Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2006 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Duece said our match against Kosava was a shite show. For the amount of energy we had leading up to the game, you'd think some of the players would have stepped it up a notch. Brutal.
However, on to next week against Bosna. Any insight people?

Gurps, tough break.
Oggy, City Fc are a decent side. They were one of two teams that had our number this year.
Keeper, what the hell happened with you guys?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hard ballz said:
Gurp's....game's over so move on.....John should retire. You had one red card and went to 8 guys....what happened in the rest of the game....did you guys start off with not enough guys?

Hard Ballz

Hard Lallz,

No, we had more than enough bodies.

I say eight men because we had two red cards, thus bringing us down to eight men(nine with the goalie) before half the guys even had broken a sweat.

Johm should have retired, like 40 years ago.:rolleyes:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Hard Lallz,

No, we had more than enough bodies.

I say eight men because we had two red cards, thus bringing us down to eight men(nine with the goalie) before half the guys even had broken a sweat.

Johm should have retired, like 40 years ago.:rolleyes:

First time I've heard that before. 8 plus a goalie? So you started with 10...................................................plus a goalie? :)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy said:
C-Men must have had a howler. I haven't seen City FC this year, but we drubbed them 4-0 in the cup last year. We were pretty motivated after having to drive all the way to Tsawassassawassewawen to play, tho...

C-men only had 9 guys. they worked hard all game but with 9 never really had a chance at a result.

Beach Grove is in incredibly good shape right now. Way better than either of the Kensingtons, King George, Hillcrest or McCartney Parks.( Only grass fields i remember playing on this year) I think they must have done some work on the field as it was completely dry and all the holes were filled in. Other than the sandy softball corner it was mint.

We are definitely a different team then they had last year. A bunch of new guys have joined and we have more depth than they have ever had before.

Deucey,

I see you guys mucked one out this weekend! :D

Cheers,

Army

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
We are definitely a different team then they had last year. A bunch of new guys have joined and we have more depth than they have ever had before.
I'd assumed you guys would be a bit different than last year. As I recall, the game was pretty close for the first half hour, you had a goal disallowed for offside (very questionable call), and we scored almost immediately afterward. Pretty big psychological blow, I guess, since City FC just folded after that and we banged in three more. Some more depth will definitely help you guys, but Punjab are definitely favorites to make it to the final.
Good luck to both.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
Any comment on the City FC "B" vs C-Men game. The site has a 6-1 shlacking on it. Even Real Macdonald only lost 2-1.

We had nine guys, they had 11 plus subs. We went down 4 - 0 in first half and seriously only one of their goals was deserved as our keeper had an off day. He misjudged one ball on a high bounce and fell down on another that floated into the corner (tough luck, sorry keeper). That's the way it's gone this year. The outcome was never in doubt anyway. They were a decent enough side to take the numbers advantage and take the win. I don't think they're anything for SPH to worry about though.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to the irreverent verbosity of Keeper ? Even the train have not gone off on their usual tangents. What really went on ? This was generally agreed on as the M.O.T.W..... As concerns booze mooching John, sad to see that field conditions, or in this case, crappy reffing should impact the outcome. Life in seconds I suppose. Enough about what has transpired. Some very close matchups in the next round. Lets all hope that it is decided by the players.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Okay, my bad.

We got two red cards, and went down to a TOTAL of nine men.

Everyone happy?:eek:

Gurps, It's 11 players, goalies sometime take PK's, score on corner kicks or move up the field late in games, and most important, a good option for a defender who has a half a brain instead of punting the ball out of the park. How can anyone say the goalie is not a player.:confused: Gurps, have you ever passed the ball to your keeper...

The Fifth Back,

The trip wire worked well on the first goal, It was hidden in the woodchips.:D rough day for the keeper, 3 of the goals I believe he misplayed. 2 big bounces and a chip that must of bounced 2 or 3 times before it entered the goal.

Army,

The field may have looked OK from the goal but many terrible balls handled and played from our players. Some work done on the field to make it safe again but it sucks when the ball is bouncing 4 inches forward and back while your trying to hit the fcuking thing.:( Alot of fields get this way at this time of year, Adanac will probably be choppy aswell.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I guess that the wood chips were put there to cover up what would have been a mud pit, which would have caused as much trouble for the keepers. I have to agree with Davey_BC though about the field condition - very bumpy, not the best for passes on the ground. Anyways, good luck to City FC in their next cup game.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dr.j said:
What happened to the irreverent verbosity of Keeper? What really went on? This was generally agreed on as the M.O.T.W

Yes, Keeper, where have you gone all of a sudden? Surely you have more to say than just the fact that there were not any highlight reel goals in the match?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Keeper, where have you gone all of a sudden?
his camera jammed....:rolleyes: :D :p

davey:

Gurps HAS actually played in goal before, although we did have to tie his left leg to the goal post and put the cooler in the net behind him to keep him from running away...:D

Trece

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
his camera jammed....:rolleyes: :D :p

davey:

Gurps HAS actually played in goal before, although we did have to tie his left leg to the goal post and put the cooler in the net behind him to keep him from running away...:D

Trece

Stu....Besides not stopping any shots, I think I played quite well.:rolleyes:

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great. Our pitch for the weekend is TBA since David Lam is evidently a shitehole as usual. Knowing our luck we'll have yet another weekend without a match, since we've only had one game since December. Not very good for morale or conditioning. :mad:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy,
Ruben said David Lam is closed for draining.

He said an alternate is being arranged for all games that were suppose to be played down there thru the city.

Which is good, because it's gonna get hella cold by the water on Saturday given that the temps are going to be super cold.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Oggy,
Ruben said David Lam is closed for draining.

He said an alternate is being arranged for all games that were suppose to be played down there thru the city.

Which is good, because it's gonna get hella cold by the water on Saturday given that the temps are going to be super cold.
Cheers, Gurps. Having DL as a home pitch has been a bit of a curse the last couple of seasons (only 4 home games played this season). I don't care where we play, as long as we don't miss another weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0