Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2008 Division 2/3 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazling

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Oggy, I wasn't exactly thrilled by the comparison myself! Anyway, I'm up to 14 or 15 goals now! Looks like Ayrana in the cup for us next. What are they like?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha. Sounds like you guys need to update the stats on your website.

Aryana were complete crap in the fall, and then picked up a few very skilled players, especially in midfield. Aside from their sweeper, their defense is still pretty shocking. They've caused a few upsets recently, most notably against us and PCOV, but their luck will have to run out sometime. You guys are definitely a better team (as is PCOV), but it can be difficult to deal with Aryana's bizarre setup. Their 5 defenders never leave the 18-yard box, while the forwards don't seem to get back into their own half, leaving a massive space and making them dangerous on the counter. Their keeper was phenomenal against us, and saved the day for them as they were outchanced at least 10-1. The key to beating them is to get enough midfield support for the forwards so you can exploit that gap, and to hope that you don't get one of the crappier officials who automatically calls any pass in final third "offside". As long as you finish your chances, you guys should be fine.

(I finished with 28, but you've got a few league games and a cup run left to catch up. :D)

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN Sporting vs Punjab Hurricanes - GN wins on forfeit

Hurricanes dont even bother showing up to the game, next time it would be nice to just tell the league ahead of time that you are forfeiting. Cheers

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hurricanes dont even bother showing up to the game, next time it would be nice to just tell the league ahead of time that you are forfeiting. Cheers
Brutal. If a team shows up with six guys or something and at least make an effort, fair enough. If they don't turn up at all, they should be fined extra for not notifying the league and opposing team in advance.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's up with this Desmesh (Div 3) making it to the QFs? Having played Surrey last week, they were a strong side. Desmesh must be a force to beat Shaheen and Surrey in back to back weeks.

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would have told the league or GN ahead of time but in my opinion this game was scheduled at the most ridiculous time possible. A game at 9pm on a Saturday night is understandable if all fields are booked but when there are a bunch of teams idle on a weekend - then there must be other options available.

It also doesn't help when we phoned the GN coach/manager to ask if we could reschedule to another time and he makes everything difficult. He demanded GN will only play on turf, he already paid $40 for the field on Saturday night, and they can't play Friday night. I made a bunch of calls and managed to get a turf field for Sunday at 2pm and offered to cover the $40 field charge for Saturday night but he continued being difficult. I can't understand why a so-called top level Division 2 team couldn't be a little more accomodating for a CAT team. Our CAT team doesn't have nearly the amount of depth as their Division 2 team.

On top of all this - this manager/coach jumps on a the phone with the league and starts reading them the constitution citing that they have every right for a Saturday night game and the league can't change the time.

Show a little class GN - that's just pathetic. I've always been accomodating to any teams when conflict arises and would expect the same from someone else but apparently that's too much to ask from GN.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brutal. If a team shows up with six guys or something and at least make an effort, fair enough. If they don't turn up at all, they should be fined extra for not notifying the league and opposing team in advance.
Cheers, StrictlyBusiness. It's good to get another side to the story. I still say teams should notify the opposition in advance, and it sounds like you guys did that. I agree that 9pm on Saturday is pretty much bullshit, and I'm surprised the league scheduled that time.

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have told the league or GN ahead of time but in my opinion this game was scheduled at the most ridiculous time possible. A game at 9pm on a Saturday night is understandable if all fields are booked but when there are a bunch of teams idle on a weekend - then there must be other options available.

It also doesn't help when we phoned the GN coach/manager to ask if we could reschedule to another time and he makes everything difficult. He demanded GN will only play on turf, he already paid $40 for the field on Saturday night, and they can't play Friday night. I made a bunch of calls and managed to get a turf field for Sunday at 2pm and offered to cover the $40 field charge for Saturday night but he continued being difficult. I can't understand why a so-called top level Division 2 team couldn't be a little more accomodating for a CAT team. Our CAT team doesn't have nearly the amount of depth as their Division 2 team.

On top of all this - this manager/coach jumps on a the phone with the league and starts reading them the constitution citing that they have every right for a Saturday night game and the league can't change the time.

Show a little class GN - that's just pathetic. I've always been accomodating to any teams when conflict arises and would expect the same from someone else but apparently that's too much to ask from GN.

How do u call that no class? We have every right to play on saturday night and if that doesnt accomodate you then too bad. If we accomodated you then we would have had only 8 players on sunday afternoon. So now you tell me what you would do? Accomodate the other team who is gonna have everyone out and you only have some players out? give me a break and stop makin excuses. Its pathetic how we didnt accomodate you, you act like you would've had to travel from the island or something. Whats pathetic is how when you knew it wasnt going to accomodate you that you still didnt have the deceny to phone the league and say we forfeit due to these circumstances. Show a little class - thats just pathetic

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do u call that no class? We have every right to play on saturday night and if that doesnt accomodate you then too bad. If we accomodated you then we would have had only 8 players on sunday afternoon. So now you tell me what you would do? Accomodate the other team who is gonna have everyone out and you only have some players out? give me a break and stop makin excuses. Its pathetic how we didnt accomodate you, you act like you would've had to travel from the island or something. Whats pathetic is how when you knew it wasnt going to accomodate you that you still didnt have the deceny to phone the league and say we forfeit due to these circumstances. Show a little class - thats just pathetic

haha

A former fraser valley premier team needs a forefit from a vmsl div 3 cat team to advance. PA FUKIN THETIC. you would have lost so i dont blame you!
;)

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha

A former fraser valley premier team needs a forefit from a vmsl div 3 cat team to advance. PA FUKIN THETIC. you would have lost so i dont blame you!
;)

how is that pathetic on GN's behalf?... they were there ready to play weren't they?... its a case of Hurricanes didnt have enough players for saturday nights game and GN wouldnt have had enough players for a sunday game... both teams have players that are probably committed to work and schedule it around the games like everyone else in this league so you just gotta move on with that. I agree that playing at 9PM on friday or saturday nights is bs but usually the city has the field booked for youth until that time so there is nothing you can really do about it... its the same when you play at holly park in ladner and sometimes at Byrne Creek and BBY Lake... the screwed up part is that alot of the time there are no youth teams that play that late and the field is usually free but they still wont allow you to play before 9. :confused:

Aug 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I did phone the league and our CAT coach phoned your coach/manager to express our concerns with a 9pm game on Saturday night. We have guys on the team that have committments and no team in the league expects that playing in the vmsl involves games at 9pm on a saturday night. The league very RARELY schedules such games and they understood where I was coming from and asked that we talk to your coach and make alternate arrangements. If your team couldn't field a team at no other time other than 9pm on a Saturday night - that's total bs.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
how is that pathetic on GN's behalf?... they were there ready to play weren't they?... its a case of Hurricanes didnt have enough players for saturday nights game and GN wouldnt have had enough players for a sunday game... both teams have players that are probably committed to work and schedule it around the games like everyone else in this league so you just gotta move on with that. I agree that playing at 9PM on friday or saturday nights is bs but usually the city has the field booked for youth until that time so there is nothing you can really do about it... its the same when you play at holly park in ladner and sometimes at Byrne Creek and BBY Lake... the screwed up part is that alot of the time there are no youth teams that play that late and the field is usually free but they still wont allow you to play before 9. :confused:

most of the population has family and other commitments on saturday night at 9 pm. who tha fuk plays at 9 pm? on a saturday none the less. i blame the leauge as much as anyone however that doesnt change the fact surrey still lacks in the education department and you are a direct example of that :D

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its a mute point when it comes to Hurricanes and class, they are obviously a classy team:rolleyes:

Delta Parks is who allocates teams on turf, and they are the ones who gave the mens program a 9:00 pm start on turf every day of the week except on Saturday or Sunday when the start time is 7:00pm. We would love an earlier start, we know 9:00pm is late but thats the time the parks board has given us. That all being said, the game was scheduled and you didnt show. Express your concerns to the league or any team for that matter, shite I think every team including ours can sympathize with you, but the fact is you still didnt show up and didn't inform the league or your opposition you wouldnt be there.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the fact surrey still lacks in the education department and you are a direct example of that :D

That could be somewhat entertaining to the highly prestigious folk from EastVan:eek: but GN and Mackie Turf are located/based out of Delta and not Surrey:eek:

But you are right about Star#1 he does lack in the education department:D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just when I was thinking it was pretty quiet in here... :D

How about some discussion of results of games that actually took place?

Two major upsets... Desmesh over Surrey and Aryana over PCOV.

I guess Desmesh is the real deal, but I am more shocked by the second one. I was at BBY Lake and saw these teams warming up. PCOV were out there almost an hour before kickoff running in formation with their sleek black uniforms and even sleeker greased hairdo's. Meanwhile I saw 2 Aryana players nonchalantly kicking a ball around. One was a short fat guy and the other was a 50 Cent clone complete with do-rag under his baseball cap. How in the hell did Aryana pull this off?!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That could be somewhat entertaining to the highly prestigious folk from EastVan:eek: but GN and Mackie Turf are located/based out of Delta and not Surrey:eek:

But you are right about Star#1 he does lack in the education department:D

shitz all the same on the other side of tha bridge:D

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Show a little class GN

Give me a break son. You wanna talk about class your players spoke to our players around 8:00pm saying "we are gonna be there." Later that night we saw a Hurricanes player and he said "we were never gonna show because we weren't gonna be able to play our Div. 1 players against you guys like we did in the last cup game"

Seriously, give everyone a break before you talk about class.:mad:

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
These night turf games are becoming more and more prevalent these days. Div 2A has been dealing with it all year with Rangers playing at 9pm on Fridays in Ladner, Norvan JBs at 8pm on Monday nights in North Van, and Yaletown at 6pm Saturday at point grey. I'm sure we'd all love to play at the same time every week, but it doesn't work that way and you have to try and remain flexible to the ever shifting VMSL schedule.

I can't wait until they fix up Andy Livingston in the summer and then we'll have 6pm/8pm games down there on the same nights that the Canucks play. Joy.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aryana over PCOV.
I was at BBY Lake and saw these teams warming up. PCOV were out there almost an hour before kickoff running in formation with their sleek black uniforms and even sleeker greased hairdo's. Meanwhile I saw 2 Aryana players nonchalantly kicking a ball around. One was a short fat guy and the other was a 50 Cent clone complete with do-rag under his baseball cap. How in the hell did Aryana pull this off?!

I wasn't at the game, but here's the likely scenario:

1. Aryana puts 5 guys at the back who never venture more than 6 yards from the 18 yard line. They punt the ball out whenever it gets close.
2. Aryana has a couple of guys in the midfield who have some creativity and can make tacklers miss. They have a couple of guys up front who can shoot decently, so if your tackling players all get drawn to the skill guys the shooters can get some open looks or lucky bounces.

Aryana seems to have figured out that if you can defend in Div 2 and have some opportunistic scoring, you can get some results. They haven't dropped any points since the christmas break.....

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are hoping to get 9pm saturday games at home for next year. Our u21's would play at 7pm and our CAT team would have friday nights. Preferably we would like 5, 7 and 9 pm tripleheader games on saturdays but we cannot get the times from the city. Games at night and awkward times of the week are going to become more and more prevalent in the years to come. Knowing we have the jb's in our section we know we would have a monday nighter and let everyone know when the schedule was made available. The Hurricanes should have looked at who they could play and when there home games are and make sure guys knew they may have to be available for a Saturday night game. We have guys miss home games this year because they couldnt make a 9pm game on a friday. We just make sure we will have enough guys around and let the fact going we have 65 or so guys signed to forms payoff when guys are not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0