Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Masters Cup - Round 1 Results & Quarters Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First round is here... today sees 2 games I think - FireRangers v Wickham | UVIC v Nanaimo

Cheers,

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
On the Excellent site, same page as the open, just scroll down to the bottom (cup play > provincial cup)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in off of the ticker....

Out in Surrey today it was:

SFC Rangers 4, Wickham 0.

Staff state that this was a hard fought game with Surrey scoring on two PKs (sounds a bit familiar right Besty :rolleyes: )...but at their home park...and a few cards were shown. Surrey finished their chances, and were resolute in central defence. Wickham's lack of depth, especially in the back, was exposed, according to SM'sEPR Surrey correspondents/scouts Rob Brown and NTG...also their crazy ex-Norvan goaltender reportedly made a number of Excellent saves.

Well done Coach and SFC.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your right Sir M there was two P K 's, but what else could you call on two breakaways! (both that Andy M was taken down on)

Wickham does battle and i can see how they give teams a handful on their best days.

Today was not one of those days and yes we are playing very well again.

Andy Myer with two and Wilkie with two himself.

Wickham pushed a bit in the second half but to be perfectly honest, the possession in the first half was 85% to 15%.

Thier goalie made three awesome saves and got a little help from the post and crossbar in the first half.

Nice to see the boys settling down and starting the tourney off with a nice little win today.

A very classy bunch of boys to have a beer with after and for the most part they were very good sports.

A very nice day out at Old Newton Park! Andy Myer was the Man Of The Match by a mile. Honestly, unstopable at times.

Next !!!!

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reg.s, 90 minutes, no goals, very tender................... going for some "filet mignon".......................OUCH!..........Who's going to score for you guy's?

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, unstoppable would be a good word for Mr. Meyer. Haven't played against a guy having such a good day in a long time -- reminded me of a long afternoon against Peter Ward 30 years ago. They didn't seem to have anyone else that really could cause a lot of problems; just a good solid club (and big!) Take him away, and our depth in the back wouldn't have been so obvious.

Steve B didn't make it throught the warm-up, so one centre-back down. The Kaiser, after complaining about the drive from Delta in all year, somehow gets lost on his way to the park and never shows? Colemanj meanwhile has been sitting on the John since 12:30 am and is now down into the 140 lb weightclass, manager knows that is not an option. Enter Mark B with 15 minutes against Columbus under his belt after a three year injury layoff. Welcome to the jungle.

All I can say is that we had a few great chances, would have been nice if that first one had gone in. Might have provided a shot of adrenaline into our squad. I know that I needed something -- an intravenous drip maybe. (Big mistake having a beer after the game, but that is another story better not told...)

All in all, a good end to our first year as a team. Looking forward to adding a few new bodies next year and competing a little better with the big boys.

Good luck to the FireRangers the rest of the way, it was a real treat getting to play them and Columbus to finish out the year.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2 Gordon Head 0

Scored two midway in the first to seal the deal. They really had a tough time keeping pace and it looked like we might run away with it. They worked hard in the second but didn't muster any real chances. The referee should have given us to spotters but simply continued the play?? We'll see who's next WFC or Coveside. Looking forward to see how you did Peter.

SCK

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 3-2 Coveside

We were up 3-0 and looking good until we started to look not so good and let them back in it. A win is a win is a win, on to Inter.

Firemen beat No-dick—moniker from a Nordic guy on the sidelines. Peg up 3-0 over Delta when I left.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 4
Delta 2

Tough result for Delta as I'm sure the WV crew will agree we put in a good effort today. 10 mins of madness towards the end of the 1st half did us in.

We also hit the woodwork 3 times, including a header by Dolie with minutes to go.

Fair play to WV for taking their chances.

For me today just showed how good the FVSL Masters is. We were missing 5 starters, and after just squeaking into the BCs, we did very well.

Good luck to WV moving forward.

Daz

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's with the no penalty call??? Pete...you must've seen that and even agree.
SU...how badly did you beat Norvan..or..did the unthinkable happen?

Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 6
Norvan 0

3 nil at the half and then 3 in the second. Norvan worked hard but we manage to put away enough of our chances to pull out the win.

Scorcher today, a bit cooler against Firemen would be nice.

Cheers,

~Regs.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

Congrats on squeaking out a victory today. Let's hope our tilt won't be at Adanac. The field is easily ten yards too short and very narrow. A joke! Should be a good match.

SCK

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Fire Rangers v. Wickham FC
Surrey 3 - Wickham FC 0
Home field and defending Western Champs too much for the former Sailor Hagars squad.

U Vic Alumni v. Nanaimo
U Vic alumni 3 - Nanaimo 0
Victoria is a way better place to have a few pints ...... Stickey Wicket Pub ....... so I am going with the South Island squad.

Surrey Utd. v. Norvan
Surrey Utd. 5 v. Norvan 0
Regs will do 'the move' 3x in the match, 'Wow' the Norvan faithful, but not score .

Nordic FC v. Firemen
Nordic FC 1 v. Firemen 2
Firemen will be too physical for the North Van boys.

West Van FC v. Delta Metro
West Van FC 2 v. Delta Metro 0
Don't like picking my own match, but feel that with Dazza on the other squad, we will rise to the occasion and Dickens_Cider will score his first of the year (Dickens .. that is called a challenge )

Columbus v. Vic Athletics
Columbus 3 v. Vic Athletics 1
Sal & Benji too much pace for the slower and older Vic Athletics (no basis for saying they are slower and older, it just sounds good at this point in my picks).

Coveside FC v. Westside FC
Coveside FC 1 v. Westside FC 2.
Sorry C'Side ...... having played against Catliff this year, he is so strong in the air and can't think of anybody on your squad that can match that threat. I do predict you will drink 3 bottles of Merlot on Sunday.

Inter v. Gordon Head
Inter 3. v. Gordon Head 1
Inter was quick and fit when we lost to them a couple weeks back, plus Zambrano in net is always good for a couple spectacular saves per match.

Surrey Rangers 4 - Wickham 0
UVIC 2 - Nanaimo 0
Surrey Utd. 6 - Norvan 0
Nordic 0 - Firemen 2
WVFC 4 - Delta 2
Columbus 5 - Victoria 0
Coveside 2 - Westside 3
Inter 2 - Gordon Head 0

No scorelines right, but went 8 for 8. If only Peter had a record like this during the regular season.:D :D

32 goals in 8 matches for an average of 4 per. Masters soccer is always about entertaining the fans, and with that many goals, the crowds will be busting the turnstiles in the next round.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I will be saving my next round predictions for later in the week when the fields are announced and any injuries and/or suspensions are reported.

No injuries to report from the WVFC camp, but even if we did, Sir M would shoot me if I revealed any. Actually, one ailment to report and that is Spadapeep is suffering from an 'upper body injury' ......... I think it is his liver, but he has had that for many years.:D :D

JAGS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "move" was seen once and I did score - keep that in mind for your next batch of predictions :D

No injuries to report from the BRM camp, Muzz still suspended but Kiwi should be back in time from Engerlund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0