Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Coed Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Union Jackers 3 - Beefeaters 2

Good game all around, but the Beefeaters substitute goalie definately blew this one for them. Defenseman gave up the ball and the keeper was way out of position, shot from 25+ yards out beat him to the net.
Beefeaters thought Herb was favouring us a little, but as everyone knows, he favours nobody. Well, he claims to favour the girls and protect them but not always.

Not sure, but i think Butter threw...............i mean lost another one.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone who has witnessed Butter play knows we are not good enough to throw a game.
We were surprised when we came out from under the umbrellas that all five of the other teams were all gone. Why leave so early Yoda it was such a nice night for beer drinking.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beernuts 6 Gin & Tonic 4

WHEN ARE WE GONNA SEE A SUMMER??? Man, nobody came prepared for the wet stuff, but that didn't keep us from chuckin' a couple...ahem...a bunch back after and during the game.

Good game...Gin & Tonic are lookin' quite impressive!

Beernuts went up 3-0 in the first 10 minutes or so and then G&T poured it on a bit and caught us flat footed on more than a few occasions and capitalized. Nice goals from their chickies as well :D

Last and final game vs. Gunners @ Charles Best on Sunday

ON TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
Anyone who has witnessed Butter play knows we are not good enough to throw a game.
We were surprised when we came out from under the umbrellas that all five of the other teams were all gone. Why leave so early Yoda it was such a nice night for beer drinking.

I would have if my daughter wasn't a zombie and wasn't wearing a t-shirt wrapped around her for pants held up by scotch tape.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
YG's 2 - 2 Dragons

About what you'd expect from these two teams. Lot's of tryhardness from both sides. Some pushing. Some shoving. Some trash talking. Above all else though, some really nice soccer.

They scored with nothing left on the clock for the tie. A fair result I would say.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda I will send an Email to the league asking teams to save their beer cans so you can afford to put proper clothes on your children.

BTW electrical tape works better that's what I am using to hold my boots together.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
YG's 2 - 2 Dragons

About what you'd expect from these two teams. Lot's of tryhardness from both sides. Some pushing. Some shoving. Some trash talking. Above all else though, some really nice soccer.

They scored with nothing left on the clock for the tie. A fair result I would say.

So the Dragons remain undefeated! They just might become the first undefeated team to finish 4th in the standings! It looks like it's YG Inc vs Carts for the league title...Will Wade play in net for this one?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
So Striker does this mean you are putting your money on the Carts???

HA HA HA HA...um...sure, why not, eh? If you can call the dust bunnies in my wallet money! :rolleyes:
To be quite honest, the Carts have the squad to pull it off, and who wouldn't love to see someone FINALLY demolish the YG Inc. Empire?!

Both teams are worthy...it'll be a good fight!

striker14

whyiamcalledstriker14whenalliplayismidisbeyondme?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor,

Do you ever answer Private Messages? I guess you're still mad at me for keeping Darco and Mario late after Nations Cup last year...Hmmmmmmmm, I just thought of something new to lure them my way again :eek:

+SC

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor, I don't have either. Perhaps Dial-Soap can help me out and PM me your details :confused:

+SCistootiredtoexplainhowtoPM :eek:

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
R & R 5 - Violators 1

Finally some great weather for soccer :wa: . Violators started the game last night with only 7 players, and eventually made it to 9 players, and taking that into consideration, they played a good game. Having said that, it was nice to see our opposition's net ripple a few times as we have been in a drought lately and are fighting to stay in the playoffs. We scored an early one off an OG by their defender who headed the ball brilliantly if only he had been on our team ;) . Violators notched an excellent goal on a great run by their centre midfielder, who was causing us difficulties the whole game, to make it 4-1. He made it through most of our team, round our keeper and could have potted the ball into the net under pressure from our defender, but he decided to jinx his way round our defender as well to put it into the net cleanly . Looked pretty good from where I was standing watching :cool: . They caused us a few moments of worry, but without enough players they didn't put up much of a threat overall.
A nice night with some sun, soccer and bevvies ...who can complain about that? :D . Whew, playoffs here we come :knvb: .

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rackets and Runners are a bunch of tryhards running up the score on a depleted team!! :mad: Funny thing is, Burrno the goalie always complains when his team gets lit up like a christmas tree!!I geuss it's alright to stomp on a team when they are short players!!!R&R good luck in the playoffs!! p.s. glad to see your team finally stick around for a few drinks!!!

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Rackets and Runners are a bunch of tryhards running up the score on a depleted team!! :mad: Funny thing is, Burrno the goalie always complains when his team gets lit up like a christmas tree!!I geuss it's alright to stomp on a team when they are short players!!!R&R good luck in the playoffs!! p.s. glad to see your team finally stick around for a few drinks!!!

Burnro wasn't even there Thursday night!! I think "stomp" is a little harsh, and technically we only scored 4 of the goals. It would have ended 4-1 if their defenders had kept running after our girl stiker. They let her go in on the goalie 1 vs. 1 from just inside the centre circle, and she finished it cleanly. What can you do ;) ? We've never scored more than 4 goals in a game that I can remember, and we weren't purposefully trying to run up the score, but winning by 4 was more than enough. I never thought we would've been a team labelled as tryhards, but there's a first for everything :D . Now I know why other teams got so defensive about being called tryhards - ouch!

It was our girls that showed staying power Thurs. We managed to outlast the other team, which is another first this year! Good luck in the playoffs to you too Conductor...Maybe we'll meet up beside a cooler soon :D .

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Rackets and Runners are a bunch of tryhards running up the score on a depleted team!! :mad:
Tryhards?!?!?!?! That's rich! Have you seen our record this season?!?! Our team could not be more opposite than a bunch of 'tryhards', what a laugh that is mate!

Conductor said:
...Burrno the goalie always complains when his team gets lit up like a christmas tree!!
Another interesting observation there Conductor, especially the "always complains" description of myself. My one and only set of comments about a score against us was in regards to our game against the Beernuts, and if you look back at those posts to educate yourself, you will see that I took full responsibility for some of the goals as I had an absolute minger in net!

As Munchkin posted, I wasn't there on Thursday, but speaking with some of our teammates, it sounds like your team pretty much gave us a couple of goals, so I'm not sure how your comments are even close to being accurate?!?!?!

Good luck in the playoffs to you and your team too Conductor!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golfcarts were out in full force tonight with about 10 subs and a big Wade cheering section.Word on the street was that Wade was hung over this is why he didn't get the start vs YG tonight.YG playing with a short bench no girl subs and only 1 guy sub came out flying with a 4-0 lead against the undefeated Carts,but the game was at Ioco and the Guns were going downhill first half.Carts scored late in the half to make it 4-1.2nd half Carts came out flying with Wade's cheering sqaud in full effect making it close 4-3.In the end YG scored afew insurance goals to make the final 6-3 YG to give YG first place on the season!!Carts our a very good team with lots of speed maybe too much if that's possible??The only question I have is why they don't use there girls more.Without a doubt I think there girls are top notch and could have maybe been the difference if used more!!Great game by both teams.Good luck to everyone in the playoffs!!! :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Union Jackers 3 - Violators 4

Good close game with the winner coming on an own goal by our defensewoman. Tipped it off her head and over our keeper who obviously wasn't expecting it.

Suprised that Violators aren't higher in the standings, they are a prety good team.

I finally got to see Chef Knotty's masterpiece pasta last night at half time but he was guarding it under lock and key and wouldn't let me taste test it. Smelled good though.
Man was he pissed when someone cleared a ball and almost knocked over the pot!
Serves him right for setting up the kitchen so close to the sidelines.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0