Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 FIFA U20 World Cup

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dap Liverpool makes a few signings and you come out to play again? I guess you are back at the Fuk-U Monastery praying for that title. I might see you Monday. Hopefully my officiating (reduced to linesman) won't ruin your dreams of being a co-ed champion.

Hey Bulljive for the first red what was the linesman looking at. The ball barely hits the guys abdomen area and he's holding his face, should have been a yellow at most. At that point the ref lost control of the match. Yes they did overreact but I can sympathize partly because in terms of FIFA sanctioned events this will be the farthest these guys will probably get as Chile isn't a big player on the senior stage. Then again weirder things have happened. Go Czechs Go

Its called intent. If you go on fifa.com and look at the replay, it was a stupid thing to do regardless. A yellow probably would have been a better choice but i like the red for being such an idiot. I hope he is the one that got tasered. Wasn't it the Chilean National goalie who picked up a piece of glass and cut himself claiming it was from the fans back in the day. I believe chile got kicked out of the world cup for 4 or 8 years. No controversy my ass. fans running on the field players, players grabbing the refs arm. Sure the ref was horrible and lost the plot as Forrest would say but fukc your on the world stage stop being a bunch of clowns.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
CBC says even the President of Chile is expressing horror at this. It looks like a bit of a black eye for Canada in Chile and no doubt throughout Latin America. Chileans are not known for conflict like some other South American people so this is a bit of a shocker according to the CBC reporter who is in Chile. This is big news down there.

I do not know if that is completely accurate Reccos (I mean the no conflict part, certainly on the part of the armed forces of that country when this event was last held in Chile) . Have a look at today's article in the Sun about this:

Chile fans angered by loss to Argentina

Especially the part about 1987 and the riots, water cannons, and the army pointing a rifle at Canadian players for taking a picture.

And I could be totally wrong on this, because this info is based on a newspaper article. I guess my point is is that Canada is renowned for its tolerance throughout the world. This is reflected by the police in this country. I would bet that the thousands of people who have come to Canada from countries like Chile would agree.

And if I am wrong, then...never mind, I'm busy. :)

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Bulljive and Mercado kicked out right after he got knocked on his ass. Is that not intent either? Yet he gets off free. You want to give a red fine but why not a yellow at least if not a red to Mercado for kicking out at him? What makes me laugh is Mercado acts all thugish and then this happens and the panzy rolls around.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33bwAZxWUZ8]YouTube - U20 World Cup SF | Argentina vs Chile Medel Red Card[/ame]

So Bulljive was Mercado's kick intent to injure as well? Like I said some of our local refs would have done a better job.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not know if that is completely accurate Reccos (I mean the no conflict part, certainly on the part of the armed forces of that country when this event was last held in Chile) . Have a look at today's article in the Sun about this:

Chile fans angered by loss to Argentina

Especially the part about 1987 and the riots, water cannons, and the army pointing a rifle at Canadian players for taking a picture.

And I could be totally wrong on this, because this info is based on a newspaper article. I guess my point is is that Canada is renowned for its tolerance throughout the world. This is reflected by the police in this country. I would bet that the thousands of people who have come to Canada from countries like Chile would agree.

And if I am wrong, then...never mind, I'm busy. :)

I may have posted up a bit of a red herring. Chilean people generally aren't violent towards each other but Pinochet the dictator was!

I do think there were hot heads in the Chile team for sure yesterday despite the situation and their ignoring of the police requests!

It just looks bad when you see the tv pictures of young players under arrest when you are in Chile and you saw the game. I was also quoting the CBC reporter's take as she is in Chile as to how they are seeing Canada today.

FIFA should penalize the Argentine player too and suspend him for the final.

You can reply, I'm not busy.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Final was embarrassing as well.
The Argies were all falling around like they were shot. You would have thought the referees would have learned something from the Chile Argentina Game.

sheesh.

Good effort by the Czech's too bad the keeper of the tournament decided on a bad time to let a piss poor goal in.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it just me or did the Czech's keeper look exactly like Bertuzzi when he was 19 yrs old? Everytime I saw him he looked like he was gonna sucker someone from behind. Same eyes and same awkward look on his face at times.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0