Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Nations Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, it doesn't, Bronco. I'm Catholic after all. :)

Also, I have NEVER claimed to be 'innocent' of such charges. BTW, I forgot to add the O' in front of the names, therefore making it difficult to tell that they are in fact Irish. Cheers, Bronco.

Jackie Charlton

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries Capt. Should be a good match, if we can get our asses there for 9am :D Is the Capt, sorry....Mr Charlton not dressing?

We play the Greeks tonight in our last warm up match prior to the tourney. Again out at Sidaway on that great pitch!! :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, Jackie will not be dressing, Bronco. I'm too old. I OFFICIALLY cut myself from the squad after last night's intrasquad. I'm having difficulty walking for a change today. :) Actually, I'm playing over-30s this year and just trying to focus on coaching the open team. Good luck against Greece tonight at the cow pasture.....See you bright and early on Saturday.......

Jackie

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haven't seen any posts on results of today's games.
Either some of your are nursing sore muscles or some of you are nursing sore ego's :p

Due to undisclosed reason's (kid) :mad: I was only able to watch the games for one hour today.

Could someone provide a brief summary on the results of the day...unless they are posted elsewhere thenplease point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Vinnie

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some scores I can remember Vinnie are and hopefully they are all right.
From the open div first round games:
Ireland 2 Croatia 0
Germany 6 First Nations 0
China0 Carribean 1
Portugal 2 Greece 0
India1 Italy 0
Canada 1 Argentina 0 was the score when I was watching and don't know what happened after
England 1 Fiji 0

second round the ones I know were:
Scotland 2 Ireland 0
India 0 Portugal 0
Italy 1 Greece 0
The Carribean-First Nations game was getting ugly as I kept hearing/seeing the Carribean scoring often. It was another 6-0 or maybe more score.

That's all I know and Poland I think dropped out.

Over 30's I know Scotland beat Greece 1-0, Slovakia beat Ireland 2-0 and I believe China won their first game against India 2-0.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also if memory serves me correct Canada beat the square heads in the o-30's by a goal or 2. I left after the 3:15 games and the only open div. scores that I don't know are Argentina-England and the 2 4:30 games.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I know is I watched little soccer, dranks too much beer and am burnt to a crisp! Time to go pass out to do it all again tomorrow...

Spazz
wasgoodtoseealltheTTPersouttoday!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie said:
Either some of your are nursing sore muscles or some of you are nursing sore ego's :p

Great day out in Richmond yesterday, saw the Croatians drinking lots of beer, so i guess they lost thier first game and are now out, see how they do vs. Scotland today. Ireland looked OK, but very OLD up front, those Hoops sure are ugly.

In O-30's action, it is setting up to be a Scotland vs. Slovakia final, if the coach can keep TheRob out of the beer garden.

To top last years big celebrity, Nations Cup Brass has brought in FastShow, seen in the beer garden signing autographs.

Should be another great day, love the 12:45 kick-offs.

hos

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you Spazz. Too much in the bzzr garden. Where the hell were all of you later in the night? :mad: I went the distance baby and I will be back for more today. :wa:

HOS, posting early? You must be excited to show your stuff today. ;)

Off to get a good breaky down, then a stumble back to watch the action. At this point I don't have a favourite to win, too early to predict! :confused:

I hope to see Ballbabylicious (again) with no shirt... :eek:

+SCinthehouse

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC,

I hope your night went well. I apologize for not calling but we were having a great laugh with Reedy, Dave Fiorvento, Brian Donald, and of course the BIGUN(Shrek). We must talk shop today after I play. At this point, I have NO idea what time we are playing.

Captainwhoisstillhammered

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Off to try and beat Scotland 2-0 to give the organizers a nightmare. Scots, Irish, and ourselves would have identical records, goals for, against etc!!! Should be interesting!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco said:
Off to try and beat Scotland 2-0 to give the organizers a nightmare.

Bronco, I think if that happens, it would go to a coin toss, the Croatians would want Boat Race, but Coin toss it would be.

In O-30's action, it is Scotland vs. Canada, winner goes to the final, well I tie would send Canada through too. Who is on that team? Should be a good one.

Think I will put some sunscreen on today :mad:

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco,

Go beat the Scottish 2 - 0 please. Thanks.

HOS,

Do you have a 3 sided coin? How they would do a coin toss with 3 teams would be something special.......:)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The mighty Slovaks need only a tie vs. India this afternoon to gain a final birth. TheRob is sucking shite right now though, and will be lucky to see the pitch. :(

It would be nice to play the Scots in the final. They are probably the weakest team in goal in the entire tournament. Unless Ian plays. That brings the calibre up a tad.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beat the Scots 2-1, but it wasn't enough. The second goal allowed yesterday vs the Irish killed us. I think we needed another 5 minutes and we may have been able to sink another against the Scots. Didn't stick around for the final, but I know it was Scotland (beat caribs 3-0) and Canada (beat India on penos). Anyone disagree that ours was the group of death???

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Canada...

GT, can you see straight to type out who got the goal, some details?
Did you just crawl down the road after what I'm sure was a beer garden to remember for the lads??

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Win!
We did what we had to do all weekend.....S. Frank put the pieces together. A tad disappointed not to see Weaver on the park that often, as it was his goal against Fiji that really put us through. You could have given Nash, Pete or Todd a Best Defender Award.......they dealt with everything that was thrown at them.
Although he didn't receive recognition from the powers that be, Animal was hands down, the MVP of the tournament! (NO GOALS AGAINST!!!) He was not going to be beat!

Well Done Lads!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turning point of the final was the awesome save Animal made to keep the Scots from tying the game right before half time. I don't know how he saw the ball because from where I was sitting in the bleachers all I could see was about five bodies in front of him but he dove to his left and got a piece of a ball that was labelled for the top corner and knocked it out. Also well done to Canada who adapted the Greek mentality, score a goal with one of the 3 chances they got and then defend. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts