Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Langley Summer League

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys fared ok last season even in some games with 9 men(if you can call some of them that ;) ) on the park...

Isn't Stallion going to recruit some guys for Frase!? :D

lay off the big yin, it's tax time :D :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all the Qook Books software out there these days, Frase has more time for imporant matters like hosing down his beer.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And I'm out the first game so the Dynamo are lucky :D Haven't done any recruiting yet, as most our guys are playing with the D2 team Tuesday nights.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Games go mañana...

How are the Muckers for numbers? ;) The Schedule has changed & The Infamous Muckers now have a bye...(I guess numbers aren't so good at this time!? :D )
Aldergrove vs "Langley Prospectz" at 7pm at WAP (I'd imagine the grass since no turf is identified)
Nomads vs Dynamo at 9pm on WAP East
Lizards vs FV Alumni at 9pm on WAP West

Who allowed a 7th team and now we have byes FFS!? :(

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adding a 7th team is complete BS. I am not amused. League will run the same number of weeks and we'll play less games. swell.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why add a 7th without an 8th? Round Numbers are the key to any good schedule.
It makes no sense except that perhaps the Muckers are in trouble for a team, and this new team is an insurance policy, or Gary needs more BBQ and Beer fund cash ;)

Adding a 7th team is not good for anyone, it is hard enough to keep the group interested throughout the entire summer without adding byes. It's not like people are planning their holidaying around the LSSL Summer Soccer Schedule :rolleyes:

can anyone confirm that "WAP" without an east or west designation means the grass field? And if so are we expected to bring nets and real corner flags?

...and I also want to know if "Magnum" is in the ref rotation this year since we are not playing right beside LSS? ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny,

Seemed we had this conversation last year when you went on with a moan about officiating in the LSSL, which happens to be the most prestigious summer league this side of Manchester. Something about you pulling your team if a certain official was to be earning gamefull employment in the LSSL in 2009. The 7th team was lucky to be added, otherwise they’d have to play in the lower level PCL, or heaven forbid the Knight’s league. Nobody wants that. At first they couldn't afford the expansion fee, but I guess they came through w/ the financing required.

That being said JBN, you get my vote as the 2010 LSSL Commissioner. I want 8 teams, not 7, and I want sunshine every Tuesday…or my team and I may not play in 2010. You have been for-warned.

I suspect that those cheating bastards (aka: Muckers) will be in good shape moving forward, what with early departures of PAU and Rangers from that other have-not tournament, the Provincials. They probably requested a week to let their crying towels dry.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

You speak the truth. alas, it is no longer my team, never was...It was always more KJ's team than mine anyways ;) I have taken 1 or 5 steps back- Since ripping my knee to shreds vs the Muckers in our last league game in the Superb 2008 LSSL season I have played 45 minutes in one game for the Nomads and 60 minutes of a friendly for Vault FC. It is kind of hard to "run a team" when you cannot be there or cannot play. KJ and Housearrest decided to enter again. I forgot all about my moans until I spent an hour last night grinning ear to ear while reading the thread on last seasons LSSL. :D

I am not saying I could do a better job than Gary. I just think it is weird having byes in Summer soccer...yet I imagine our fees will stay the same and we will get less games.

Are you and your really-really-ridiculously-good-looking-hair going to be gracing the LSSL pitch this Summer? ;)

Attachments

• zoolander_face.jpg
    zoolander_face.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 37

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why add a 7th without an 8th? Round Numbers are the key to any good schedule.
It makes no sense except that perhaps the Muckers are in trouble for a team, and this new team is an insurance policy, or Gary needs more BBQ and Beer fund cash ;)

You mean fine money...another team may well cover Utah's share.:knvb:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Laced w/ sarcasm, but point being this…the man is caught between a rock and hard-place. At first he’s told 8 will be in. When it comes time to pony up cash, 6 commit. One team is being flaky, then in the last minute come back and ask if it is too late. Answer, no. He wants to build this little league up moving forward, so he allows them back. They are, after all, our own club mates. Do you think we should tell them to piss off?

So, I guess when KJ pipes up with his moans about it being BS, etc…yeah, I get a little defensive on behalf of the man who doesn’t really need to be doing this. The answer is very simple: if KJ thinks he can do better, then DO BETTER. Take on the league. Second option: don’t participate. Third option: remember what this is- a bar-b-q league- and accept it for what it is, and say thanks.

Three years ago the Muckers were disqualified from the playoffs (finals, no less) of former best summer soccer league on the planet, the FVSSL, because they had too few players who’d played the requisite minimal number of games. They went through the league beating most teams while only suiting up 7-9 players for 90 minutes each. Now THAT is BS.

As for my plans…as time allows. If I’m not already riding a bike somewhere, I’ll probably play soccer. Pretty sure I’ll be riding a bike though.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And KJ, I see where you are going...we had a poker night to cover our fines this year. Thanks for asking.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0