Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Coed Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the standings, Dragons won on Saturday 4-0 or something like that.

Thus an undefeated season for the Dragons... well done!!!

I think that means we finished 3rd?

How many make the playoffs? 8?

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
twas 5, but not a big deal, I'd just hate to see KJ's or one of Tiff's goals taken away from them. My two both stand... :p

yes, undefeated and 3rd, how does that happen? must pick it up for the playoffs or we may be caught eating, drinking, and having a good time. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see my contributions to the Dragon undefeated campaign this year have paid off handsomely. Or something like that. Well done "team."

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slappers vs Dragons was a good game for the most part. Slappers started off with only 8 players against the Dragons 10. After 2 quick goals by the Dragons in the first few minutes, one of them which was a really nice shot by Tiff, the game evened out a little more. Game was relatively relaxed and fun, other than one Slapper who now has my nomination for the "Tryhard" award. I am sure most of the players on both teams know who I am referring to, as he was yelling and bitching at our players for the entire game, even though he missed countless opportunities and breakaways and never ran after any balls that weren't right to his feet. I think the yelling depleted his energy, which resulted in all the missed chances. Normally not too much yelling goes on in our games and he isn't always that yappy, but I think maybe he woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something.

Does anyone know when the playoffs are?? Isn't the league normally over by now since Kamloops is coming up in less than 2 weeks and the playoffs haven't even begun.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well sorry coed league, the carts tried there best to take the league from the YG inc. Not to worry I'm sure we will meet them again and have another go. Hopefully AK can take a sub next time after 5 goals and give our goalie a break. Unless of course he needs to show off again for the coed league. A pretty good game, a bit too intense for golf carts liking. Thank goodness there's only one team that needs to play this hard in the league. Good soccer, but just not that much fun to play against.

Side note: whoever has the first game next week at ioco elementary needs to get a hold of the liner to do that field, I'm guessing kwayquitlam will need it too.

On to playoffs, should be interesting with nations cup to see who's alive for sunday.
Lionheart

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BEERNUTS 1 GUNNERS 3

Good Game!! Gunners had our numbers this game...we had no girl subs and 1 guy sub, so we were pretty hurtin', but otherwise, even if we had a full squad, they would have given us a good run!

Game started with kick off...ball came back to our sweeper, he gave it to me (yes, STRIKER14 playing D...mistake right there) and I had nowhere to go, plus the BLAZING sun in eyes, and so when I went to give it back to him, I didn't notice he had started pushing up, so it was a sweet pass to their striker girl and she buried it...assist goes to striker14 :wa:

From there it was a good tight game, but they popped in a couple more before full time and took the "W"

Lights went out shortly after the game, but that didn't scare us off...we hung out there until the cooler ran dry and home we went.

Playoffs should be good...

striker/midfield/defense/goalie14

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lionheart I find your comments amusing!!First off AK didn't end up with 5 he would have if your sidelines didn't have such an influence on the ref,screaming offside all the time.Your comments about it not being fun to play against us, is exactly how most teams in the league feel like when they play against the Carts.How many goals did Wade score for you guys this year 50??It seems like every time I read a post about your games against other teams it was always about how Wade scored 2or 3 goals.Except for Beernuts where he played in net.So if your gonna come on here and be a hypocrtye and talk like your team doesn't try,REMEMBER your words to the league!!
the carts tried there best
:D
Good luck to all teams in the playoffs including us cause I know, no one else will wish us it!!Except for Rackets and Runners!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
.How many goals did Wade score for you guys this year 50??It seems like every time I read a post about your games against other teams it was always about how Wade scored 2or 3 goals.Except for Beernuts where he played in net.

Phew...did we get lucky or what? :rolleyes:
I should have grabbed an autograph from this dude while I had the chance...

Is anyone working on a Rec League Playoff schedule?

striker14

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
R&R 5 - Allover 0

Well, it started out as a gong show...both teams wearing the same coloured jerseys (orange no less!!), no corner flags, the ref was late, and a few of our players decided to no-show! Ended up being a pretty fun game - for both teams I think.

R&R scored a couple of nice goals early, and Allover were doing their best to create chances, and could have scored a few, but our keeper robbed them with some quality saves. In the second half they were doing their best, but couldn't seem to get the ball on net. It would've ended up 4-0 after yours truly nicked in on the keeper to steal a back pass that didn't have enough mustard, but the other team decided to get cheeky and score an OG. After an innocent through ball to our striker that wasn't going to make it to him, their regular keeper who was playing out in the second half, decided to take that pass, turned, and had a go on their own net :confused: . I couldn't believe it!! Apparently thier team liked to keep the netminder sharp by taking shots on him during other games, and he thought he'd return the favour this time :eek: . Certainly caught us off guard. Whatever floats your boat I suppose!

Overall a fun game, with no rough stuff or bickering that I could see. Good luck to all in the playoffs.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
lionheart said:
Hopefully AK can take a sub next time after 5 goals and give our goalie a break. Unless of course he needs to show off again for the coed league. A pretty good game, a bit too intense for golf carts liking. Thank goodness there's only one team that needs to play this hard in the league. Good soccer, but just not that much fun to play against.

Oh Lionheart - just when everyone had taken a break from the YG bashing we get it from the team that has been taking the brunt of the tryhardness this year.

As for the AK comment, when we were up 4-1 to start the second half one of your girls actually told myself and him to let up on trying to score and then your team proceeded to score two quick goals and make it exciting. One of your guys also actually ran into the net and picked up the ball after each goal to run it back to center when there was still more than 20 minutes left to play to try to tie it up. Plus the only other guy we could have put up front for AK was Conductor and he would have lasted only about 5 minutes at the speed your team plays at. :D

Ironic that you say we play hard when the guys on your team run their bags off and don't even slow down when there is a 50-50 ball between them and a girl. I nearly got crushed (but luckily I wimped out) and another girl on our team got one hell of a charlie horse.

Anyways enough defending ourselves against the carts :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs and if SC manages to kidnap even more YGs in the nations cup beer garden, our cup run may be over :D

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
a really skilled player that dosen't try hard at all, is still a better soccer player than a less skilled player trying really hard! make sense??? i think so.
just because certain guys/girls play well, dosen't mean they are trying hard, it might just mean that they are good. is there something wrong with that?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you trying to say that you're better than everyone else, darkmeat? Typical Thug gun thinking his shite doesn't stink. What's next for us super star? You probably want the AMSL to have an all-star team so you can show everyone that you started for them, don't you? Clown.

You're my hero rock star.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see the new team shirts now.

"2005 Champs - I'm not trying hard, i'm just better than you!"

:rolleyes:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
I can see the new team shirts now.

"2005 Champs - I'm not trying hard, i'm just better than you!"

:rolleyes:

Yoda...I'm right on it. ;)

Congrats to all...I thought the league play was great this year. Best of luck to all in the playoffs. It's been mighty quiet in here this year...it looks like the thread is finally coming to life!

KNVB...I think Darkmeat was referring to me.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe if the AMSL did have an allstar team, KNVB would show up to play?

Darko, what you say makes sense. Unfortunately it seems YG Inc. have a few less skilled players whom ruin it for the rest :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0