Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2006 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 5th back said:
Devils outchanced them

What game were you watching?

Yes, they had some opportunities, but...

We had 2 goals called back. One apparently offside on a corner, yet their defenders were on each post. Figure that one out?

Break out the beer for these 35--40 year old "Veterans"...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino 'C' 2 - 1 Surrey Utd. 'C'

High tempo affair with the teams trading goals in the first 15 mins. We buried our 2nd just before halftime and hung on for the W. Lots of missed chances both ways, but I think everyone would agree it was a fair scoreline.

Up next is the winner of Cleo's and PCOV/WVR

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Patrick_Adamczewski said:
thanks for the tip... how do i know who bonefish will be
Look for the guy who consistently shoots wide. Or the the consistently wide guy who shoots.

~Two sides of the same coin.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other (partial) scores:

Westside Rino C 2 : 1 Surrey United (at half time)
Sporting Punjab A 4 : 1 Wickham FC B (at 80 minutes)

Sporting should've been up 8 or 10, if not for the Wickham keeper standing on his head in the 2nd half. That said, I have seen them and it is true: Sporting Punjab A is the team to beat. They're young, skilled, quick, smooth, and fcuking enormous up the middle. Their centre-back must be 6'8" at least, they've got pace in midfield, and their strikers have quick releases.

Look out, there's a new train in town.

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Other (partial) scores:

Westside Rino C 2 : 1 Surrey United (at half time)
Sporting Punjab A 4 : 1 Wickham FC B (at 80 minutes)

Sporting should've been up 8 or 10, if not for the Wickham keeper standing on his head in the 2nd half. That said, I have seen them and it is true: Sporting Punjab A is the team to beat. They're young, skilled, quick, smooth, and fcuking enormous up the middle. Their centre-back must be 6'8" at least, they've got pace in midfield, and their strikers have quick releases.

Look out, there's a new train in town.

Keeper were you there? I was the punk wearing the red toque and freezing my balls off. Good assessment of the game...but like I predicted Wick has no finish and it showed. Sporting was very quick and talented up front no dispute. I was surprised that their 7 foot center back wasn't much of a factor....that being said, Wick really never tested him, so it would be interesting to see Sporting matched up against a better scoring team. Assuming you match up talent for talent, the key to beating Sporting is having grit (get stuck in with them), pressure and not losing your cool (like that is news to anyone), as their young team reacts too easily too bad calls and their sidelines encourage it, so get them off their game early. Their center back is huge but not anythig special, but their forwards are talented and quick and will put you on your ass quick. They close quick with their supporting cast getting involved. Sporting is the real deal....and after watching them today, is my pick for div 2 Cup winners.

-Hummer

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
number2 said:
What game were you watching?

QUOTE]

Well, I missed the first goal you guys had called back so can't comment, but saw the second. Your guy backed into the keeper and the ref called a foul. I think if he had actually jumped a little to try and get a head on that floater the goal would of stood. Anyways, the devils missed what should have been a goal when their guy fired it off the post from dead centre six yard line, so that's the way it goes. Most of the traffic seemed to me to be going the Devils way in the second half ( which coincidentally was downhill and downwind), and like I alluded to, you guys had some good counter attacks. Good luck in your cup run, cheers to the veterans.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fukcing rights Knights. Hate to say it but the Watcher called this one did he not. If I were not on NK I would play for the Knights. (strictly because of age no doubt). If NK can squeek by Signmaster tommorrow they have to be considered favorites to meet the JB's in the final. (the other team this east van'er would play for were it not, yuck, north shore). Oh yeah I guess Sporting P will still have a say in this though.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 1 Green Devils 0

Time for the Rattler report ;

First 10-15 minutes was where the game was won and lost as this one was going to be a drawn out affair. One goal for each team was called back due to offsides and thus starts the melee. Both teams battled hard and played well I thought , some very evenly matched play was a cooling effect for when it looked like things might boil over. The 5th back didn't watch the first half and thus didn't see us have a ton of chances so I appreciate your opinion chief but there's 2 sides to every story. Anywhoo were up 1-0 at half and it shoulda been more , the second they did have more chances than us however we squandered a few sitters. Time runs out the boys grab a pop and celebrate the victory on a snowy day at soldier field. Great victory for the lads and if I could ever figure out that magical recipe for the secret rhubarb crisp we've been taking in I would retire a millionaire.

On a side note the rattler would like to thank the green devils for not having that clown that ripped his shirt off after scoring a goal in the early season against us on the team anymore. It was by far the worst thing i've seen in soccer in a long time , I mean really your playin' div 2 soccer in a Vancouver men's beer league if you think your that fcukin' good then go try out overseas. Anyways enough ranting GD's good game from all but your number 6 was by far man o' the match for you guys and every now and then son have a dig all those crosses you put in might of had a better chance as a shot. Forget the name of the guy I was talking to after the game ( sorry ) but hard lines with losing all those players you guys are a different team with them for sure and good luck the rest o' the season. Thanx for the props Watcher looking forward to a rematch :) :) :) :)
Bring on whoever ......

cheers , the rattller

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone have any tips for fc cobra heading into their game tomorrow against norvan jb's... i know nothing about them.. what are some tips (especially for a striker like myself)

:wa: Don't do Drugs before the Game!!!!:wa:

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
Tip #1: Expect a physical contest.

Tip #2: Never bend over to tie your boots with Mickster around.

Tip #3: If Bonefish goes in net, shoot from anywhere.

Tip #4: Score more goals than they do.

Solid advice Yomama, especially #1 and #4. Fortunately for us our number 1 keeper, G-Strang, should be there and in fine form so Bones should find himself up front, doing as Keeper suggests and shooting wide. For a hint on who he is.... check out his handsome avatar. As for tip #2...... I'm trying to save myself for that ruggedly handsome NK squad but with Patrcik playing up front and me on the back..... anything is possible!!

Congrat to the Knights and Sporting. Hopefully we get the chance to hook up with SP next round...... and let the twin towers do battle......

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Google "Bonefish" and this is the image you'll find.

:D

Attachments

• 2005-11-07 - Westside Knights 1-2 Norvan JB's 056.jpg
    2005-11-07 - Westside Knights 1-2 Norvan JB's 056.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 73

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a liiittle outside.

There's probably some french dudes, excuse me, francophones, living, er, camping in the bushes and getting pissed off everytime Bonefish launches a shot into their tent.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
..mind you that that was a left foot volley that...um...got away from me a little bit.(like I had the plauge). The french dudes were all cool after I hooked them up with the name of a little diner that makes bang up bannock bread and knockout poutine. C'est tout bon.
How do I know who Bonefish will be
I will be the tall dark and gruesome one up front. NO playing goal for me this year but I hope to acquainte your keeper with the back of his net at least a couple of times.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 3 - 1 Signmaster

Signmaster was the better team in the first half with a number of corner kicks and a hard shot that our keeper did well to get his fingertips on, deflecting the ball onto the post and out, and another save off a shot inside the box at point blank. NK was flat and on our heels. Second half saw NK pick their game up and generate most of the offensive chances. Their keeper made a nice save on a breakaway too. The game was tied at one point (1-1), but in the last 35 minutes NK went up a goal on a beautiful shot, and then was awarded a PK (the Signmaster goalie tripped our striker). The game was a lot closer than the score indicates. Not ony is Signmaster a classy team on the field, they've also got the sweet set up on the sidelines (tent and bbq). . .I swear the aroma of smokies was in the air. . .or was that the smell of victory? ;)

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK HRVAT 3 : SIGNMASTER 1 pretty good game, first half was more of signmaster half with better oportunities but could not make anything of them, the most dangerous play was a free kick that I managed to push out w/ my middle finger to the post. Second half was pretty much all NK, we took it hard to them scored two great goals and a penalty shot. Great game and props to Signmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0