Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[2008 Olympics Women] Canada 1 - 2 USA [AET]

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I stiill think against a technically supierior opponent you should play a more direct style of play. Further, their best players are Kara Lang (the slug) and Christine Sinclair (who hides from the ball) neither of them are going to beat many people with the ball, however they can score, probably best to get the ball up to them as fast as possible.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I PVR'd this one and forgot that I would most likely see the result by getting on to TTP. I'm glad that I now don't have to watch that shite. It's almost impossible not to get angry while watching because it really looks like they have no clue. The real question now is will their style of play change now that Pellerud is gone? Isn't he being replaced by the U19 coach who's name escapes me right now? Isn't that where most of these girls first learned that to make the senior national team they need to kick really hard?

Since you know so much, any chance of you showing up to a practice soon?

On to Canada.......I didn't see the game as I refused to watch any more after 1/2 of the China game. There are some womens teams who do play nice football......yes, the game is obviously slower than the mens game but there are teams.....Germany Sweden, Norway, Brazil.....who play attractive football.........now, one of Canada's problems besides their tactics is the fact that 1/2 to 3/4 of the team are overweight.........they're carrying too much weight hence the problems with the speed/fitness. If you're going to play a terrible brand of soccer, then you better be ****ing fit so you can created turnovers in the opposing teams end. Without that, you get the product that we unfortunately have to watch. Let's hope the next person in charge decides that at the womens level, we can actually play football with the rest of the world..........remember, at one point we were in the top 5 in the world...and have we ever gone backwards.

Anti-football never deserves to win and in this case, it's definitely good for the game of football that Canada is not playing any more in this tournament.

Jenny Craig CSC

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost forgot to post this thought:

While Timko was being tended to after getting a knee to the ribs, I thought to myself: Now there is probably the best athlete on the pitch right now. Too bad it was the trainer for Canada :D

Hi Kuschy!

Kuschy is also the best at poaching game balls. Did you get us another one?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was however most dissapointed that Amber Allen did not get to play due to stress fractures i believe that were diagnosed while there. At least she got to make the trip this time instead of getting injured before they left and not getting to go at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0