Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2006 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, it's an older team (JBs) vs. a younger one in SPH. This reminds me of the Westside Knights vs. Green Devils match that I caught part of last week in which the Knights experience won out. But while the GDs have got a bit weaker as the season has progressed, SPH have seemed to get stronger. And since they match the size of the JBs, and are good on turf, I'll have to go with them to win. Should be a good game though. By the way, 2 out of the final 8 are from the supposedly weakest group - 2C. Just thought I'd mention that.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
By the way, 2 out of the final 8 are from the supposedly weakest group - 2C. Just thought I'd mention that.
The way the draw works, that logic is no real measure of the balance of the 3 groupings. Without head to head play there is no real way of making valid comparisons.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
So, it's an older team (JBs) vs. a younger one in SPH. This reminds me of the Westside Knights vs. Green Devils match that I caught part of last week in which the Knights experience won out. But while the GDs have got a bit weaker as the season has progressed, SPH have seemed to get stronger. And since they match the size of the JBs, and are good on turf, I'll have to go with them to win. Should be a good game though. By the way, 2 out of the final 8 are from the supposedly weakest group - 2C. Just thought I'd mention that.

PCOV isn't in the final 8 yet... they still have to beat Cleo's this weekend, who coincidentally are the last remaining team from 2A

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
The way the draw works, that logic is no real measure of the balance of the 3 groupings. Without head to head play there is no real way of making valid comparisons.

Right, so there's no basis for saying one group is weaker than another in the first place? My point exactly. And sorry Dezza, you are right - 2 out of 9.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cleo's 6 - 1 PCOV

I have never seen a team so disinterested in a cup game before. 4 goals came for Cleo's in the last 20 minutes of the 1st half. Most of Cleo's goals were because the entire PCOV team was ball watching.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So much talk about SPH and how good they are.I saw them lose today, unless a miracle happened it was 2-0 Norvan with 10 min to go when I left. The ref was giving SPH lots of calls and chances to get back in it but I haven't seen so many shitty free kicks in one game for a long time. SPH will struggle in div 1 unless they plan on getting a few more guys.Not to be all negative maybe SPH just had a bad game when it counted but kudos to their goalie who kept the scoreline close!!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. 2-0 up, eh? I would not and did not expect that. That said, I'm happy for the ol' JB's pulling a sharp game out of their bag of tricks. Well done guys, when I saw SPH play last week they looked like the team to beat.

Did Bonefish miss any sitters today?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish missed no sitters(Although I wish I had the opportunity).....SPH seemed to take us a bit light and it cost them the momentum for much of the first half which saw us unlucky not come away with a goal. SPH had a couple of quick counters and several free kicks from dangerous areas but did not convert. First goal was a nice cross after some gritty work in the corner. 2nd goal saw SPH get caught on a 2on1. They did pick up their play at times but for the most part they were unable to break through our midfield consistently. The scoreline should have been a bit higher but a win is a win. SPH has some players with great skill but they were beat by a "team game" today. All the best to them in Div.1

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well The Watcher went out hoping to see the JB's knock the SP's down to earth a little today (turns out I wasn't the only one doing this) and that is exactly what happened. The only thing that shocked me was how absolutely awful the Div. 1 bound SP's looked. The JB's wasted so many unbelievable sitters it was becoming comical. The SP's did sail a couple past the post but the field was ridiculously tilted today. It was sad to not see the Mickster get in for a run like Bonefish did. He played quite well while he was in if I must say. All in all the JB's look like a team that has all cylinders firing at the right time. Now they just have to hold it till their climactic showdown with the defending Cup Champs NK in the finals.

I hate to flog a dead horse but one does have to once again question the quality of Div. 2c in light of the spanking received by PCOV (at the hands of the Cleos?) and Sporting P today.

Pindu did tell me that Sporting had some ringers in civies on the sidelines watching the game but one has to wonder why they would not dress and would even Pele and Maradonna in their prime have helped them today. Good thing they didn't bet $1,000.00 on the game.

Good luck in Div 1 next year. Best hope you don't end up on NK's side as that will be six much needed points that will slip away from you guys

PS .......TS ..Thanks for the Kokanee. Still waiting for a retraction...Your friend the Muppet.

One last point. Sporting was just that today... sporting. They played clean and classy and did not whine at all. It all most makes me wonder if these are the same guys that post.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kudos to the JB's who deserved the win. We defintely did not bring our "A" game in the first half and probably didn't deserve to win. We had 5 starters that did not dress (3 hurt, 2 suspended). The timing couldn't have been any worse. But we still have some depth and could have played a lot better. The bottom line was that they came out to play. But oh well, shite happens. Our main goal was to get promoted and anything else would have been a bonus. Good luck the rest of the way in the cup.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The JB's deserved the win yesterday. They used their size to their advantage and we really couldn't break through their defense. We did have a few guys out of our lineup - 5 starters is a tough hole to fill but we have depth and bottom line - we didn't come out and play. It took 18 games for us to lose one - not a bad run.

As sofakinggood said - this team had one goal this year - promotion - we are almost there and to be able to do that in 2 years is something to be proud of. Good luck to the JB's the rest of the way - they are a classy group.

Watcher - the $1,000 game is still on the table. We are waiting for the time/place. Nice to see the Richmond FC mgmt is alive and well - they had more guys at our game yesterday than most of their own games this season. Watcher - i'm surprised TS didn't charge you for that beer.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta give credit where credit is due...Yes we were missing 5 starters, but Norvan JB's played a great game and used their size to their full advantage. It was going to happen sooner or later where we weren't going to be on top of our game and it would cost us. We've gotten thru some games earliar this year on talent alone, but JB's was too solid a team for us to play anything but our "A" game. They fully deserved the win as they were the better team yesterday. For us, our #1 goal was to get to Div 1 where we will be even stronger as we will get some of our loaned out players back (players who decided not to play in Div 2), including the 2nd leading scorer in VMSL Premier, 2 key players helping Sikh Temple get promoted, and another player helping out Indo-AKal...The future looks good for us in Div 1.

watcher said:
Well The Watcher went out hoping to see the JB's knock the SP's down to earth a little today (turns out I wasn't the only one doing this) and that is exactly what happened. The only thing that shocked me was how absolutely awful the Div. 1 bound SP's looked. with the defending Cup Champs NK in the finals.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in.....

Westside Knights 2 : 1 BC Romania

Knights open the scoring with a goal from centre (one bounce on the 18 and over the keepers head). Romania ties it up on a nice goal, only to allow the Knights to pull ahead again. Romania throws it away on a PK by hitting the post.

Go Knights go! :D

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The news of the Dr.J Miracle goal has just been superceded by the Rich vs NK result. Apparently Richmond were smash-mouthed in what I have been told was a 6-0 rout. Nk were not as much playing great but Richmond were awful...Deuce, Watcher, a game report?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I received a call about 30 minutes ago: don't expect any further match reports for some time. Dr.J, No.2, and Texas Rattler are still celebrating at South Memorial.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 4 - 0 Richmond

Two goals for NK in the first and two more in the second to seal the deal. Richmond came out fast trying to catch NK with the blitzkrieg, but our defense held up well and soon took the game to them. Clean game. Nice bunch of guys.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice guys on Richmond. They started out like gang busters but you could tell their touch was letting them down. Their inexperience didn't help them much either. NK kept pace and did not get draw in to the melee in spite of the maniacal banter streaming from our sidelines. Lets play ten minutes before we get retarded guys!

Two in the first half and two, could have been more, in the second equalled four. Locomotive is the word that come to mind when I think of how we closed out that game. "Locomotive".

NK looks their finest right now with every player stepping up to meet the challenge. If we are to be beat it will have to be by a very special performance.

Thrilled to see the Knights pull out their game. This Semi Final should prove to be the most memorable of all of our battles. I couldn't think of a more fitting opponent. The added bonus is we should be going to Victoria/Provincials together now. So there will be some good shits to party with.

Three of the four remaining teams are from 2b. Soon to be two out of two. That being said The Watcher feels that 2b's fourth place Green Devils would win or just narrowly miss promotion in any other group. I guess this is no big statement but it goes to show how the luck of the draw can make or break things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0