Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2010 Div.2 Cup-The Road to the Provincials

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone been involved in a suspended game that was completed at a later date?

Do you recall what the rules were regarding player eligibility and substitutions?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza.......ONLY the players who were on the team list of the game which started are allowed to play in the last 15 minutes.......I checked yesterday with the league. See you on Saturday. :D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that Shaheen is protesting their loss to West Van. Anyone know what the story is there?

Aug 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disappointing to see Tsawassen forfeit the game today due to not enough players. Especially when they were up 3-2 with only a 15 minute overtime half to go.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a shame we couldn't finish them in the first 90 minutes but we didn't look sharp and had a depleted lineup. Our fault for leaving it up to the league to decide. Shitty way to lose, and shitty form by their coach to want to win that way. We had 7, but our 7th player arrived 2 minutes later than we were allowed and Westsides coach didn't want to play, even though his players did when our 7th guy arrived, poor form. Shame he was so scared of us that he wouldn't play against 7 men. weak.

Does anyone know why the lights go out at 10pm at point grey? There's no housing around. Our lights in Tsawwassen stay on until 10:45 and it's surrounded by residential housing on the east and a 4 story seniors residence pretty much overlooks the field from about 70 feet away on the west.

Aug 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's ridiculous that they still consider it a forfeit even if the 7th guy showed up 2 minutes past the deadline. Is a protest being filed?

portrat

Feb 2, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disappointing to see Tsawassen forfeit the game today due to not enough players. Especially when they were up 3-2 with only a 15 minute overtime half to go.

More than disappointing, it was embarrasing. the fact that no one came to train(the exception of 4 players) the week prior shows just how imature the squad really is. no commitment what so ever..... you would think after losing the league by such a small margin you would think that our team would be more hungry to get a trophy, espeacially onewe had a chance to win. If we were able to not concede in that 15 minutes we would have had an 8th place team and two mediocre cat teams to play, with home field advantage all the way to the finals. It was frustrating not being able to play due to injury and it pisses me off not having any controlof this outcome. what a kick to the stomach. Our palyer who got the goal to go up 3-2 had a facebook status an hour b4 kick off saying, "In White rock wearing flippy flops". that alone shows where our priorities lie. I've never been a part of a team who wants to win so badly but not willing to do the work.

It's a shame we couldn't finish them in the first 90 minutes but we didn't look sharp and had a depleted lineup. Our fault for leaving it up to the league to decide. Shitty way to lose, and shitty form by their coach to want to win that way. We had 7, but our 7th player arrived 2 minutes later than we were allowed and Westsides coach didn't want to play, even though his players did when our 7th guy arrived, poor form. Shame he was so scared of us that he wouldn't play against 7 men. weak.

Besides having our gaps in the defense(Which by the way was our only depleted part of the squad) I thought we played well. We played a first place div1 cat team, they scored two goals and within 8 minutes of each goal we tied it up and went ahead in the end 3-2. Im tired of excuses, They too were depleted. ya, some players INDIVIDUALLY were not sharp but overall we created chances and at times defended well and to finish with that result showed traces of our character and what we could have accomplished...... then we throw it away. And to blast their coach for wanting to "win that way" is childish. Why wouldnt he, it is his perogative anyways.His team isnt going to get a medal for having the most pride. I would have done the exact same thing. you get results ANY which way possible and westside was not gonna comeback even if we did have 7 guys.
This whole series of events is a shame. I knew this season was gonna make or break our squad and in my opinion it broke it. I dont think you will see the same royals team next year and its a shame seeing how good we were going or at the very least could have been. Good luck next year guys.......

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love seeing people busted because of face book....another reminder why i deleted my account

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Touche to my fellow Royal. Definitely some great points about both the character of our team and how their coach handled it. I am just as frustrated as you, portrat, as you know I'm also in the same boat as you being injured and having to watch from the sides (025 insert lame cheerleader joke). Truth be told I haven't played since I was injured in our game against Yaletown, hence my lack of postings on here, but I'm sure none of you missed me except 025.

We could sit and argue all day about how their coach handled it, but I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. I certainly would not want to win like that given the situation, and neither did his players. And I believe that reflects very poorly on their coach both as a person and as a coach. Our 7th man was 2 minutes late, we were ready to play, westside players wanted to play, the ref was ready to go. But instead their coach decided to win on a technicality. I'd also argue that with 15 mins left against 7 men, westside stood a very good chance to tie it up, or even take the win before a shootout.

And no, it's tough to protest what was already a makeup 15 mins and something that was really when it comes down to it, no one's fault but our own. Shitty timing though in that the makeup game was scheduled for when 5 guys in the original game couldn't make it that day (no one expected to have to play a 15 min cup game this weekend). So we were down to 9, 2 no shows, and 1 showed up 2 mins too late. But it's all said and done.

Good luck to the rest of the teams the rest of the way.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
. This whole series of events is a shame. I knew this season was gonna make or break our squad and in my opinion it broke it. I dont think you will see the same royals team next year and its a shame seeing how good we were going or at the very least could have been. Good luck next year guys.......

I would like to apply for Bruce Richters please, or any other players wanting to be on the Cup winning Roos squad next year. :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0