Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Kamloops Tourney August Long

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Kamloops Tourney August Long

Second place but...I wouldn't trade the look on your faces when I curled that shot in injury time to take a win during the reg. play for anything... :)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I have a dim memory of that...something about us letting your team back into the game at the last minute... :rolleyes: Didn't realize that that was your backfat blooping that scud past SCP.

It just added to the drama of clinching the league in the last game. :p

Back on topic....still need a goalkeeper for Kamloops. Must come with functional hands and reasonable beer-drinking capability. Please, no more rubber room candidates. :D

beerZ,

stew :cool:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hate to do this one-note thing just to keep people's short attention spans pointed this way, but here goes again:

"Goalkeeper needed for Kamloops tournament; Wrecked A division. Must have functional hands and beer-drinking capacity. Contact/PM stew for details."

stew :cool:

Rosco

Nov 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

hey guys,

my team is going up to kamloops this weekend. anyone know where and when you get the tickets for the dance? do you do it when you check your team in?

thanks

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Roscoe:

You have the option of getting your dance tickets when you go to pick up your team package. Don't have to (especially if your team can't front that much cash all at once:rolleyes: ), but recommended in past years if you actually want to get in.

stew:cool:

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rosco said:
have fun everyone! :)
is there a way you can't:

booze, soccer, more booze, the dance, still more booze, the beer garden, gambling, bad-kit sunday, waiting in line for the beer garden to open sunday morning

i predict good times

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

stew said:
Army:

"The R Team?":confused:

Spurs (aka Pylons) in Pool B. The team without a keeper. See you guys at Rotas again?

beerZ,

Should be The B Team! It will make sense when uni's are seen. :D

I'll be at Rota's at least once. Also, on the weekends Rota's apparently gets packed according to our pre-Kamloops scout who has made 2 trips there since the spring.

Rob Piva has a goalie if you want him.

Can't be any worse than a rubber room candidate.

I love it when a plan comes together,

Army

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

joely_the_goalie said:
Army,

where can i get the info for groups or schedules?

When he e-mails them to your team organizer!!! :D

I received mine last night and then he e-mailed them to me again today. Twice.

What's the theme for Bad-kit sunday this year?

And are the linesmen/referees coming out again or not?? :D

I only recieved my groups info etc. Not Open division.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

i've got a conference call tonight regarding bad-kit sunday, and as of right now there is no plan to bring our own linesmen to the games, as we haven't heard from one of them since last summer, but who knows what's going to happen, weird things happen in the loops, such as a men's soccer team, made up of premier and ex-premier players, coming last in the rec division 2 years in a row, wearing short shorts and women's panties in the beer garden, and enjoying pink and purple coolers in the 'beer' garden...crazy weekend

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

joely_the_goalie said:
... but who knows what's going to happen, weird things happen in the loops, such as a men's soccer team, made up of premier and ex-premier players, coming last in the rec division 2 years in a row, wearing short shorts and women's panties in the beer garden, and enjoying pink and purple coolers in the 'beer' garden...crazy weekend

Oh my...what have I been missing?? This sounds like it is going to be a riot - woo hoo! :D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Army:

I've asked Rob to send me the keeper's info. Hopefully we're not getting a rubber room candidate; like you guys, we have enough of those already....:rolleyes:

Not sure what's up with the multiple mailouts; it doesn't look like there have been any schedule changes.

Re bad kit, I can lay claim to the world's ugliest Hawaiian shirt (which might make another appearance) and some other apparel which Mrs. stew has placed restraining orders on. Unfortunately, she burnt my strobing fluorescent pink shorts....

Munchkin:

Don't worry, you'll have lots of offers of protection up there....:D

bee-ir,

Rosco

Nov 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

hey do you guys ever pick up extra players at the tournament? this my team's first year going up so i have no idea what goes on (on the field anyways ;) ) we need a couple more girls, do people ever just show up looking for a team?

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would say it happens often, but some people do show up to party and end up suiting up.

Blaze,
From the info i got, we'll be seeing bright and early sat morning, should be a good one.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rosco said:
hey do you guys ever pick up extra players at the tournament? this my team's first year going up so i have no idea what goes on (on the field anyways ;) ) we need a couple more girls, do people ever just show up looking for a team?

I would think there won't be poeple hanging around to play normally but with the cutdown of teams this year could be an exception to the rule.

Our first year up there we picked up 3 players, as i have now learned unless money is in hand don't expect people to show up. They were OK and one of our guys had actually gone/or was going to university with one of them but it was a serious pain in the ass. We had 12 come up and they were the subs. By sunday we had picked up 2 coaches from a girl's team we knew and were still in trouble as people had the shakes so bad, boots were unable to be done up. We started with 8 and got to 11 about 15 minutes in. The problem is if you don't have enough going in it will never solve itself.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Army:

Too funny. The first year I played in this tournament, we came up with 10 healthy bodies and 2 gimped ones. All went reasonably well until Sunday afternoon when the temperature hit 42 and they started dropping like flies. Getting in a brawl with the host team didn't help much, either.:rolleyes:

The next time I went up (several years later), we only had 3 guys from here. Had my brother gather a bunch of his friends from the Loops, and we actually got to the semis.:D It really depends on who you pick up there - some stick very well, and others are incredibly flakey. We've been lucky so far; one of the pickup players we got has now been playing for us for 5 years, and normally has some friends come with him.

It would be most truthful to say that we don't really have a "team" here, but a composite from about half a dozen different ones that just gets together for this tournament.

Rosco:

Basically you just have to pick and choose. If you do get stuck, ask Rob Piva if he has any extra players looking for teams to play for. Best is to see how enthusiastic they are when you mention you're heading for the beer garden....:D

beerZ,

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rosco said:
Rosco,

Which team are you going up with. Mine are dropping like flies and we haven't even left Vancouver yet. If we play each other, we could go 8 v 8. Munchkin is going to have to run her little butt off all weekend.

As to needing a couple more girls, where have I heard that before :rolleyes:.

Stew,

I may have a goalie for you but it may cost you. Oh and I know Munchkin can take care of herself.

CHAB

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0