Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Greek Summer Soccer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
First of all Vaselos even if we win I won't go celebrating. Certain people might for me this is another game. Secondly yes I used to play with your team, Ouzo, Panathinaikos and now SOA but whatever. I left you guys and went to Ouzo because they needed a goalie, I left Ouzo because I wanted to play goalie and Panathinaikos had an opening and this year I went to SOA because alot of friends are there and my bro decided to play this year. Thirdly give me a break with the league thing. Ouzo just wants the cup and when I went to Panathinaikos last year they wanted the cup but we got the double :bronco: . I'd like to see what most think but it seems more people seem to get up for the cup. And lastly speaking of teams not in the running what are you getting at? We are in third and are 2 points behind you guys that are in first and there's five games to go. We'll see at the end of the year but I'll go out on a limb and say we'll finish top 4 maybe even 3 and it'll shock most of the people that play or watch because we supposedly suck or they look at SOA the first year compared to now and this team is alot better than the product that was out there 2 years ago.

4 teams 4 years not bad who you gonna play for next year? You should read the last few threads no one is under estimating your team, SOA is much improved and could as you put "Shock some people". Most get caught up in the cup as I have said over and over again because everyone is in contention and it's a one game playoff and it being the last trophy to win makes it all more exciting. In the league there are two may three teams challenging for the league after 5 or more games and thus there is no big play down at the end, however there are big such as this weekends for PAOK and PAO, again the winner of that game has a big edge---and not to leave your game out a win for SOA over OUZO or vice versa makes the following games more exciting. I will stop now in fear I'll repeat myself to many times only using different words. Off to my bloody society meeting ugh!!!

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough 911. If in the past, the better players weren't showing up til the cup. I can't comment on the past as this is my first year in the Greek league. However, with the demise(sp) of the Italian league, this years Greek league seems to have a few more big names playing in it from the start to finish. So league games this year may be more competitive than in the past. I hope there'll be another crowd close to the 1000 you mentioned because I see POAK being one of the teams in the Cup final ;)

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If U ever look at both Trophy's the'll read

League Champions is a gold trophy resembling the Champions League with a blue ribbon (mom put the ribbon on it 2000)

Cup Champions is crystal type bowl on a black mount easy to drink out of no sharp edges

I know because I purchased the damn trophy's in 2000; they'll also say Hellenic soccer Association.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vaselos said:
If U ever look at both Trophy's the'll read

League Champions is a gold trophy resembling the Champions League with a blue ribbon (mom put the ribbon on it 2000)

Cup Champions is crystal type bowl on a black mount easy to drink out of no sharp edges

I know because I purchased the damn trophy's in 2000; they'll also say Hellenic soccer Association.

Vaselos, I don't remember reading the trophies; I only remember drinking out of them.
:eek:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Vaselos this is my sixth year in this league since it restarted thanks to you and your bro. My first year I played on your team and we proceeded to win 0 games and I don't think we got a point but I'll credit you guys with turning your team into one of the top 3 in the league the last few years. I played with Ouzo for 3 years and last year I went to Pao and only left because I've never played on a team with my bro before and because alot of my friends are on that team or else I would of stayed with Panathinaikos. Yes I am a wonderer but whatever it's a summer league.

I'm not arguing with you in that the league is a better accomplishment but I'm just stating what I notice and that is most teams want the cup for some reason. I guess it's a North American/Hockey mentality. Myself I'd rather win the league but whatever it's not worth arguing.

Also good luck Inspector but PAOK usually shites the bed at some point except for 2 or maybe it was 3 years ago when they somehow won the cup.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector...I think this year's calibre is the best ever. PAO, PAOK, and OUZO definitely have the biggest names. I'm guessing a Lobbans/Ouzo final.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, lots to talk about...so I'll throw in my two cents.

The Cup is where its at. Period.

Winning the league is nice...but, it is not what we are after.

Actually, beating SOA is a close second to the cup.....and the case of Heinies associated with the win!!! :wa: :wa:

We should have our full line-up this weekend.
It will be fun either way....

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Actually Vaselos this is my sixth year in this league since it restarted thanks to you and your bro. My first year I played on your team and we proceeded to win 0 games and I don't think we got a point but I'll credit you guys with turning your team into one of the top 3 in the league the last few years. .

I did not play for PAOK that year I played with OFI, I should have played for PAOK but my mother is from Hralkion and I was nostalgic or something. I would love to take credit for PAOK but that is Alex A's work you should give him the props, I just play on his team it's his team and he does a great job running it. We do have a tendancy to choke a bit, well time will tell what happens this season but we do have more guys that can score than in years before.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Cup is where its at. Period.
The Cup is more exciting agreed-the one who wins the league is Champ though.

Winning the league is nice...but, it is not what we are after.

This is Preference cause u could lose all your league games and win 4 straight and win the cup so a 4-7 team is better than a hmmm a 6-1-1 team?

Actually, beating SOA is a close second to the cup.....and the case of Heinies associated with the win!!! :wa: :wa:
Funny you have game

We should have our full line-up this weekend.
Exciting to see it's nice to have talent
It will be fun either way....

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vaselos said:
This is Preference cause u could lose all your league games and win 4 straight and win the cup so a 4-7 team is better than a hmmm a 6-1-1 team?

You make it sound like it is easy to win 4 straight games.

I am not saying the league :rolleyes: cup isnt important.
It is tough to finish on top after a gruelling schedule :rolleyes:
...but, seriously.
You are playing Devil's advocate right?

Very few fans out to watch the regular games...but, everyone sticks around for the playoff games.

TA,
welcome to the thread.

now, we need theCommish and superman aboard.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any team can get and go on a streak.....The league is tough because you drop more than 5pts you can kiss the league crown good bye.

The cup is more exciting, because each game means u go home or play another day.

Let me ask you this, as the season goes and let's say that OUZO and PAOK are tied in points, goals, etc... until our teams meet which is the last game of the season you're telling me if people around know the winner wins the Championship that game is not the big one; and per say in the cup final you have Evia play Panionios which game is the bigger game?

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vaselos said:
Let me ask you this, as the season goes and let's say that OUZO and PAOK are tied in points, goals, etc... until our teams meet which is the last game of the season you're telling me if people around know the winner wins the Championship that game is not the big one; and per say in the cup final you have Evia play Panionios which game is the bigger game?

That's easy to answer and you couldn't pick a worse example. At least pick a better final pairing!!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vaselos said:
Any team can get and go on a streak.....The league is tough because you drop more than 5pts you can kiss the league crown good bye.

The cup is more exciting, because each game means u go home or play another day.

Quite honestly, the cup final, not the league final.
Is it even a league when you play only 8 games?

The "League" is really only a round robin to seed the teams for the playoffs.

Discuss. Copyright Regs 2004

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again Zaurrini brings up a good point.

In terms of the cup, myself I've been saying all along there should be a draw for the cup like they do in Europe, since Vaselos likes that term. Why do we use the North American seeding system for pairings. If the top 2 get drawn first round of cup so be it.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I never did ask...

What were the result from week 3?

What do the standings look like now?

:confused:

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't care Anymore....we as a team just want to win one, preferabley the league.

PAOK 7
OSFP 6
PAO 5
SOA 5
EVIA 4
OUZO 3
SPARTA 2
PANIONIOS 0
FC SALON 0

Olympiakos 3 FC Salon 1

PAO 2 Evia 2

SOA 3 Panionios 2