call of the day was at the beginning of the second half (of the final) from the gardens: "Stay on your line! Stay . . . on . . . your . . . line!" :D

oor wullie

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
YES!!!

YA F**KIN DANCER!!!

2003 Championis!!

I am over the F**KIN moon.

Gonnae go get pished the night...

Awr da best.

Oor Wullie

"I'd walk a million miles, fer one of your goals ~ Oh, oh, oh SCOTLAND ~ na, na, na, na, na ~ SCOTLAND"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0