Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Entry Draft

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With less than 10 minutes until Stamkos is drafted, how do you think the rest of the draft will go? I'm hoping we can land Beach or Wilson.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pick's so far:
1) Stamkos to TB
2) Doughty to LA
3) Bogosian to ATL
4) Pietrangelo to STL

No surprises yet, only 6 away from the Canucks first pick, Beach and Wilson still available

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of big trades so far:

Jokinen to Pheonix for Ballard & Boynton

Mike Cammalleri goes to the Flames for the 17th overall to the Kings who then flipped it and the 28th overall to the Ducks for the Ducks 12th overall

Is that fcuked or what? If I'm reading it right, the Canucks could have offered a better deal with the #10 pick for Cammalleri straight up!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of big trades so far:

Jokinen to Pheonix for Ballard & Boynton

Mike Cammalleri goes to the Flames for the 17th overall to the Kings who then flipped it and the 28th overall to the Ducks for the Ducks 12th overall

Is that fcuked or what? If I'm reading it right, the Canucks could have offered a better deal with the #10 pick for Cammalleri straight up!

Yeah, but we don't need another undersized forward who is going to cost $5M+ next season. I'd rather get a big, solid centre who will be underpaid for the first 3 years.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Filatov to Columbus, probably the most intriguing pick as you don't know what you're gooing to get (or if you're going to get) with the Russian's

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And we don't. Never even heard of this guy. Cody Hodgson. Good thing I didn't bet.

Scouting report, which is very contradictory

"He's the ultimate team guy in this draft," said Grant McCagg, publisher of the McKeen's Hockey Draft Guide. "Every other junior kid picks him as a leader if you want someone leading your team. He's led every team he's ever played on. He has a consummate pro attitude. His skating is the only thing that's holding him back from being a top seven (pick in the draft)."

"I like Cody," an OHL coach said. "I think his strength is his skating. He sees the ice well and gets big goals for Brampton and I think he'll continue doing that at the next level."

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cody Hodgson
C, Brampton (OHL)
TSN Rank: 9

"I really like this pick because this guy is all about character and leadership. There are a lot of people that believe the only thing that separates him from Stamkos is a lack of explosive speed."

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cody Hodgson
C, Brampton (OHL)
TSN Rank: 9

"I really like this pick because this guy is all about character and leadership. There are a lot of people that believe the only thing that separates him from Stamkos is a lack of explosive speed."

That's all that seperates them? I must have missed all the Cody Hodgson youtube videos then. I hope skipping on Beach doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...........................................................GP G A PT +- PIM
2006-07 Regular Season Brampton Battalion 63 23 23 46 -21 24
2007-08 Regular Season Brampton Battalion 68 40 45 85 15 36

Reasonable season last year. Top 15 in goals for the OHL I believe...and a good improvement accross the board from 06/07...

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's all that seperates them? I must have missed all the Cody Hodgson youtube videos then. I hope skipping on Beach doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

I'm not sure what you tube videos and future success in the NHL has in common, and the only reason you say that about Beach is he has been the name most thrown around with our pick. I would bet to say that you have never actually seen him play in person or really know anything about him other than what has been on the team or in the paper.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure what you tube videos and future success in the NHL has in common, and the only reason you say that about Beach is he has been the name most thrown around with our pick. I would bet to say that you have never actually seen him play in person or really know anything about him other than what has been on the team or in the paper.

I've seen him play twice against the Giants actually. I like the edge he plays with, skates fast, hits and can score even on a defensive team like Everett. I personally thing all the head case stuff is overblown by the media, and he's going to be a great NHL'er. That's why I wanted him.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0