Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2005 Imperial Cup Semi Finals

Which two teams will advance to the Imperial Cup final

• Total voters

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Imperial Cup Semi Finals

Croatia 4 - Sap 1

Not the best of days for Sap to say the very least. It wasn't a 4-1 game in play. Although we would have been hard pressed to score a victory at 2-0 we applied good pressure and some great chances to get back into the game. We couldn't score and the Croatia quick counter exposed the 3 in the back. Although Sulentic scored all 4, give credit to every Croatia player for picking him out with pin-point passes. On his last 3 goals, Johnny was just poaching up front and they were all 1-touch goals in front of the net. Time to lick some wounds.

It's been tough without the 2 Favs (vac), Trevor Todd (knee), and Ted Ullrich (ankle), arguably our 4 best and most offensive players, but at least we get 3 of them back for a provincial run. I think Sap will show better against Inter.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WAB,

You have a team in contention for the treble.........which means April is the most important month for the Sapp boys.............and the Favs go to Mexico? Me no get it.

Good luck the rest of the way,
Sandman

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter/Clanbus

Anklebreaker, I saw this game a little differently. I didn't think Inter played up to their standards. Clanbus had all the scoring chances in the first; point blank, glorious opportunities that they just flat out missed. Inter was lucky not to be down by 4 goals at half. I think Clanbus deserved a better fate, but with 10 men they were rewarded for their territorial advantage with 2 late goals. In the OT Clanbus had a great chance to go ahead early, but basically ran out of steam.
Great game to watch....better than ours.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sandman said:
WAB,

You have a team in contention for the treble.........which means April is the most important month for the Sapp boys.............and the Favs go to Mexico? Me no get it.

Good luck the rest of the way,
Sandman
Well, a family wedding planned last Sept. They asked me in Sept what the chances were Sap playing games those 2 weeks. As long as they went a couple weeks before the provincials, no problem. But now the question is, can we regain the momentum we had before they left. I hope we get a league tie-breaker in before the prov.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WAB, I think you guys have a very solid team of vets that when they work hard can beat any team in the league, but why are you so short on the bench that when missing a few guys you lose to Croatia by 3. I would think that with the solid guys you have at the back, you should still be able to compete with even with a few injuries or are you guys missing Shane M. that much now?

I just think that teams should be able to carry on, even missing a few players, at least you are not Khalsa showing up with 10 on the day.

What will happen to Croatia, when one guy that scorers all thier goals leaves, is that going to be their excuse too.

hos
hos

Spacamuro

Sep 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Usually Sapperton players do see things a bit differently. After watching the Clan Bus Inter game I have to agree that Clan Bus had some scoring opportunities but so did Inter. At the end of the day Inter still found a way to score 4 goals against the second place team on Side B. You can't call that luck. Inter might not have had their greatest game of the season but they did enough to get the win and move on to the Imperial Final.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

HOS,
I thought we competed well and territorial play was pretty much even, so that is not the issue. They took apart our defense, which was disappointing. I expected better, but we were always flat footed, and they're just plain fast! But if any team takes out 4 of their best players....well, take any team in the league and start deleting their few main guys, and any team is hard pressed to beat the better teams.
It's not an excuse, it is reality, the past 2 weeks we've had to press players forward earlier in games than usual to get an equalizer, which exposed the back line for an entire half. The better teams, and players, have taken advantage.

As for Mums, he has lead his team to 2nd in the Valley. We miss him HUGE!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter vs Croatia

With both out of the Provincials what 2 teams will show up? After watching Croatia play on Sunday and knowing how Inter plays, this could be a cracker of a game.
Although a Provincial title is not in the cards, both can still lay claim to a prestigious Cup. Not to mention Inter looking for the double.

Inter: 4-3 in Regulation

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Word has it 3pm at Kinsmen on Sunday. 99% of the team will be at a wedding the night before, should be interesting!! :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

99%?

How many players do you sign to get that number? Logically, the highest it really could be is either 100% or about 95% :D

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bronco said:
Word has it 3pm at Kinsmen on Sunday. 99% of the team will be at a wedding the night before, should be interesting!! :rolleyes:

I heard you guys were a tight bunch wearing the baby blues and all, but who would invite 99% of the team to the wedding...need I say he'll be looking for a new team next year :D

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I post 200 fcuking times this year, and this is what people pick on!?!?! :D :rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think in an attempt to return to TTP Dazza has supernaturally channelled himself into Bronco's head. The evidence is compelling. Croatia had 65% of the play against Surrey? 99% of the team will be at a wedding? Next thing you know Bronco will lose his hair, wear orange shirts and talk about how he gardened for 82.34% of his weekend and that Spurs have at least an 11.5368332% chance of winning the EPL sometime in the next century. I'm 78% positive my theory here is correct.

Croatia 3 - 2 Inter

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

This is the funniest shti I have read all year. I am pissing myself.

Cheers,

Smiles :wa: :wa: :wa:

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It really is too bad that the Imperial Cup Final could not have been played before the provincials started..........it seems to take a bit of the lustre off. I guess the Richmond United player's sister's wedding is to blame........they screwed up the whole schedule :D

It may be difficult to rebound psychologically after a quick provincial exit........especially since Croatia and Inter were two of the top teams in the VMSL this year. I'll echo a previous post, the Imperial Cup trophy is a worthy competition to battle for......Good luck to both teams.

Sandman

PS: My guess is Adel didn't get invited to the Croatian Wedding....he wears the same thing to weddings as he does in goal.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sandman said:
It really is too bad that the Imperial Cup Final could not have been played before the provincials started..........it seems to take a bit of the lustre off.

This isn't the first time that it has happened, back in 97, Peg won the B.C.'s and then had to play in the Imperial Cup final a week later, well the guys were done by then and we didn't have a very good performance vs. Croatia who won a few Imperial Cups in the late 90's.

The Provincials being played could help add a few more fans out at Kinsmen on Sunday however, I hear that Peg O-35's could be battling with the Mighty Rangers O-35's in the second round of Provincials on Sunday out at Kinsmen also, would be a great Double with lots of boys out to watch both games.

hos

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Originally posted by HOS
would be a great Double with lots of boys out to watch both games.
I agree, too bad you and Zaurrini will be watching mighty PAU out in sunny White Rock!!! ;)

Croatia 3 Inter 1

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0