Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2010 Div.2 Cup-The Road to the Provincials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's ridiculous that they still consider it a forfeit even if the 7th guy showed up 2 minutes past the deadline. Is a protest being filed?

Actually, the league was willing to replay the entire 90 minutes, a fresh start for both teams but deferred to BC Soccer. The league wanted to verify whether or not Westside would have won an appeal to NOT have the game replayed. BC Soccer was of the opinion that if Westside had protested they would have won their appeal, so the league made the correct decision to award them the game.

Everything else that needs to be said pretty much has been.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 2 - 1 Desmesh FC. PK's.

0-0 going into OT, Desmesh gets one on some sloppy defending in the first OT. Lomas tie in the final seconds of OT and prevail in the shootout 5-4.

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vatreni 4-3 on pks v. Norwest

We give them credit for playing hard with no subs...we did just enough - as per usual.

Game featured a cracker of a goal by one of the Norwest lads on a dead ball.

Merolomas beat desmesh on pks as well.

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

0-0 going into OT, Desmesh gets one on some sloppy defending in the first OT. Lomas tie in the final seconds of OT and prevail in the shootout 5-4.
Ref was atrocious.

Played 20 mins on the 2nd half of OT and basically waited for Meraloma to score. Corner after corner until one deflected in.

Game wasn't really well played by either side. Doesn't help that Desmesh was missing their center mid ( moving back to Japan on Monday) and their speedy side midfield. This kid gives teams fits, its a shame he didn't show up.

Lomas players were pretty classy though, which is a nice change from them. Good luck the rest of the way

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref was atrocious.

Played 20 mins on the 2nd half of OT and basically waited for Meraloma to score. Corner after corner until one deflected in.

Game wasn't really well played by either side. Doesn't help that Desmesh was missing their center mid ( moving back to Japan on Monday) and their speedy side midfield. This kid gives teams fits, its a shame he didn't show up.

Lomas players were pretty classy though, which is a nice change from them. Good luck the rest of the way

Yes, it was a good game. Not really sure about the time in the second OT - I'm definitely not complaining :). Agreed, the ref was questionable. Thought we could've had a PK in the second OT for a hand ball. We were also missing our starting centre midfielder (arguably our best player) and a starting striker, so it sounds like both teams weren't able to field their prefered 11.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC Metropolitan 'A' 1 UBC Metropolitan 'B' 0 (Penalties 6 - 5 )

The 'B' team was definitely the better team over the 90 minutes.....hitting the woodwork twice. The 'A' team had 3 breakaways in the second overtime but the keeper stopped all of them.

Interesting game and my third cup game which has gone the distance. :mad: :D

penguin

Mar 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC Metropolitan 'A' 1 UBC Metropolitan 'B' 0 (Penalties 6 - 5 )

The 'B' team was definitely the better team over the 90 minutes.....hitting the woodwork twice. The 'A' team had 3 breakaways in the second overtime but the keeper stopped all of them.

Interesting game and my third cup game which has gone the distance. :mad: :D

Actually each team hit the post once.

penguin

Mar 3, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point, Penguin.......I must have messed that part up....but I did see two posts. :D

Did you not agree the 'B' team was the better team over the 90 minutes?

I thought it was pretty even... shows the depth of our club. The A's were missing their leading scorer due to suspension and we had a few people playing out of position up front. That being said, the B's played a great game and it easily could have gone either way.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's pretty impressive depth for sure - always nice to see some interclub competition like that. When we played UBC "A" earlier this cup run with 9 guys I thought they were a pretty skilled, fast young club but could easily be thrown off their game with a bit of chitchat and some well timed shoulders etc. They didn't back down from the rough stuff, but were definitely distracted by it...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino 2 - 1 Unicorns

We came out completely flat and conceded a goal in the first 5 mins as their striker found himself wide open and receiving a pass at the top of the 18. He finished his chance nicely. We knotted the score about 20 mins later when our centre mid hit a 25 yarder that eluded their keeper. We then missed a glorious chance as our left mid put a low cross through the six that our right mid met at the far post, but somehow hit over the net from 3-4 yards out! Overall the 1st half was pretty sloppy by both teams with a lot of long ball tactics.

I thought we stepped it up in the 2nd half and controlled the play a lot more. Our substitute striker came in after about 10 mins and slid in to finish a nice low cross from his strike partner. Unicorns had a few highly skilled guys and probably with some more depth would have had a much better record during the season. Their keeper left the game with about 10-15 left in the game after he dove to push a low shot past the post. Apparently he broke his finger on the play! I wish him well with his recovery! The game was a spirited, but mostly clean affair until one of their players lost his mind near the end and stamped on one of our guys :confused: Somehow the referee only saw fit to award a yellow card for the incident.

Looking forward to the big Westside derby next weekend! We beat them 1-nil both times in league play, so it will definitely be a tight competitive match.

VALKYRIE

Jan 28, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

A very exciting game.I stayed behind after the Vaterani game to watch this game. At times the game had nothing to offer, but then in the 2nd half the game came to life. Both teams had good chances. Both goalies played great. The desmesh goalie came up with a huge save on a corner at the begining of the game, and one late in the OT. The other keeper also came up big ona breakaway. Credit to both teams for an exciting game at the end. Too bad one of them had to go out. Both goalies get my vote for player of the game.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So into the QFinals and the final 8 are made up of:

4 from Div 2 "A"
2 from CAT "A"
1 from Div 2 "B"
1 from Div 2 "C"

Based on the matchups we're guaranteed 1 semifinalist from 2A and 1 from CAT. However, I suspect we may see 3 from 2A, which was clearly the best of the 2nd Division groups this year.

Good luck to everyone!

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 3 - 0 UBC "A"

UBC knocked us out of the cup last year and beat us twice during the season so this victory definitely feels good. We were able to neutralize their speed with some excellent defending and some strong physical play. 1-0 at half and then 2 more in the last 20 or so to seal the deal. We were able to finish the chances we had which was nice for a change.

On to the semis.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
[ame=http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie-uk-3760b37b200f4c9a357a856216350970.html]james cameron / Subtitle movie with BombayTV[/ame]

denosana

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So into the QFinals and the final 8 are made up of:

4 from Div 2 "A"
2 from CAT "A"
1 from Div 2 "B"
1 from Div 2 "C"

Based on the matchups we're guaranteed 1 semifinalist from 2A and 1 from CAT. However, I suspect we may see 3 from 2A, which was clearly the best of the 2nd Division groups this year.

Good luck to everyone!

So much for you theory about 2a being the best group. All the groups were even this year. It would be hard to say that one group was stronger then the other. Since the 4th place team from 2c ("weakest group") was able to easily beat the 2nd place from the strongest group just further more proves that point.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 3 - 0 UBC "A"

UBC knocked us out of the cup last year and beat us twice during the season so this victory definitely feels good. We were able to neutralize their speed with some excellent defending and some strong physical play. 1-0 at half and then 2 more in the last 20 or so to seal the deal. We were able to finish the chances we had which was nice for a change.

On to the semis.

Really? The Lomas? Strong physical play.......:eek: ;)

Aug 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
So much for you theory about 2a being the best group. All the groups were even this year. It would be hard to say that one group was stronger then the other. Since the 4th place team from 2c ("weakest group") was able to easily beat the 2nd place from the strongest group just further more proves that point.

2A is still the strongest group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0