Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Langley Summer League

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bye's cut in to the the number of BBQ nights. We pay to play games. You know full well the league doesnt benefit from the addition of the 7th team.

I love how the guy who says it's all about the BBQ is the first to call out a team for "cheating" in a summer league, gimme a break. :rolleyes:

The flakey teams are not in the club.

How'd the poker night go? Sorry I couldnt make it out. Good fund raiser.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cry me a river. Or better- bitch and moan a bit on TTP. That'll help.

You are completely piss-take retarded. Why do you think I've been calling them the "cheating" Muckers all these years? Do you think it is actually because I think they cheat? Really KJ? Honestly? Really really?

Give me strength.

That said, KNVB is a cnut. That is no piss-take.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will actually back KJ on this.

In the past the flakey teams have not been the Dynamo, Lizards(Athletics), or Nomads (last year first year, only forfeit was a pissing down rain long weekend coming night vs the Dynamo)... and we still played, we just gave them the points in trade for 8 guys ;) :eek:

The "prospectz" are not so much "our club" as they are LUYSA, which I guess are affiliated, but are they really our club?...

It is cheap, money is not the issue, the issue is number of nights to escape the grind of work stress, family life, and mundane child rearing etc and go out once a week and play/watch football and BBQ and piss it up. Die-hards with no lives like KJ (love ya bro) will be there regardless of whether or not we are playing ;) :D... however I'd imagine most wives wouldn't take too kindly to seeing hubby leave at 8:00 and stumbling over (what was it knvb?...lego?) at 1:59 (Rounded down to 1:00AM) when there is a bye on the schedule taped to the fridge...

Plus... this is KJ's swan song after all! (He is leaving midseason for Alberta, and will be the new Larsson :D ) He wants to go out in full donkey glory!

I'm not saying I or anyone (Well maybe Subby) could do a better job, or should do the job... I'm just questioning if this is the last change, or will we be back to 6? or maybe find an 8th!? (That would be boss!)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The "prospectz" are not so much "our club" as they are LUYSA, which I guess are affiliated, but are they really our club?...

You really want to be technical? No, I guess not, but fcuk me...aside from all the talent the Nomads have brought to the club (KJ...imagine a "sarcastic" smiley face here), this is the youth club that we predominantly draw from. Plus, we have guys playing in the club coaching high level LYUFC teams.

So no, they aren't technically, but there is a long standing relationship there going both ways. Something that you may want to embrace, as part of LUFC.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That said, KNVB is a cnut. That is no piss-take.

:D

Love the fact we have 7 instead of 6 teams.
The more the better.
Would have been great with 8.
He's a poet and he didn't even know it.

It's the U-18 team coming in and being on the Board at LUYSA, I'm ecstatic.
This is a great thing for us to enter this team.
It was great last year for those kids.

We didn't ask, but all paths lead me to think Subby and Gary obviously know me too well that I don't have my shite togther and ended up giving me a week reprieve.
That and a week for Flake FC to cry in their towels about their weekend BC game woes.
Many thanks lads - All class. :)

Cheers,
RF

Oh, and the Lizards suck.
The Athletics are great guys but the Lizards are poofs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a theory about you and your Muckers RF…

You guys are sitting out the first week in order to think up new ways to cheat. But don’t worry, the Lounge Lizards- the best summer soccer team this side of Manchester, proverbial super heroes and all-round good guys- will see through your cheating ways.

I do know one place where the Muckers would not be considered cheaters…Bizarro World. But the wheels are square there, too, and in Bizzaro World, KNVB is NOT a cnut. That just aint right.

Bizarro World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JBN: Wikipedia reference for you.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, and for KJ's benefit only. This...

I have a theory about you and your Muckers RF…

You guys are sitting out the first week in order to think up new ways to cheat. But don’t worry, the Lounge Lizards- the best summer soccer team this side of Manchester, proverbial super heroes and all-round good guys- will see through your cheating ways.

...was a pisstake.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...it's not funny if you have to explain it ;)

~moving right along...

Have these kids got a coach or is Rob and Doug manning the sidelines again?
anyone anyone? Bueller?...

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Prospetz 3 - 1 Aldergrove Utd
UCFV Alumni 2 - 0 Lounge Lizards
Dynamo 2 - 0 Nomads

Im going to bed now....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads were bad and Dynamo were a touch better. 2-0 Dynamo win the points on the night for having guys out for bevvies after.

Kids looked good from the half game I saw them play Aldergrove. Aldy's keeper looked suspect on a few of the shots.

Didn't see any of the Lizards vs FV game, but it must have been good if the Lizards ran out of beer. ;)

Parking lot was full of people and little circles of banter with a few Q's going from what I could see.

Can't wait to see what the greasy Muckers can contribute. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0