Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Nations Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to England, esp WVFC lads. I think guys like Milad, Ryan, Leo have had a pretty good year, winning the following trophies:

BCAA Champs
CCAA Champs
VMSL Champs
Imperial Cup Champs
British Columbia Cup Champs
Nations Cup Champs

I think someone from the Island said recently that they had never won anything.

Way to go boys.

Sir M.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrads to England!

But wow, did we ever do a lot better than everyone expected. It came down to us being just dead tired before the finals. That OT with Italy killed us. Either way, I'm proud to have been part of this team.

PORTUGAL!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers to Jeff Willson and the rest of the Nations Exec, once again, the best tourney of the year in BC, no other Club can match the Nations Cup, As for the O-30's, we battled with zzz-germand for 60 minutes, and should have got one during the game, but more so during the OT, we had all the possesion and lots of balls into the box. Germens gets one on a counter long ball at the end of the first OT, bad bounce, and the germans get a winner into the top corner, too lucky.

WAB was man of the match for germanym coming off with a phontom injury in the second half, that was the difference for the whites.

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrads to England!

But wow, did we ever do a lot better than everyone expected. It came down to us being just dead tired before the finals. That OT with Italy killed us. Either way, I'm proud to have been part of this team.

PORTUGAL!

5 - 0

BTW, I have NEVER witnessed anything worse than I saw yesterday in the Ireland/Portugal game.........that guy should be charged. :mad:

Well done, Portugal, on making the final.......but FFS....... 5 - 0????????

Congrats to Canada women who won their 3rd tournament. Our ladies played well in the 2nd half.....but Canada had two moments of brilliance. Great header by Welcome Wagon....and fantastic goal by by Carlin. Well done. :)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But wow, did we ever do a lot better than everyone expected. It came down to us being just dead tired before the finals.

PORTUGAL!

Congratulations on going as far as you did. I was absolutely amazed with you beating Italy since you basically played with 10 men the entire game and it caught up with you in the final. After seeing you play Germany & Ireland like you did, it was an absolute shiter of the bed on the executives behalf in the playoffs.

The 49 year-old looked exactly his age playing with and against 20 year-olds. He was completely out of place - geriatricly slow and never touched the ball, even as a central midfielder. I am absolutely amazed that no one said anything. It was, in all due respect, I repeat, in all due respect, the absolutely worst coaching fcuk-up/favourtism I have ever seen in a competetive soccer game. Here you have a 21 year-old VMSL Premier player sitting on the bench, along with other young players, watching this useless, relatively old man trying to play soccer. If they had any shread of self-respect they would not come back to play again.
Can anyone give me a 1/4 decent reason why he played over any one of the guys on the bench? At least the young guys could run. Please don't give me the excuse that he can play a position better than the kids - put a damn pylon there.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers to Jeff Willson and the rest of the Nations Exec, once again, the best tourney of the year in BC, no other Club can match the Nations Cup, As for the O-30's, we battled with zzz-germand for 60 minutes, and should have got one during the game, but more so during the OT, we had all the possesion and lots of balls into the box. Germens gets one on a counter long ball at the end of the first OT, bad bounce, and the germans get a winner into the top corner, too lucky.

WAB was man of the match for germanym coming off with a phontom injury in the second half, that was the difference for the whites.

hos

Great tourney - I can't believe it was even better than last year! Great job Jeff and the boys.

HOS, sore loser!:) After the 1st 20 minutes, you guys were knackered and we had just as many half chances as you. But a really bad bounce gave us the victory. It should have went to PKs.
BTW - I pulled my hammy.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both teams were knackered after 60, and both only had 4 subs, not enough for us old guys. Total class to the Germans, Kushy knocks down one of our defenders (Scotty), and then does the treatment on him to get him off the park, good lad, just like the rest of them, except futbol, he is a cheap cnut.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a strange end to the game. We didn't even know the game was over.
BTW, I'll be fine. Thank you for asking.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching Kush was like seeing Kevin Hearne all over again. It would have been awesome to have those 2 on the park today.

Notty was a bull - what a battle against those two!
I laughed when Donald and Kush got into it as well - just like old times.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob, I was referencing the Portugal fiasco of course. As far as the over 30s final goes, congratulations, you guys managed to pull a bit of a rabbit out of the hat in extra time. It was what it was, great to have Miro out there :D. I am not particularly pleased with the justice of the result, but then again, I am not particularly pleased to be associated with JAGS and Dickens either.

Well done on the day.

Sir M.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened?

I think the guys name is Lapas? Apparently he plays for PCOV in the Masters Premier division???

Anyways, our center-mid Jeff Potratz is running forward to go up for the header and this Lapas guy is 2-yards too slow, but decides to tuck his head to his shoulder barrel right through Potty's face...terribly late and disgraceful on Lapas' part. Even the ref said he was disgusted by it and recommended to the Executive and Rene that Lapas never again be allowed to participate in the tournament. Potty was knocked unconscious immediately from the impact and fell limp to the ground, he was struggling to breathe, his eye was swelling shut, and his nose was broken...as soon as we could get him to his feet after regaining consciousness, we got him off to emergency right away.

I think the worst part about the challenge was that several of our guys on the sidelines watched him walk off the pitch to the Portugal sidelines and saw him smirking and shrugging his shoulders like he didn't do anything...fcuking disgusting of any individual to go into a challenge like that with full intent of crushing a player...not what Nations Cup is about IMO.

As of this morning, Potty's nose is badly broken (they couldn't straighten it in emergency), he has concussion, possible damage to the cheek bone, not to mention a magnificent black eye that is still swollen badly, and now misses most of pre-season due to the nose and concussion.

Congrats to England on their big victory over Portugal, but credit to Portugal for getting there with such a small squad this year.

Cheers!

Burnro

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both teams were knackered after 60, and both only had 4 subs, not enough for us old guys. Total class to the Germans, Kushy knocks down one of our defenders (Scotty), and then does the treatment on him to get him off the park, good lad, just like the rest of them, except futbol, he is a cheap cnut.

hos

I knew that apple would fukc you up let alone the bee I had placed on the grass to sting the bottom of your foot.:D

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great showing by us this year. I am proud of our team no matter what WAB thinks. Obviously he's refering to one of his Sapp players when referenceing the "21 or so year old player" who obviously thinks of himself above the team. What kind of teammate quits on his team when they win the semi in PKs? Even if you're not happy about your playing time, soccer is a team sport not an individual one. And complaining about players on your team while the game is actually going on is inexcusable. Not everyone is going to agree with every decision a coach makes, but the way you deal with it shows your true character. WAB you should know this as well as anyone, you have coached for awhile. I stand by the decisions made by our coaches and I'm proud of the 14 guys we finished the tournament with. A big cheers to my teammates!

Congrats to England, fully deserving of the title today. Especially congrats to the 5 Sporting guys: Ryan and Steve Dormer, CJ and Devon Greenside, and Matt Dobie.

Cheers guys.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND
The British Bulldogs showed the spirit of 1966 and totally destroyed Croatia in the semi-final where they could easily have won by a bigger margin.

In the final they played brilliant and could have got double figures.
The Portugese no 7 was a class player .

Well done to the organizers/volunteers who did a wonderful job .
I would like to suggest 2 things to the organizers .
1-India v Italy - the indian supporters were standing right on the touchline when there were so many empty seats on the bleachers.The same happened against China where they were blocking the view of those behind them.There should be action taken against the indians for their supporters behaviour.

2-Before the mens + womens final each players name + club team should be announced to the crowd by loudspeaker.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND
The British Bulldogs showed the spirit of 1966 and totally destroyed Croatia in the semi-final where they could easily have won by a bigger margin.

In the final they played brilliant and could have got double figures.
The Portugese no 7 was a class player .

Well done to the organizers/volunteers who did a wonderful job .
I would like to suggest 2 things to the organizers .
1-India v Italy - the indian supporters were standing right on the touchline when there were so many empty seats on the bleachers.The same happened against China where they were blocking the view of those behind them.There should be action taken against the indians for their supporters behaviour.

2-Before the mens + womens final each players name + club team should be announced to the crowd by loudspeaker.

Congratulations, England..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0