Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Predictions - Provincial Cup Final

Who will be BC's best?

• Surrey United

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • Inter

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United vs Inter for the whole geerer. Saturday May 10. Royal Athletic, Victoria.

Anyone going? :rolleyes:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least there will be one SU team at nationals

My first post on TTP and KNVB would be proud!!

My pick is Surrey United over Inter 2-1 (although I am a little biased)

But just to let you know KNVB, despite our very disappointing loss yesterday, there will be a quartet of Surrey ladies there getting drunk and cheering the boys on.:D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutmegs

See ya there;)

A few of the PAU lads will also be making the trip!!! Although, we will not be supporting anyone!!!:rolleyes:

Shall be a good match and great pints on the ferry!!!:knvb:

No prediction here... (Other than a FVSL team won't win):rolleyes: :mad: :(

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
skip's thoughts....

Congratulations to both Surrey and Inter for making it to the final.

Also, congrats to my team-mates who all battled hard yesterday in a gutsy effort vs Inter. We played like we knew we could, and despite the loss on the day, won a little bit of respect for our league and our club. Well done boys, A great year!

The Inter defender who literally saved the game for them by blocking....with his balls!!! (ouch)...... what would have been the winner by Grieves late in the 1st OT, deserves to have them massaged gently by each and every one of his teammates. That was definitely "taking one for the team". :) The boys wearing white yesterday were pretty excited to score the winner with only 10 minutes left before penos, and they knew that the game could have gone either way. Evidence of this witnessed in a short conversation between the two Inter strikers at center as PAU pressed in their end late in the game:

Clark: "I don't like the feel of this"
Benji: "me niether man"
Skip: " :D "

Prediction:

Surrey 3 Inter 1

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: skip's thoughts....

Originally posted by Skip
The boys wearing white yesterday were pretty excited to score the winner with only 10 minutes left before penos, and they knew that the game could have gone either way. Evidence of this witnessed in a short conversation between the two Inter strikers at center as PAU pressed in their end late in the game:

Clark: "I don't like the feel of this"
Benji: "me niether man"
Skip: " :D "

Classic stuff Skippy!!

That and the fact that their coach was losing his voice while screaming at the top of his voice at his defence to "not **** it up" so late in the game :D Yeah, definite VMSL superiority there :rolleyes:

Notice the :rolleyes:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slurrey will win. In this year in which absolutely anything can happen, Unbelievably Knvb will get the winner. Off his shin of course but nevertheless the winner.:eek:

Parkhead

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Final

Best of luck to Surrey UTD, a first class organization with an enequaled work rate during traing sessions. All of your hard work over the past 3 years will certainly pay off. Hope my kicking of Benji will help you lads (he had to go off and get taped). Dobbs put Pinnochio in your back pocket like I did on Sunday. Guys Like Pistol and MF, Deacs, Dal, blakes, 2lf deserve this Cup. Kudos to all the boys on the bench who keep the players busting their arses to be competitive for spots.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pinnochio

Dobbs put Pinnochio in your back pocket like I did on Sunday.

Studsup

Lets not get ahead of ourselves now....He did score our first goal on a great individual effort and was a being a pest like he usually is,the whole game....I remeber one of your fans saying he was the dirtiest player they have ever seen,so he wasnt as invisible as you think he was.......

Are there any Inter fans out there at all???We've had some great battles against Surrey over the past couple of years and I can gaurantee that this one wont be any different....

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy:

Just a hunch but I think Zenga might be cheering for you now.
It may have something to do with his ethnic background, the result on the weekend against SU, and the fact that he supports another team called Inter.
Just a hunch though. ;)

It pains me, as I think the world of you and can't stand KNVB, but I'm on the SU bandwagon.

Good luck though,

RF

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger

Actually dont care who wins.

No offence to my fellow Wops but The REAL Inter plays tommorow.

Played my first season in Premier with Inter sat on the bench more than I did this year with Peg!!

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Pinnochio

Originally posted by Jimmy Holiday
Studsup

Lets not get ahead of ourselves now....He did score our first goal on a great individual effort and was a being a pest like he usually is,the whole game....I remeber one of your fans saying he was the dirtiest player they have ever seen,so he wasnt as invisible as you think he was.......

here he is trying to pester his way through the arm bar ...not gonna happen say studs up...as coach cainy looks on ( the wee man in the jacket:p )

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter have a number of skilled one on one players who like to run at you and turn you and shoot from anywhere...stronger going forward than at the back / defending. The pick below shows how they often get their head down and try for the individual effort goal even if there is a guy wide open in a more dangerous position (this player ended up trying to take on 2 guys to get a shot away)
If Surrey can contain and cover these individual flashes, they should out battle Inter.
Inter will need to step up there intensity level and work rate to beat Surrey. They seemed a little casual at times and were not interested in closing the ball down ( fitness? or a fvsl opponent?)...a very dangerous and talented team though!

Surrey needs to try and have cover in the back so the man markers can close anyone down in a dangerous shooting position without worrying about getting beaten...that's how they scored their winner ( pic #2 next post)

Best of luck to ol' linemate Peter Hjorth as he chases down that 1st provincial crown. :cool: :D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The winner

from Joseph Marrello...(son of my old high school soccer coach at N. Surrey)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What, are you a PAU fan now? ;)
If I knew it was costing my team a loyal faithful fan of the Rangers I wouldn't have said anything.
Don't tarnish everyone with the same brush.
I can feel Roberts' scorn as I speak. :eek:
Man, you're either accused of being a pussy-riding fence sitter on here or like KNVB, a cnut otherwise.
Yeeesh.

Were you at the game Fil?
A couple of Rangers were looking for you but couldn't find you.
No shite.

As much as I love you and Jimmy, I'm happy for Marty Foden that's all.
Many moons ago I played for SU one year that's it plain & simple.
You and your useless brother-in-law :D know exactly how I feel about the I-Ties.

My sincerest well wishes and may the best team win.

KNVB: the VMSL vs the FVSL thread isn't the biggest wind up on here, you are.

Fasty-wannabe.

Just so you know: :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes:

Love,

RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars