Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Mens Cup - Round 2 Results & Semis Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 2 - Croatia 1 in O.T.

Some young player named Serge with the winner.

A pretty even game from both reports.

0 - 0 in the Inter Columbus game at half.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Firemen 0 - Surrey U 0

It is now headed to overtime in what appears to be another rather quiet game.

No details to report.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2 Inter 0

Gaita scores with just a few minutes left. Looks like the Semi's are set.

Gorge, Firemen, Sap and Columbus.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 2 - Croatia 1 (OT)

Croatia home game. The field was lined 62 yards wide by 98 long. The peno boxes were 14 yards until the ref made them correct it. Basically a shite show of a game - kick and run, scrappy, slow it down,kick it out, crappy game that an unfit Croatian team wanted to play.

Croatia in the 20th min on an OG by a Sapp defender from a low, near post cross. Sapp must have had a good talking to from their coach at half. Sapp went to a 3-5-2 to muck it up in an already crowded centre midfield. Trevor Todd with the header equalizer on a bouncing ball in the 55th min.

OT Sapp got lucky as Masi hit the post but a young 19 year old Serb named Srdjan Biljetina had a Michael Owen World Cup 2002 spinnerama type goal from 16 out on a through ball with 10 to go to put Sapp in the lead for good.

Croatia battled hard for the equalizer but was really unlucky not to tie it on a couple of occasions.

bonaparte

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
columbus 2
inter 0

best of three series = 3 - 0 to columbus...not bad for underdogs

according to Inter, columbus was lucky...the only thing Inter connected on was seven posts and Frank Mollica's nuts...

Cristian a.k.a. the greasy-faced spagetti head bomber decided to kick frank in the nuts instead of shaking his hand after the game...talk about class...i guess that's why they left their best player (Corrazza) on the bench all game.

kindel's only good throw was his water- bottle at Tk's head after he scored the penal..did i say it already?...talk about class.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus-Inter

Inter should have been up by a few at half, but give Columbus credit for a solid 2nd half and eventually the deserved win. The peno was dodgy at best, though, with the ball kicked out of control all the way to the goalie even before the trip at the top of the box.

GhostRider

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 1:2 Sapp OT

Adanac looked like a scene outside the Columbia St. station with Sapp stealing this win. Croatia created way more chances, always looked threatening, and won most of the challenges. Truly a heartbreaking loss. Sapp play like you expect old guys to play - make the most of what chances you get and hope for some luck. Massive props to the Croatia goalie who played his first ever real game as a goalie today.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GhostRider said:
Croatia 1:2 Sapp OT
Sapp play like you expect old guys to play - make the most of what chances you get and hope for some luck.

Average age of Sapperton's 18 players today: 29.5 yrs old. And 19 year old Stefano Punnu wasn't even there. Even if we were old why couldn't those young bucks beat us? Do we have to get over 40 for you to make a dent in our armour?

Ya, we took Croatia a littlle lightly today, but we played a team that barely got into the Cup. We bad. Won't happen twice in a row-at least the pitch will be regulation size.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croats 1 Sapp 2 (OT)

First off let me say WAB is a KNUT. I didnt' believe it, but after the BS this fa$#ot was stirring pre game, showed what a big KNUT he is. Even his own players were thinking that. True True.

The field: Yes the field was lined small. Why fckuface? cuz there wasn't anymore room to move it out. If you saw the lines fckuhead, u would have noticed we pushed the field 3 yards out on both sidelines, wider that last weeks games. The 18 yard box was also lined in the same place as last week. Now 4 teams played on that field last week, and both had no problems with it. As well today WE had no problem with it, as well Columbus/Inter had no problem with it, who both managers were standing and laughing with us of what an IDIOT you are. Now did the Sapp players give a shite, i dont' think half of them did cuz they were even telling you to shut it, and get on with the game.

The game: Started 20 min later cuz WAB was having his period. Game was as told. Sapp played there Minnesota Wild D, and We were all over them. We scored 20 in or so on an OG, which would have been a goal, but the Sapp player wanted to make sure it goes in. Thanks bud. Sapp then had a glorious opportunity, but like ghostrider said our goalie played in his first ever premier match as a keeper, and made a glorious save.

1:0 Halftime.

2nd half started the same as the first. Sapp scores early on, well they didn't, then they did, then nobody knew what was going on. Mauricio first whistles the play offside as acknowledge by his linesmen holding the flag up, then he calls it a goal, while the linesmen sneaks the flag down, then after acknowlegding to our captain that he saw the flag go up and our captain asking him to ask the linesmen about the call. Says NO and calls it a goal. So now were tied at 1:1.

1:1 after 90 min.

OT Masi hits the post after embarsing the Sapp players. Only bright chance in the first OT. Actually Massi was embarassing the Sapp players all game. And not one card, Congrats Mike!! :D

2nd OT, Sapp steals the ball from us and counters, leading to a goal that just hit the right place, wasn't that hard of a shot, but in the right place. We had a coulpe of chances to tie er, at the end. 2 headers, one with a wide open net.

It just wasn't meant to be. The boys played there heart out and it showed. Sapp got all the breaks.

Side note: Great show of fan support today. We had about 400 croats on a sideline, with the BarB running. Can't wait for next season.

Good Luck to all the teams remaining.

PS Sorry Sapp players if i sounded off on you but WAB is a KNUT, i know not all of you are like WAB, best of luck to you guys, especially the Favaro brothers!

GhostRider

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Average age of Sapperton's 18 players today: 29.5 yrs old

dude, first of all, i dunno even know why you're replying to my post. you won. move on. take the win and run.

second, put the calculator away. the number is irrelevant. you simply played like an old team today: beat to every loose ball, nobody running off the ball, humping long balls all game.

How about this number: 1.5. Thats how many chances you had all game and you made 2 goals. Thats lucky.

Sapp went to a 3-5-2 to muck it up in an already crowded centre midfield
Yah right. Try 8-0-2. You're in denial buddy.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys show up to the park with some sideline lackies, start spray painting lines all over the pitch. Any non-half baked-drunk would realize that the 18 yard box is actually only 14 yards-in all directions. But there were faded existing lines on the pitch and, as usual, the lackies are either too stupid to figure things out or just followers so you guys painted over them. Next time we play, I will line a big circle beside the pitch, ask all your lackies to go in the circle, and then go find a corner. That'll keep them busy all game.

You had 2, yes 2, fields available to make 1 pitch and you couldn't figure that out. There were NO restrictions on what you could have done. It was Sapp players that pointed the situation out to me for I was still in the changing room at the time. But what kind of organisation, with a Cup game at play would fcuk up a 18 yard box so badly. The game would have been played on time if you hadn't run out of paint! Half a can would have fixed the problem, but nooooo, no paint left from the initial painting. BTW, my manager was laughing AT you and a BC soccer official was absolutely embarrassed by the lining ineptitude - this means pretty much "uselessness". As well as most people.

I love the croat supporters. They do bring passion and atmosphere to the game, but is it your devine right to harrass and yell profanities to the Sapp players on every occasion? Funny how when Sapp players brush it off, for you to keep going with the bullshite. Just support your team, like the devoted Sapp fans do; the rest is really unneccessary.

Anyway, Sapp had to battle through some really tough adversities on the day; the pitch, the sun, the rude Croat fans, Ryan McNabbs hamstring pull, the over-done smokies and hamburgers, an opposition, and last, but not least, the horrific refereeing that went against Sapp ALL day. But the old guys, god bless their hearts, show true Sapperton grit and raw, endearing emotion to pull out a very spirited affair.;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GhostRider said:
dude, first of all, i dunno even know why you're replying to my post. you won. move on. take the win and run....
Yah right. Try 8-0-2. You're in denial buddy.
The discussion of the game is what this thread is all about. And you are correct about our formation with 13 minutes to go. You were pressing forward for the equalizer and we were just trying to defend the OT lead. What else could we do? You guys played hard and yes, you deserved a better fate on the day. But please don't question the postage stamp we played on. It was U9 size.
I guess my frustration with the pitch should be directed towards the VMSL and BC soccer. It is a quarter final, shouldn't they check the pitch? Do they even care? The pitch should have been checked and lined Saturday. But your manager could have at least paced out the pitch to make it at least close to regulation.

As for BJB,
Next home game, I will line our pitch 80 X 50 with 10 yard peno boxes. And if I hear a peep out of you, I will label you a KNUT as well.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
First off let me say WAB is a KNUT. I didnt' believe it, but after the BS this fa$#ot was stirring pre game, showed what a big KNUT he is....Why fckuface.... what an IDIOT you are.....WAB was having his period.... WAB is a KNUT...

Now I'm not 100% sure, but are you asking me to be your friend?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mauricio was atrocous, stopping the game every 30 seconds. He gave 7 (seven) yellow cards to Sapp and one or two to Croatia. He screamed at players and insulted them, and if anyone on Sapp had the nerve to express any disappointment with a call then he pulled out his yellow. His appointment to FIFA games has gone to his head, and unlike other VMSL refs, he has forgotten how to manage amateur adults players in a game.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU 0 - Firemen 1

I take it that the fortunate bounces and luck that SU had most of the year finally caught up to them?

Are Firemen this year's Sporting?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You should not be boasting Bob, you beat the 3rd seed from the valley and then the 8th seed from the vmsl, Fireman have knocked out the two best teams in the vmsl in MF and now Slurrey, they are just like Sporting from last year. Watch out.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fortunate bounces and luck, eh? Now that's taking the piss. Care to elaborate on which exactly those were and how many of them had us win our side by what? 15+ points? Do us a favour and stick to arguing yardage and sideline dimensions. I do love the fact you're the only one willing to stir the pot during such a "sensitive" time. It's funny how winning brings out such confidence in you. Perhaps it's the fact the top 3 teams in the VMSL are now out too.

Firetown ran us ragged in the middle of the park in the first half. Quite frankly, it was a fcuking 45 minute track meet. In the second the pace dropped off, but honestly it had too. They were simply playing out of their heads, IMO. In the second half the game evened out a bit more and we were able to create a few more opportunities as their backs seemed to tire. Young Cam Wilson was foiled on a semi break away by Franks and Vince Stewart had a shot pushed out side of the post from 16. The first OT we traded opportunities and Smiley had to bail us out on one occasion early. The last half of the first and all the second OT I thought we were all over them as it almost seemed Firemen were trying to get it to PK's until with 5 left a bad bobble and Jarive being in the right place at the right time crushed us.

Ihatethisgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0