Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2005 Imperial Cup Semi Finals

Which two teams will advance to the Imperial Cup final

• Total voters

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Imperial Cup Semi Finals

I just voted croats/clanbus but then realized that a couple of their players will be missing soon due to a u20 tour of some sort?

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just found out that we are playing at 5pm on some turf field in Coquitlam. What an absolute fcuking Mickey Mouse operation the VMSL is. You would think they would consult with the city before they scheduled 2 cup semi finals at a park with no goal posts. Word also has it that many provincial cup games will also be played on turf!!! Again a fcuking joke!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are the 2 games scheduled for the same day at the same field?

Where were they originally scheduled?

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Games moved from Kensington in Vancouver to Charles Best. Both on same day still. Inter @ 3 pm, Croats at 5pm

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are you sure the games were moved because the posts are down at Kensington? There are still 2 Saturday games there. It's doubtful the Parks Board would be taking the posts down on Saturday afternoon at 4pm.

Either way, it's too bad. Having them side-by-side at Kensington would have been great.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

From what i know they started taking down posts yesterday. As for the schedule change i don't think the post were teh matter rather than the possibility of rain. The weather we have been gettin i think the parks board will be shutting down all the fields. Taht's why i think the league moved it to a turf field. Then again i might be wrong. :confused:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Six of One said:
It's doubtful the Parks Board would be taking the posts down on Saturday afternoon at 4pm.

If the Vancouver City boys are getting some OT, then I think the move to Turf is a great move by the league ;) .

At least it is still a double header, but 5 pm on a Sunday, do people not have Roast Beef on sundays anymore?

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Isn't it the league that works with the parks boards in each community and gets field allotments?

Shouldn't there be a schedule of when posts go up and come down given each summer during the field allotment negotiation process?

Where is the communication break-down?

Seriously, how much simpler could it be to plan ahead and know these things?

:rolleyes:

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Heard 4-2 Inter

Inter was leading 2-0 with a couple minutes left in the game....

Clan-Bus scored two quick one to tie it...

Inter scored two in OT.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter 4 - Clan Bus 2

Great game at Charles Best. Inter and Clan Bus were scoreless in the first half with both team having chances. The second half is very entertaining. Inter scored two goals with Corrazza scoring both goals. Everything was going well for Inter until Vince P. came in foolishly and took a red card. Clan Bus rallied around that and Carmen D. scored a cracker from 25 yards out with about 5 minutes to go. The ensuing kickoff, Inter had no idea what they were doing and the last strike of the game in the 94th minute for Clan Bus put this game into overtime. The Clan Bus sideline acted like they won the worldcup and went mental. Inter was absolutely shocked and while having a lengthy talk prior to overtime decided that they needed to calm down and move forward.

1st OT was scoreless and in the 2 OT Inter took it to Clan Bus. Jomo scored a great team goal with 10 minutes left with Crouch setting him up. I am not sure about the celebration after the goal but Inter continued to press and were rewarded when Brian V. scorded a nice goal on a Jomo setup.

Final score, Inter 4 Clan Bus 2. I must say that Inter showed great character to come back after blowing a 2-0 lead.

2nd game with Johnny 4 - Sap 0

Next up is Thursday against Croatia with a chance for Inter to go to the league finals. Should be a great game

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So a Croatia win or tie on Thursday and it is Weakside vs. Slurrey in the League Cup, then a Croatia vs. Inter match-up in the Imperial Cup, both on the same day, perhaps next sunday in a Cup Final Double. But I hear that Johnny is leaving the Croatia side in the next week or so, what will happen when he is gone, if it really was Johnny 4 - Sap 1 today.

hos

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The score was 4-1 in favour of Croatia but Sapp was also without the Fav brothers who were in Mexico arriving in town just as the final whistle went.I think the game would have been closer with them in the lineup for Sapp but who knows!!As for everyone saying that Johnny scored all 4 remember it's still a team game.Heard that Johnny S is leaving for Germany,but Croatia's not worried it just means there other Johnny will have to score some goals :D

Sep 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

So a Croatia win or tie on Thursday and it is Weakside vs. Slurrey in the League Cup,

So if Croatia wins, why would it be a Weakside vs. Eastern Ming, when
Weakside and Sapp are tied in points?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Eastern Ming???

If Johnny wins then Sapp and Westside will have to play off, but if Johnny can only manage a tie then chances are there won't be enough time for a three way play off and Westside will win the tie breaker on goals for vs against.

Sep 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb said:
Eastern Ming???

If Johnny wins then Sapp and Westside will have to play off, but if Johnny can only manage a tie then chances are there won't be enough time for a three way play off and Westside will win the tie breaker on goals for vs against.

Thats what I thought, Thanks :)

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

and for the record:

If Inter wins, Inter will be in the league final and the imperial final which would force the league to schedule an extra game somewhere.

Side note: Following regular time in the Inter Clan Bus affair, it should be noted that the Inter keeper was a victim of a verbal lashing by the hands/mouth (ex. actual footage from match :wa: )from a passionate fan/parent, who shall remain nameless :D , on his way to the Inter bench! Following the match, the aforementioned parent was much less animated in his demeanor :( . You know who you are!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0