Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2006 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2006 Div 2 Cup Predictions, Results & Banter

watcher said:
If Sporting Punjab was in 2b they might be 500. Primos, JBs, Green Devils and Nomads would all lay the smackdown on you guys.
Wow watcher, now you're really talking out of your a$$. SPH has a great div2 team when they all show up. As we've played both them and the Green Devils, I don't feel it's a slight to the devils at all to say that SPH is a superior squad and I have no doubt that they'd have no problem running with any team in div 2, even the magnificent NK who seem to dominate all things div 2 if you read this board (oh except for maybe the nomads, oops my mistake it must have been raining or something that day so you're excused). So keep your comments to 2b, as with all of those draws you guys keep 'giving up' you look somewhat vulnerable as of late to those of us over here in 2c. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing SPH again in the league, seeing as they scored 5 of our 8 goals against in the league opener, so we've got to save some face in the next one.

watcher said:
Yaletown could upset Kosova.
Don't see how this would be any sort of an 'upset'. We've already beaten them twice this season, although Kosova always plays hard and are a worthy opponent for sure.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:
Can anyone give me a scouting report on Sandzak?
I can guess by their record that they are crap.
From their results it looks like they can play with most teams in the division although they have come up on the short side. From some game reports i have seen they are a team that will battle hard and given the JimBeam Cup track record over the past few years, the lesson of the day is never underestimate...

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
the lesson of the day is never underestimate...

Oh boy, I can't wait for tomorrow's lesson of the day. I hope it's not "never pet a burning dog" or "don't eat yellow snow". I already learned those lessons the hard way.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher, you muppet, stop putting words in our mouths. No one from Rmd spoke with you after our game at Honda, so quit trying to stir the pot here. SPH's record speaks for itself. As for round of 16 preds, we just want to get through the first game. Sat. games are horrible for us, as most of the team works that day, plus 2 of us have a funeral to attend to, so getting out of the first round will be challenge enough. We'll make further predictions as they are warranted.....

So you mind your bidness, and leave us out of it.

TS

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:

Sandzak, if I can remember, have a big guy up front who they like to give to. I think they had a couple of players who could "play," but other than that they like to go for the long ball to the big guy upfront. Nothing to worry about, if you bring your "A" game, otherwise you never know about teams like theirs.
P.S.: what happened to Watcher and the rest of the gravy train?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
They have a battle and half coming up this weekend so I think they are saving their energy...

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2006 Div 2 Cup Predictions, Results & Banter

Dapotayto said:
I just checked the BCSA site www.bcsoccer.net and the B Cup (aka Men's Keith Millar Cup) shows TBA for the date and location. It should take place sometime in June.

As for the number of VMSL teams, I think it's the two cup finalists that go but I completely unsure of this. A search through last year's "B Cup" threads would probably provide the information but my computer is way too fcuking slow to bother with that right now.

May 26 to 28th in Victoria. The B Cup is one week earlier than usual. BCSA wanted the winter season to end earlier. This comes a week after A Cup is completed.

All this talk about cups is making me salivate.:wa:

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
Sandzak, if I can remember, have a big guy up front who they like to give to. I think they had a couple of players who could "play," but other than that they like to go for the long ball to the big guy upfront. Nothing to worry about, if you bring your "A" game, otherwise you never know about teams like theirs.
The big guy (#10) usually plays center mid. They also have a quick little striker and a tall, but not very skilled center back. The main thing with Sandzak is #10. He's a big guy, but has a very good touch and runs all over the pitch. He's got a lot more speed and stamina than you'd think by looking at him, and when he's on, he's one of the most effective players in the league and Sandzak can be dangerous. In our first match against them, he pulled his hammie about fifteen minutes in and they never got in our half after that. A couple of weeks later I watched them beat Bombastic even though they were a man down for much of the first half. #10 had a great game, and was too much to handle for most of Bombastic's players.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher your just a fat idiot. Your just pissed cause you probably havent seen your dick for 8 years. Dont talk shite about the hurricanes team cause our record speaks for itself. Ya maybe we "squeaked" by real mcdonald but we still won and we're still undefeated. And i dont care what your dumb ass heard from teams from other divisions cause we're not the same team as last year. WE're undefeated, we're going to stay undefeated and theres nothing you or any ne else can do about that.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:

They must be, because the C-men tied them 1-1 earlier this year, and actually should have beat them if not for numerous missed chances. JBs should win this match by at least a couple of goals from what I know of these teams. I watched some of a Primos vs. Green Devils game and can tell you Spicoli, that the Primos are strong defensively (look at their goals against) and counterattack with speed. I'm guessing that you'll have to play a similar style and be patient to beat them.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year all of the Cup semi-finalists came from non-CAT divisions. Will a CAT team be able to crack the final four this year? Final 4 Predictions:

Sporting Punjab
Primos
Signmaster
Belmont

Final:
Sporting Punjab vs Belmont :)

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandy-
Your first two picks were good, but then your touch seems to have deserted you :D

Predictions:
Sporting Punjab
Primos
Yaletown
Green Devils

Final:
Yaletown vs Punjab :)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown and the Devils in the final four? You get off work and smoke some herb down at David Lam Park with your latte and your dog?

My touch deserted me years ago...

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Yaletown and the Devils in the final four? You get off work and smoke some herb down at David Lam Park with your latte and your dog?
Spot on...except for the bit about work.
Oh, and I've been told the dog is just a hallucination...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2006 Div 2Cup Predictions-Results

Prelim Predictions

Game 1: IFC Zawisza vs Croatia SC United - ZAWISZA

Game 2: Green Devils SC vs Unicorns FC - GREEN DEVILS

Game 3: Bombastic SC Classic vs Burnaby Fury - FURY

Game 4: Real MacDonald vs PCOV Europa - MACDONALD in pks

Game 5: Aryana FC vs 'B' United - ARYANA

Game 6: Lobbans SC 'C' vs Sporting Punjab Hurricanes 'B' - LOBBANS