Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Nations Cup

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
... yeah, but what is the likelihood you'll just have a team(s) just sitting around waiting to get into a "rec" tournament? And what of the teams who've been in for years getting bounced for one hit wonders.

at the over 30 level, I have heard Canada, Caribbean and Croatia would like spots. There's probably more teams, especially at this level.

As for teams been in it for years, that makes the tourney more like a "right than a priviledge" to be in the tourney. Coming in last would have consequences. And it's not like the bounced team can't get back into the tourney, they must earn their way back via the knock-in stage.

One hit wonders implies a team will stack a team. Isn't part of this tourney, each team tries to get the best available players to themselves. And if they are indeed one hit wonders, they'll be bounced the next year. Also, it's not like there are 20 superstars just standing around not playing in the tourney. I'm sure these players have been recruited by the current participants.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
at the over 30 level, I have heard Canada, Caribbean and Croatia would like spots. There's probably more teams, especially at this level.

There could be three groups of 4 at the over 30 level. I think this is what took place back in the day for open, with the best second place team from the 3 groups getting a spot in the semi's. It would be great to see a semi final at the over 30 level, I think the play is up there, and with only 60 minute games, the old boys can do 3 games on sunday. Perhaps Scotland could get back to the finals, we havn't been there since SirM took over the team and brought on all those West Van boys.

I thought Canada won it all two years ago?

hos

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love it and i guess you still don't get why i post here! ask rangerforever he got it ya muppet
Regs, remember that time we had no life and started posting BS on that out of province soccer web site........ yeah i don't remember either. Must be enjoying Alberta Larsson :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyjo0kGXJyA&feature=related]YouTube - Trans-X Live @ Discoteka 80 Moscow[/ame]

I will be dancing with a leather one piece suit on at the beer garden next year IF this song is played..........

Now on to more serious things.........Ireland here Ireland there Ireland .........everywhere. :)

Hail Hail

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just my opinion but if a team finishes dead last in the open div they should have to play to get in again. It's one way of keeping the competition strong.

this idea can't hurt. if you came in last place and you win your way back into the tourney, it also serves as exhibition games. If you lose out, a better team would have replaced you so the overall competition should go up.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just kind of pointing out the obvious.

This thread is starting to take on a "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" theme, with you playing the part of Ruprect.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqMc9B7uDV8]YouTube - Ruprecht in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels[/ame]

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just like to refer to the obvious as well lol muppet! Man you guys are babies someone please call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmbulance for dude he's having a baby!

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
who were the top scorers + players of the tournaments in the mens + ladies open .
also r the players playing at the nations cup the best amateur players in bc .

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0