Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Nation's Cup/Ethnic Tournament

Who's gonna win the Nation's Cup

• ZzzGermans three-peat ?

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • India

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • England

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Scotland

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Ireland

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Italy

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Fiji

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Canada

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are the people !!! Well done Scotland. Miller was legendary (and I think I may have told him that about 200 times in the beer garden last night :rolleyes:

And in the O-30 section, a golden goal winner won it for them. After all the gossip and rumours, Super Ally did suit up with the 0-30's, only to sit most of the match with a pulled hammy. McCoist was first class on the touchline, signing every autograph, and smiling for every picture. Aside from Arnie Mears, Ally might be the greatest player to ever wear the blue kit.

A great tournament, a great weekend, and and once again, a huge fcuking hang over at work on the Monday morning after :( Can't wait to do it all over again next year!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Scots

Great weekend with the exception of Ireland's lack of touch in and around the 18 box... :( But at least the Captain came through on his end of the bet and supplied Guinness with plenty of pints!!!
As for the football, Scotland were the best team in the tournament and finally played well on Sunday!!!:eek: It has been an on going joke for years now (since 1989 to be exact) that the Scots get too pished on Sataurday and shite the bed Sunday morning... Well Larsson actually made the am game and the lads were drinking Ice tea out of their cooler!!! Kudos to them for playing well after a few... That's what this tourney is all about...

BTW, Zenga stay on your line!!!;) (I've never seen that called before nevermind twice on the trot) Everyone does it, only you got busted... It would have been a shame if it made an impact on the final result...:rolleyes:

Stillwellied,Guinness

Ps. Willy cheers for the flip flops!!!;)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice celebration by Zenga after the Germany game. I wasn't sure though what it was he was actually doing... He was either showing how he plays guitar...or how he trowels concrete.

BTW, Ballbaby was standing right in front of me talking to Darkmeat and I didn't recognize him. He looks a lot older with his shirt off.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm curious as to who was the tournament MVP and who won the Golden Boot. Anyone know? (the website does not yet say)

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, Ballbaby was standing right in front of me talking to Darkmeat and I didn't recognize him. He looks a lot older with his shirt off.

Who the hell is darkmeat? The only meat I was talking to yesterday was my third burger.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miller-MVP

And I know that 3 people shared the top scorer but I only know little Frank Randazzo who gave the Scot backilne fits all day was one of them!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m Back

Fantastic weekend. I thought the Scots were well-deserved winners, but by far the Semis with zzGermans and Italy was the highlight of the weekend as far as games go. I think had Italy not won the shoot out thought all hell would have broke loose. Not defending the call(s) but Zenga did leave his line very early each time it’s good thing the Surrey peanut gallery reminded him of it in the finial. Always trying to help. ;)

Miller money celebration.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The funny thing is that I moved way too early on Millers pk, it should have been stopped, but come on the ref gave me a yellow for leaving early and he said if I do it again he was going to give him a red.

If he is calling everything under the microscope the German keeper many, many times had the ball in his hands for more than 6 seconds. But the ref that game was horrible, didnt see what happened on our red in the final.

And those Scots behind the other goal (not the beer garden) were digging their graves calling us wops all game, no need for that.

The atmosphere was amazing for that game, honestly if we play with 11 the whole game we win. For the first 30 it was all Italia, oh well awesome weekend.

I made a fan one lady came up to me after the game bought me a pint and said I was amazing blah, blah, blah. Cant say enough about our capitano Paul Favs this guy keeps going and going but the whole team played well.

Congrats (I guess) Scotland

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotland !!!

Congrats to Scotland !!

I saw the semi-final games but unfortunately had to leave before the final. It was a great weekend, good to see the usual and unusual suspects out. Thanks to Captain, Parkhead and co. for blowing my chance at romance with the wife :( Other than that though it was a good night, I may be looking for a new home, but a good night nonetheless !!

Cheers, mackers.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to Captain, Parkhead and co. for blowing my chance at romance with the wife

No problem, buddy. I feel glad knowing that I made sure two couples wouldn't be shagging in the same night. I guess it was pay back because I got nothing all weekend. :) BTW, Mackers, you better be working on your darts game because it is going to be a pounding. At least by practicing you will be minimizing the total which you will lose by. :p

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to stray from this thread's topic but Captain, I have three words for you.....19, 19, 19 !!!

You name the place and time, i'll be there :D

Cheers, mackers aka. Triple 19

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Scotland

Well deserved win by the Scots. I believe they were the better team. Nothing like leaving the equaliser to the last minute. Absolutely the best celebration of a goal that I have ever seen. Great Stuff Miller. Plus to come over and throw the kid a beer token after was top knotch.

Thanks to Captain, Parkhead and co. for blowing my chance at romance with the wife

No problem there Mackers. We were just giving you a little taste of what Kamloops will be like for the stag.:eek: If by any chance you do need to find a new place I am officially offering Walks services to help you move. It is the least he could do.:rolleyes:

Parkhead

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Late Congrats from HOS

Well done boys, the curse is broken, when was the last Scotland win, 1989 or so. It a was a tough few years there, especially that OT loss to Engerland.

Wish I was there to be part of the weekend, but there is allways next year in O-30's.

Who is part of the winning team, I hear Millar with the winner, but who else got the job done.

Congrats HOS

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From WFP....

Another look at Lucas

I was just reading the current issue of the
paper and saw your article from the Nations
Cup [Issue 31, p.10].
I have met you guys before. I was the keeper
for Italy and am the GK coach for the
European Football School with Saibo Talic.
Just wondering if you have got some more
pics from the Nations Cup Final. The one in
the issue is nice but a bit small, so I am writing
to see if you have any more.

Italian keeper – Nations Cup 2003

...and a beauty response...

Always up to a challenge, we shot off half a
dozen pics to Lucas so that he might relive each
glorious ball he pulled from the back of the net

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.