Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2008 Division 2/3 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are hoping to get 9pm saturday games at home for next year. Our u21's would play at 7pm and our CAT team would have friday nights. Preferably we would like 5, 7 and 9 pm tripleheader games on saturdays but we cannot get the times from the city. Games at night and awkward times of the week are going to become more and more prevalent in the years to come. Knowing we have the jb's in our section we know we would have a monday nighter and let everyone know when the schedule was made available. The Hurricanes should have looked at who they could play and when there home games are and make sure guys knew they may have to be available for a Saturday night game. We have guys miss home games this year because they couldnt make a 9pm game on a friday. We just make sure we will have enough guys around and let the fact going we have 65 or so guys signed to forms payoff when guys are not available.

65 guys and you could only find 9 available to play us? :eek:

I thought GN's home time was 9pm on Friday anyway? Wasn't that why bulljive was moaning about his all important pak cup game getting bumped the other week? ;)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
65 guys and you could only find 9 available to play us? :eek:

I thought GN's home time was 9pm on Friday anyway? Wasn't that why bulljive was moaning about his all important pak cup game getting bumped the other week? ;)

You may be right on the GN friday thing actually. Is this a case of the dreaded bump-back. :D

Trying getting a 19 year old kids to miss someones 19th birthday party. Like trying to get me off a chicken wing it ain't happening.:D

We thought we would have 12 guys. We had some no-shows. Doesn't help when you have 3 guys hurt who can't play watching a game where your team is playing short. Not a nice feeling.

just counted cards. We actually have 62 guys signed. 3 of them who paid for registration etc and come to 3/4's of practices but have yet to show to a game. God Bless Social Members.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just when I was thinking it was pretty quiet in here... :D

How about some discussion of results of games that actually took place?

Two major upsets... Desmesh over Surrey and Aryana over PCOV.

I guess Desmesh is the real deal, but I am more shocked by the second one. I was at BBY Lake and saw these teams warming up. PCOV were out there almost an hour before kickoff running in formation with their sleek black uniforms and even sleeker greased hairdo's. Meanwhile I saw 2 Aryana players nonchalantly kicking a ball around. One was a short fat guy and the other was a 50 Cent clone complete with do-rag under his baseball cap. How in the hell did Aryana pull this off?!

Wow Dezza, this sounds like a cup game years back, when a very young Westside rino c in full warm up mode 45min before game agianst Unicorny FC. Took it to PK and knocked you guys out. I was even was the short fat guy that showed up early. Not always the best team wins. :D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza,

re PCOv's warmup.

They did the same thing when we first played them. An hour before the gane they had the cones out doing shuttle runs etc. We got to 11 guys about 25 to go before start.
And our 11 starter showed up with 15 to go. We were up 1-0 inside 3 minutes and 2 within 10. We also had a bunch of unfinshed chances early. After the second goal one of our guys piped up with the "nice warm up. how bout you warm up the bus" :D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Dezza, this sounds like a cup game years back, when a very young Westside rino c in full warm up mode 45min before game agianst Unicorny FC. Took it to PK and knocked you guys out. I was even was the short fat guy that showed up early. Not always the best team wins. :D

Well first off you guys didn't go by such a stupid name as the Unicorns back then. Secondly, while we had a lot of good players, they did not collectively form much of a team. There were more inflated egos in that dressing room than your average prem team. Fortunately we learned our lesson about players who are in it for themselves vs. those who are in it for the team. We-retooled the lineup and won the Div 2 Cup and Keith Millar Cup the next season :D

What have you and your ex-teammates accomplished since then? (aside from upsetting Minger's Army in the next round)

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well first off you guys didn't go by such a stupid name as the Unicorns back then.
What have you and your ex-teammates accomplished since then? (aside from upsetting Minger's Army in the next round)

Unicorns still exist! ( well, really not), The leprechaun that runs the team loved the name. My stomach turned when he unvailed it. I had to switch teams from nausea.:eek:

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice win to the boys. I wasn't at the game, but taking down the unbeaten GN is certainly no small feat, nor is the fact that we scored more than 2 goals in a game.. on to the semis and hopefully a chance to defeat another unbeaten team, Bombastic.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correction, 2 from 3B still in Cup!

Westside Rino 3 - 2 Squamish FC (pks)

Pretty lousy game in terms of the soccer played, but high on drama as we came back from 1-0 down, and then 2-1 down in ET. Squamish are a hard working bunch, but not overly skilled and lack any kind of creativity. They have a couple of speedy forwards and play classic kick and run, hoping to capitalize on a mistake by the other teams' defense. In this case it worked, as it was actually our keeper who gifted them the first goal when an attempted punch only made it halfway out of the 18 and was headed back over everyone into the empty net. The others goals were essentially breakaways as guys were 1-on-1 with the keepers who had little chance. Looking forward to the QFinals against a surprising Desmesh...

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
gdevils knock out Aryana today; it's surprising Aryana are where they are in the league standings they don't play a great overall game but their individual skill alone from mid to upfront is enough to score 5-6 goals a game; happy to squeak by and represent 2C in the semis

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's surprising Aryana are where they are in the league standings they don't play a great overall game but their individual skill alone from mid to upfront is enough to score 5-6 goals a game;
As we mentioned earlier, those players didn't join the team until January, which is why Aryana are where they are in the standings. The whole group would have been considerably different if they had their cup squad from day one.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is a completely diffferent team for Aryana after Christmas. My exact words in December on here were that they were the worst team we had played all year. Saw them last week and they had a bunch of new guys who were talented out there.

Well done to DPR. You guys obviously had a shocker against our B side if you are now in the semis.

Best of luck to those still in the cup.

Chazling

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Aryana had three or four really good players who could walk into any div 2 team. We probably deserved the win on the balance of play but they were definitely a surprise package.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks Bandcamp. Should be a good game. Could've been any of the top few 2B in the semis as there is a lot of parity. Good to see that we all match up very well against the stronger teams in 2A and 2C. Just hope the league doesn't postpone the match for too long as the long wkd is coming up soon....

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks Bandcamp. Should be a good game. Could've been any of the top few 2B in the semis as there is a lot of parity. Good to see that we all match up very well against the stronger teams in 2A and 2C. Just hope the league doesn't postpone the match for too long as the long wkd is coming up soon....

Agreed...you never do know until cup time. I've thought all year we had 5 strong teams in our group with Bombastic a little better than the rest.

Weird we haven't heard from Rusty Shackleford since a div 3 team beat them...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed...you never do know until cup time. I've thought all year we had 5 strong teams in our group with Bombastic a little better than the rest.

Yeah Bandcamp, your boys certainly demonstrated that fact, getting as far as the almighty round of 32...

You're right...did I miss something? We lost in PK's to SU. That's cup play for you...and SU was the better team. Did I say somewhere that we were a great team?

My point is we (2B) have 5-6 very evenly matched teams and you never know how the quality in your own division matches up with 2A and 2C UNTIL CUP ;). 2 out of 4 remaining teams is a pretty good indication I think. And Squamish lost in PK's or it would have been 3 out of 4 :rolleyes:

Sorry, I forget which great division 2 team you play for again? One of the final 4 I'll assume? Thought so...

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Weird we haven't heard from Rusty Shackleford since a div 3 team beat them...

Desmesh are playing in div3 but they play mid level div 1 football
I watched there game on sunday 6ft7inch keeper great sweeper strong mids one and &2 touch passing we are in for a very tough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0