Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Greek Summer Soccer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexi

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devilastro said:
Alexi it would have if you had any finish
lol, I did score one, I missed one but they missed quite a few themselves, fortunate for u who was supposed to be guarding them ;)

The Rock

Jun 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devilastro said:
why don't you fcuking dorks start a wrestling forum to share your passion for men in tights. This is strictly for greek league soccer talk and the fact is Paok will beat Sparta in the final 3-2. Red Devil I agree you have been the most dominant team in the leauge in years past I enjoyed winning many leauges and cups with you guys but your time is done as of this weekend say hello to a new dynasty, Paok 2005 cup champs.

Devilastro???

Know your role and shut your mouth!!!!!

You sit there and run your yap like your someone special
day in day out
you talk about absolutely nothing
then you criticize the pics of wrestlers?????

The rock says this.
SHUT THE HELL UP
Devil i can see why your that dam devilesh

But astro? Rock says you cartoon freek!!!!

Astrro is a dog and a good dog from the Jetsons and not a freek greek like you , you anti wrestler.

Learn to play soccer first. Then judge jabroni!!!

jetsons3.jpg

Maybe then you will understand.

If you smell what the rock is cooking.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inevitably it was a Poak vs Olympiakos(sp) final. While it took Oly's to beat Sparta in a penalty shoot-out, Poak played at half pace to beat Solon. The final saw the 2 dominant teams meet in what would end up being a high scoring affair. Oly's scored early against run of play, but Poak equalized shortly after. Oly's were then awarded a pk and scored, which seemed to have a deflating effect on Poak and we seemed to stop playing for lengths of time. Within no time the score became 5-1. Poak started pressing mid way through the 2nd half and were able to make it 5-3 only to see Oly's score a very late goal from a bad deflection to finish 6-3. Peter Bakas was well deserving of his MVP award, as he made life difficult for our back line all game. He scored 3 or 4 of Oly's goals - I lost track... :mad:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Olympiakos on the Double....not an easy feat.

Did Sparta have their full lineup?

SOULHALO

May 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
Poak played at half pace to beat Solon.

Give me a break. What game were you watching.
Which team was staggering & desperately kicking the ball out in any direction in the last 15 mins?
Granted you got past Solon but you had nothing left for Olympiakos.

Congratulations to Olympiakos. No easy feat to win the double.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a great day of soccer. Well, the two-thirds of it that I saw, anyway. I'll have to come out more often next year to take more shots (or weasel my way on as an 'import').

I'll post pictures today, but here's a preview for now.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a great day yesterday. I am so proud of my teammates. Inspector Blake, if you think it was a stroll in our game, I should probably tell you what I really thought. I am playing at 50% because of my back so I couldn't contribute like I would have liked. No matter, the rest of the team was more than capable of picking up the slack and ultimately, we were the better team. Our guys showed what they are made of. I say that with pure confidence and if you read most of my posts on TTP over the years, I rarely go out on a limb and spout off like this. The result was 3-2 for you guys. I'm not going to go into the we had this chance, you had that chance crap, but seriously, get your head out of your ass and show a little respect.

You've been around for quite a while and played at a high level. I am shocked that you would come on here and call it a stroll. The thing that gets me going is a rather selfish motive, but I really believe that if I was 100%, and Thomas Liaskas was 100%, we would have blown you off the fricken park. You might have strolled, but lucky for you, your teammates saved your ass. At least my strolling was because I had no choice. We were missing our two youngest players, but hey, we have a team of great character that had other guys step up to the plate.

Anyway, great stuff FC SOLON and I think for those who aren't afraid of reality, they will state that we deserve a lot more respect than some on here willing to give. Not necessarily looking for it, but certainly don't appreciate the condescending tone.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby/Ouzo Hooligan, it was a whind-up at The Rock. No disrespect at all!! I didn't get there til the last 10 minutes of the first half. And what I was told by nearly everyone there was that we were getting hammered, but were lucky to be at 0-0. I got there just in time to see you guys score from the spot. Then with a minute left we were able to score from a quickly taken free kick ;) which Alex potted nicely. I never meant any disrespect to your team as a few are ex-teammates. I was simply trying to get The C0ck to lose it, or tell me what was cooking :rolleyes: It very easily could've been a Solon vs Sparta final. I'm just glad that Ouzo, (who well deserve the biggest mouths in the greek league award) were eliminated EARLY :D

Inspectornowtryingtowhindupouzosinceballbabyblewmycover :cool:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK -- photos all done.

I missed the first half of the 10 o'clock game, so there's more shots of the PAOK stroll than the twenty-something PK's in game one.

Here.

The Rock

Jun 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rock says
Finally the Greek league has come to end no more for year 2005
We saw it all we felt it all and in the end the reds from olympiakos
tasted it all

Now the rock says this
There is a member or two which are not that cool :cool: :cool:
and want the Rock to react at there candy apple rosey asses.
The Rock says NO and No and dam No
No to wasting the Rocks and PEOPLES time on non champions JABRONIS
you sit back and sulk it up and think for the next dam year why why why cupcakes.Sit back and think as time ticks away.
Next year when everyone assembles and you got everyone gunning for that coveted prize who will come out as champion in 2006
TICK TICK TICK
So the rock says its off to the beach and pountang pie
Maybe a stroll down broadway with the honey and looking fly

TILL NEXT YEAR A VERY GOODBYE

IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK COOKED UP ON THE FORUM>

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After viewing the photos I think the best one could say about that league is that there were some nice uniforms around.

SOULHALO

May 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, thanks for the photos as there are some great shots there.

And to everyone else on here for the discussions, laughs & the friendly competition over the past couple of months.

I just want to shed a bit more light on a subject for those that may be unfamiliar w/ FC Solon & in particular, Ballbaby, as he participates in the forum. He is not one for any type of praise sent his way so I will just whisper this. He & I go back about 16 years having played on various club sides, Nations Cup etc. & he, w/o a doubt, has been one of the inspirational leaders & the engine of each of those sides. I call him 'our' Zagorakis. There are not many people who can hold a candle to him. And Saturday was another testament of his willingness to lead. He wasn't able to run just a couple of days before yet you saw him straining through his pain, willing to make things happen for his side through his relentless work & creativity. He's a pleasure to watch & I'm proud to stand on the same side of the field as this man. And this extends to the rest of the Solon side, who’s ave age is 40, yet never would use it as an excuse. Guys like Tom E, Jimmy B, Chris, Paul, Jag, H, Claudio, Cammer, VV, Tommy K, & numerous others whom week in, week out, are there for you giving nothing less than what they have whether it was with cracked ribs, ruptured discs, or strained groins. I recently mentioned some of their physical ailments to my wife to which she asked, 'are they going to the hospital?' I simply replied: 'No, they're coming to the field'. Dedicated or mad. Depends on your point of view but soccer players are a different breed.
We had an enjoyable time playing together & competing against the younger teams/players this year & I want to thank them again for helping make it fun for us. But if I have one regret it would be that we never had the opportunity to see our full side out during any one game. It would have been quite interesting to see what we could have displayed. But such is life, for us as it is for the other teams. Maybe with a little good fortune we will find ourselves with another chance.
Congratulations to all for a successful year & I hope to see many of you at the awards banquet in September.

T

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, considering that I didn't get to stick around for the final, it appeared that the PAOK/Solon game was the 'Main Event' with the Sparta/Olympiakos match as the warm up. It's been a while since I've seen so many veterans on field (my last attendance at a Miloni game was back in March :) ).

Regardless, FC Solon dominated the first half completely and a portion of the second. But I think where PAOK managed to take advantage of the game was when Solon tired in the last quarter of the match. That's when fitness/age started to play a part. Not so much in terms of keeping up with the ball, but just the ability to stay nimble and sharp. Granted PAOK has (had?) some excellent skill in Arty, Inspector Blake and their (lame!) keeper, I think fatigue is the primary reason PAOK was able to equalize.

On the other hand, PAOK had to be boiling in those uni's they were wearing. All black -- ouch.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
On the other hand, PAOK had to be boiling in those uni's they were wearing. All black -- ouch.

The funny thing is they also have a white set Keeper. I found it odd that they didn't bring the whites to wear for the finals later on that day when it was still hot as hell out there.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
The funny thing is they also have a white set Keeper. I found it odd that they didn't bring the whites to wear for the finals later on that day when it was still hot as hell out there.

Alex forgot them; and yes I felt like I had heat stroke playing out there for 3hours, don't forget we were "fortunate" enough to play in the heat for both games.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SOULHALO,

Thanks for the kind words and now that everyone knows how truly handicapped we are, we will never know if our competition is merely feeling sorry for us when we are getting the better of them.

Incidently, thank you for allowing me to ponder through your pharamacy that you call your soccer bag. I wouldn't have gotten through the game if it weren't for your stash. Man, I thought I had some ailments. You guys should see SOULHALO's assortment of chemical goodies.

"This one is for spasms."

"This one is for inflammation."

"This one is for too much testosterone."

"This one is for erectile dysfunction."

"This one is a blocker for hyper-erectile."

"This one is to fend off Italian women."

"This one is anti-follicular."

"This one is a pain killer but be careful. We must always experience some pain. People expect that of us."

Thanks for establishing the squad and leading the squad. It is very much appreciated. And now, I must find a dark room and suffer. A living Greek tragedy.:rolleyes:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
Ballbaby/Ouzo Hooligan, it was a whind-up at The Rock. No disrespect at all!! I didn't get there til the last 10 minutes of the first half. And what I was told by nearly everyone there was that we were getting hammered, but were lucky to be at 0-0. I got there just in time to see you guys score from the spot. Then with a minute left we were able to score from a quickly taken free kick ;) which Alex potted nicely. I never meant any disrespect to your team as a few are ex-teammates. I was simply trying to get The C0ck to lose it, or tell me what was cooking :rolleyes: It very easily could've been a Solon vs Sparta final. I'm just glad that Ouzo, (who well deserve the biggest mouths in the greek league award) were eliminated EARLY :D

Inspectornowtryingtowhindupouzosinceballbabyblewmycover :cool:

Yeah well I'm sorry. It's just that I have this big chip on my shoulder. Can't help it. Born with it. However, you should learn to make yourself a little clearer and I don't mean your pasty white skin. ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
Yeah well I'm sorry. It's just that I have this big chip on my shoulder.
Is that what put your back out? You should have someone take a look at it other than Dr. Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0