Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 BC Provincials Masters

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Westside, great job on the win.
Sounds like Delta put a strong effort forward and a great representation for the FVSL side. Congrats to them as well.

Jags, get over it. I have.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside carried most of the play and deserved the win. Twas a hot day...too hot for old guys. Delta had chances...good chances but happy feet forwards meant no finish. Dolan made a blunder on the winner...was too occupied with coming out to take out Catliff on a cross to the top of the box...and forgot about the ball...which dribbled into the net.

Have another beer and pretend you know about something.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big congrats to Westside!

I knew once BRM lost to you guys that you would go on to win it all vs the rest of the pretenders.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fantastic feeling to lift that trophy and finally throw away last year's silver medal (along with a couple others from years past). so proud to be a part of this squad and win a title with a long list of quality players and mates.
full marks to delta who really worked hard and created several opportunities on the break that they couldn't convert. they were up 1-0 in the 1st half on a very clever chip over wicksy. we responded before the break as pettingale cooly tucked the ball past their keeper on a break. both teams had chances in the 2nd half and we really pushed them for the last 15, but couldn't find the mark. OT was alot of tired legs and not the prettiest to watch i'm sure. we found the winner in 1st half of OT as arty bundled a cross in that was misjudged by their keeper.
Dancin Bear, CP, Nuke, Bobski, Mosh, Jammo, JC, Arty, Cammer, Patty, Wilmsy, Liffy, Jr.Atts, Miggy, Mario, Rick, Walts, Craig, Merks, Wicksy and of course, coach Sir Al.....welll done gentlemen!
p.s. special thanks to the travellng supporters who made the trip over!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a great day for a game with the sun coming out to keep the fans warm.

Delta's goal by Valderama (SP?) was one of the best touches I have seen - an EPL highlight reel for sure. On about the 3 yard line, but 10 yards wide, he hits on outside-the-foot soft top spin chip over Wicks, ducking into the top shelf corner. At first, I said it was the luckiest hit I have seen, but one of the Delta supporters said it wasn't luck. So, we shut him down after that. Colin's goal gave us a lot of confidence. A well played, hard fought match. The beer and single malt tasted very sweet.

A few pics
VMSL Masters - TTP Multimedia Gallery II

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Valdy started the season off with a bunch of goals so not surprising to see him on the score sheet. He's a quiet sneaky player who just seems to find the right spot at the right time and not surpisingly has a great finish.

It was a great day for a game with the sun coming out to keep the fans warm.

Delta's goal by Valderama (SP?) was one of the best touches I have seen - an EPL highlight reel for sure. On about the 3 yard line, but 10 yards wide, he hits on outside-the-foot soft top spin chip over Wicks, ducking into the top shelf corner. At first, I said it was the luckiest hit I have seen, but one of the Delta supporters said it wasn't luck. So, we shut him down after that. Colin's goal gave us a lot of confidence. A well played, hard fought match. The beer and single malt tasted very sweet.

A few pics
VMSL Masters - TTP Multimedia Gallery II

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside were worthy winners yesterday. Congratulations again boys. Classy bunch of guys.

As far as the game, they had more possession and I thought we defended well and countered as usual causing them to sag at times. The 1st half seemed to flow back and forth with both teams getting chances but they had the edge in play to end the the first half. There runs from the midfield were causing us trouble but in the second half they went with two strikers which I think actually settled us and we took it too them to start the second half. Both teams really were on their last legs at the end of 90 mins and its probably the way it had to end with a bit of a gargbage goal.

Not impressed with the one linesman and the man in the middle was not a strong personality which is strange for a Provincial final.

Very proud to be a Delta United player and really enjoyed the day. Our boys are first class....

HJ

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never thought I would wish for some rain so much in all my life! A hot day for a game. Pitch was good, but hard I thought.

As far as the game went; it was a battle. Hard fought with nothing much being given either way. I thought we deserved it, but cup finals are not regular season games and Delta never stopped.
Congrats to the Delta squad. Quality lads.

I honestly thought we were always going to be there. The team quietly went about its business through the Provincials and got it done. Proud to be a part of the team and really happy for some of the older boys who just missed out winning it in previous years. Hats off to Smallstuff who played like he was never going to play another game again. Ran miles.
Good bevvy session afterwards although paying for that Scotch today:D

Cheers to the lads that made the trip over with us. Different class.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not impressed with the one linesman and the man in the middle was not a strong personality which is strange for a Provincial final.

HJ

Couldn't agree more. The lino on the far end looked terrified to make a decision and the ref was putty.

Well done yesterday HJ to you (whichever one you were:D) and to your team.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's the bhoy in the middle of the back line with the green and white hooped G-string. ;)

Congrats to Westside.

And, unlucky to Delta - Way to represent.
Quality lads is too right.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to both teams.

Heanjob, good luck with your merger next year. Not sure how that will work out for you quality lads.

JTL

??? I think you must have us confused with NDU....
There's no merger with DU - we'll be adding a few young pups to the roster but that's it.....please enlighten us JTL - as you seem to know much more about our club than we do....

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's the bhoy in the middle of the back line with the green and white hooped G-string. ;)

Congrats to Westside.

And, unlucky to Delta - Way to represent.
Quality lads is too right.

Thanks RF, I forgot the lucky g-string at home, therein was the reason for the loss. :D

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
??? I think you must have us confused with NDU....
There's no merger with DU - we'll be adding a few young pups to the roster but that's it.....please enlighten us JTL - as you seem to know much more about our club than we do....

Forrest, don't you remember our AGM on the bus in the bowels of the ferry last night when we all agreed to the merger?

Delta United Dragons has a nice ring to it.

Bring on Penny 2010!!!!

HJ

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0