Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Men's Provincial B cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dopeashell,
i think u may have popped a few too many paranoia pills. aussie wasnt beeing held back he was beeing held up, a bottle of absynth does that to a man. if i had a problem with u wouldnt question it, u would know. but incase u cant figure it out, i dont have any reason to " have a problem". to be honest i dont recall anyone in a rangers top at that shitty ass sausage fest. what a joke. rangers rule scotland....hahahahahah. henrik larson? is he a ranger? too bad us or deltafc didnt go farther, from what i saw we both had a chance. the hurricanes..hahahahahah WOW. please someone tell me that campbell river didnt win. we watched your game against the victoria/camaroon team, and both of their strikers totally and completely displayed a more skillful class then that of any player on your team, especially whatever u had up front - non existent.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No mention of the free massages??? That was the best part of the tourney! It wasn't as organized as last year, the turf field only had lights at one end and the grass was shin deep, and to top it off the officiating was horrible. Shocking!

Hey TS, just to set the record straight, it wasn't the Rovers who started the whole illegal player talk, it was the 4th official who noticed you had 14 or 15 players dress and take the warm up, but only had 11 or 12 players on the game roster. I guess they caught wind of what may have been going on in previous games, that's why the 4th official stopped the game for a chat and then checked your id's after the game. Those are some dedicated fans you have if they wear shin pads and cleats to the game. Do you blame the sportscaster for jumping over that? Anybody would have. Last year those players would have been punted from the bench, and put in the fan area. This year the rules got a little slack. So come clean, we recognized those players who were sitting on the bench, pretty sure they didn't play with you during the season.

Nonetheless, we lost fair and square to a young, hardworking team with a hot goalie who was stopping shots from the 6 (MVP for sure), although, #13 on your team was a very skillful player, best on your squad, and worthy of a MVP nod. Too bad we hit everything except the back of the net!

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
Cambell river in the final? oh good god.....we spanked them 4-1...wow....it will be very funny if they win. the story of the cup is surrey hurricanes....19 golas against - 0 for. worst team in the tournament, an embarasement to fv. Did not deserve to be there. the fields were atrocious, overall very poorly put together. but hey, there was free water.

Cambell River won 2-1 in the Finals what a joke

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hack, my bad on the accusations. Truth be told, we entertained the idea of playing ineligible players due to a lack of numbers, but we had 11. three of us were playing hurt and another came with 10 to play, so we decided to gut it out and see what happens. You're right, you guys hit everything but the back of the net, and our goalie came up HUGE. our gk and#13 were probably our MVPs, #13 played at UBC for 4 years and should be playing in the premier div if you ask me.

I forgot to send out a thank-you shout to Bonefish from the JBs who came out on Friday night to play with us. Not many people would take a road trip with a team and players they didn't know. Thanks WH for coming out, wish you could've stayed and I hope you had fun. A class act all the way around.

I can't believe Campbell River won, they were shite. Ah well, we'll see what happens next year.

TS

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your telling me they were shite....they had 60 year old men on the back line, a mouthy curly **** up front and there goaltender was 250 easy. I can't believe they won...we ran that team into the ground on the uvic turf. we beat the champs 4-1. Man Richmond must have been just pickled when they lose 5-0 to cambell river then to beat Genesis in the Final. After our Sunday game even they said they shouldn't be in the semi's, it should have been the Knights but oh well, we didn't come to play on sunday night and blew alot of chances to pull ahead.

For being a Provincial championship it wasn't what I expected.....Fields were shite Finleyson had potholes the size of dinner plates and they were at least half a foot deep....the grass was at your knees and when you ask them to fill the holes with sand they said that they couldn't be bothered.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks TS,

It would have been great to stay but, the boys at home were short as it was. I got to our Sat game 5mins in and had to jump in between the pipes as the 10th player. We actually carried alot of the play but when we went down to 9 players at half, it was difficult to do much else than defend. We lost 1-0

I am glad you made it to the Semi's and I am sorry I did not have my 'A' game with me Friday. Between work and allergies I was dehydrated all to shizat. It was a pleasure playing with RC and I had an awesome time and would do it again. I'm sorry I was not able to contribute to Sat Night at the "Lion" as I would have liked to have represented the JimBeam team in the drinking and carousing category.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A tough Provincials showing for the Hurricanes to say the least. We thought about dropping out last week as we only had 4 regular starters able to go, but thought we'd go and give it a shot. Of the 4 regulars we did have, our top scorer went down in the first half of the first game.

It was unfortunate that this was the weekend that the Provincials were on as we lost some regulars to our keeper's wedding and others were out of town this weekend and simply couldn't make it. The only positive to take out of our performance is that we are very hungry to make it back next year and redeem ourselves.

Good luck to the Black Knights in Div 1 next year and we'll see NDFC in Div 2 next year. The battle to make it back to Provincials next year should be a lot of fun.

Congrats to the Black Knights and NDFC for making Provincials. It's too bad the 2 Steve's were both hurting for NDFC as they likely would have made it through to the next round with a healthy lineup...

LucVanLierde said:
dopeashell,
i think u may have popped a few too many paranoia pills. aussie wasnt beeing held back he was beeing held up, a bottle of absynth does that to a man. if i had a problem with u wouldnt question it, u would know. but incase u cant figure it out, i dont have any reason to " have a problem". to be honest i dont recall anyone in a rangers top at that shitty ass sausage fest. what a joke. rangers rule scotland....hahahahahah. henrik larson? is he a ranger? too bad us or deltafc didnt go farther, from what i saw we both had a chance. the hurricanes..hahahahahah WOW. please someone tell me that campbell river didnt win. we watched your game against the victoria/camaroon team, and both of their strikers totally and completely displayed a more skillful class then that of any player on your team, especially whatever u had up front - non existent.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct me if im wrong but didnt we beat you guys to get to the provincials? We went up with 4 starters buddy and had a bad showing big deal, with our full team we would have been in the finals guranteed. I could say so much more but unlike you we did our talking on the field when we shitkicked you guys. I understand that you're bitter, after all you guys were first place in div 2 and expected to win the cup but instead found yourselves down 2-0 to a div 3 team with 2 mins left when we gave you that mercy goal. Neways after we take div 2 next year we'll redeem ourselves in next years provincials.
LucVanLierde said:
Cambell river in the final? oh good god.....we spanked them 4-1...wow....it will be very funny if they win. the story of the cup is surrey hurricanes....19 golas against - 0 for. worst team in the tournament, an embarasement to fv. Did not deserve to be there. the fields were atrocious, overall very poorly put together. but hey, there was free water.

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star said:
Correct me if im wrong but didnt we beat you guys to get to the provincials? We went up with 4 starters buddy and had a bad showing big deal, with our full team we would have been in the finals guranteed. I could say so much more but unlike you we did our talking on the field when we shitkicked you guys. I understand that you're bitter, after all you guys were first place in div 2 and expected to win the cup but instead found yourselves down 2-0 to a div 3 team with 2 mins left when we gave you that mercy goal. Neways after we take div 2 next year we'll redeem ourselves in next years provincials.

Yeah all that talking at provincials really showed....Man you guys were good and seeing how you were only allowed to bring 4 guys from other teams you must have slipped the system again just like in the Knights Cup. Giving up 15 goals in the provincials, I think even the Tigers could have done better then you boys did. Anyways have a good year next year and I predict right now that it will be the Delta Fc Golden Ears Titans that are 1 and 2 in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0