Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Greek Summer Soccer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
Oh wow, Sounds like quite an exciting league. Please keep us posted on everything that happens, as I would hate to miss out on anything.

Hey why don't you go fcuk yourself; Your sarcasim is not appreciated

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vaselos said:
Hey why don't you go fcuk yourself; Your sarcasim is not appreciated

Hey sheep, I concur with Vaselos. If you don't like it, don't venture in here you monkey. :mad:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sheep if I were you I would be carefull with who you piss off!
Oh wow, Sounds like quite an exciting league. Please keep us posted on everything that happens, as I would hate to miss out on anything.
Remember it is Greek easter weekend and you are the Sheep,so hopefully you don't get caught and put on a spit!!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Hey Sheep if I were you I would be carefull with who you piss off! Remember it is Greek easter weekend and you are the Sheep,so hopefully you don't get caught and put on a spit!!

Especially when he's got a broken foot it makes it that much easier for us to catch him.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Hey Sheep if I were you I would be carefull with who you piss off! Remember it is Greek easter weekend and you are the Sheep,so hopefully you don't get caught and put on a spit!!

If a Greek caught a sheep, the last thing he would be thinking about is putting it on a spit.

Baaaaa Baaaaa

Greeks love Sheep.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the Easter the break the league comes back into action with a couple of big games this Sunday, the first game pits FC Salon vs Sparta, both teams are still winless, this should be Sparta's first win of the Season the next match is the East Side derby SOA vs Ouzo this should be a heated battle as SOA has a lot to prove in this one; could we be headed for a draw? OSFP takes on Panionios, OSFP should win this one. In our Main Event we have PAO vs PAOK with both teams coming off of disappointing draws don't look for one here as the winner here may take the league title; this should be a good game with a lot of chances to be had at both ends as both teams will be pushing for the win. Unfortnunatley injuries to key players plague both teams; your call on this one.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vaselos,
Not sure who you are, but I love your heart.

I like Salon to get the win with BallBaby back playing....

Ouzo vs SOA...
no contest.
We win , probably 7-3.
I have a case of Heinie's on the line here...so, If Ouzo loses, ask TermOfFlatuants for a free brew.

OSFP to win...agree.

and I like PAOK to win...always a solid team.

We need the sun out for Sundays games...

Have they finally changed the fields to Prince of Wales??

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Zaurrini, I believe we are back at PW--and I must say we are very fortunate to play on that field as I play in two other summer leagues and the fields are brutal. I would go with Ouzo in that game as well but you know SOA is going to give you everything they got especially if you guys don't pot a few early, it's their World Cup.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who says it's our World Cup? Would we like to win and continue our unbeaten run...yes. Will we win...possibly. Do I want this win for beer and to beat my former team...HELL YEAH. If we win then we win and same if we lose. Everybody in this league would rather win the cup than league so it's no big deal until then. We'll see what happens but I'm expecting a closer game than what Fil is predicting. The only time I've let in that many goals was when I played for his team :eek: . And as he's stated earlier they have no defense. Bring it on :wa:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
The only time I've let in that many goals was when I played for his team :eek: .

Are you saying that you ARE playing in goal on Sunday?

If so, I'll change my predicition to 9-4 Ouzo win.....heck, if we get to nine, we will push for double digits.

10-4 Ouzo :wa: :knvb: :bronco:

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Who says it's our World Cup?. Do I want this win for beer and to beat my former team...HELL YEAH. If we win then we win and same if we lose. Everybody in this league would rather win the cup than league so it's no big deal until then. :wa:

If SOA wins there will be a parade all the way down Broadway.undefined

Former team
seems like u have several former teams, having trouble sticking to one?

"
Everybody in this league would rather win the cup than league so it's no big deal until then"

U speak for everyone? There is more prestige in winning the league than the cup, the cup is fun granted and a one game playoff is exciting for everyone involved, but it comes second to winning the league as the cup is a second chance for teams that came close in the league. Seems like teams not in the running for the league like the cup more; just a theory.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Vaselos, but nobody ever remembers the President's Cup winner. It's the Stanley Cup everyone wants. The playoffs is what matters the most...in every sport, in every league.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's the Stanley Cup everyone wants.

Apples and Pears! First of all, how does hockey have anything to do with soccer, especially when making comparisons? If you want to make a more accurate comparison, try this! Who will be remembered more-Chelsea for winning the league title or Man. U/Arsenal for winning the FA Cup?

I fully agree with Vaselos, (and not cause we're on the same team) that teams who downplay the prospect of winning the league are usually(I'm guessing) the teams near the bottom :rolleyes:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
Who will be remembered more-Chelsea for winning the league title or Man. U/Arsenal for winning the FA Cup?

Inspector, I knew you would say that. Everyone knows that the English have everything backwards. They even drive on the wrong side of the road! :p

PS There have got to be a couple Alexes, Nicks, Lakis, and Jimmys on your team. Be sure to ask them this Sunday what they would rather win. Then report back to me.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Sorry Vaselos, but nobody ever remembers the President's Cup winner. It's the Stanley Cup everyone wants. The playoffs is what matters the most...in every sport, in every league.

The Cup in Greek Summer Soccer is not the playoffs it's just the last possible trophy to win and it's exciting cause it's a knockout Tourney.

Also like the Inspector noted that who will remember who won the FA cup this year or better yet who won the Greek Cup last year???? I dunno but we all know Panathinaikos won the League and was given a "CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BIRTH" Let's not forget that not so long ago Uefa had 3 Cups. The Champions League (for league winners) the Cup Winners Cup (For the Cup winner) and the Uefa for runners up in the league.

So 9-1-1 you are misquoting for soccer as it is played around the Globe, League Winner rules. Not that I wouldn't parade around the field if we won the Cup.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all Vaselos even if we win I won't go celebrating. Certain people might for me this is another game. Secondly yes I used to play with your team, Ouzo, Panathinaikos and now SOA but whatever. I left you guys and went to Ouzo because they needed a goalie, I left Ouzo because I wanted to play goalie and Panathinaikos had an opening and this year I went to SOA because alot of friends are there and my bro decided to play this year. Thirdly give me a break with the league thing. Ouzo just wants the cup and when I went to Panathinaikos last year they wanted the cup but we got the double :bronco: . I'd like to see what most think but it seems more people seem to get up for the cup. And lastly speaking of teams not in the running what are you getting at? We are in third and are 2 points behind you guys that are in first and there's five games to go. We'll see at the end of the year but I'll go out on a limb and say we'll finish top 4 maybe even 3 and it'll shock most of the people that play or watch because we supposedly suck or they look at SOA the first year compared to now and this team is alot better than the product that was out there 2 years ago.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
True, we shouldn't be comparing the Greek League to the Stanley Cup, but maybe we shouldn't be comparing it to the English Premiership either!

From my experiences with the Greek League, teams always are hurting for players throughout the season, meaning their best players were playing in Italian League, had a BBQ, had to paint the stairs, etc., and didn't go out of their way to attend games.

I call this Greek League profile the "Johnny Pesh." Ten years ago, it was the "Paul G."

These top players, however, always show up for the Cup games. That's why I think the Cup is a better measure of who has the best team.

The regular season is competitive, but for the most part everyone is having fun and not trying to kill themselves. The intensity definitely picks up in the "do or die" Cup games.

Also, I remember the first Greek Cup championship at UBC about 10 years ago and there were close to 1000 people there! The Cup games have always garnered the most interest.

~Dial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0