Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely no surprise there. The Valley does suck.
opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one and it's usually the biggest that give them.

13 VMSL teams lost to Delta this year, does that mean they suck too? PAU were completely in this game and had more than its fair share of chances and possestion to win. Had we not spotted them 2 in the first half before we adjusted to their kick and counter attack 'style' we had a chance. I wondered a few times why they even had a midfield. Their second was an OG that bounced off a defenders leg and past Brum after a poor turn over in the middle of the park.

What can we say, we had very a good portion of the play, had our chances but Delta defended well. Only one team will be happy at the end of this. It's just not us.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just in from the Island: Gorge beats Abby 1-0...

Loads of chances wasted by Abby I'm told. Come on Poco. Keep the Valley Alive!

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 peg final. Bays had 3 good chances in the first half , made it 1-0 after 30 min. But peg were the more skilled team. Fair result. Pretty good officiating, especially for the island.

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB, you were told wrong. Gorge gave them minimal chances maybe 2 good ones. Gorge goal was a scramble. Gorge were the better team today. Hope they carry on well as they are representing the Island again!

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
fair result for peg is right, fairly even first half altho a nod to peg for attempting to run at bays back line at every chance. 15 minutes in a header off the cross bar from the giant bays striker, 5 minutes later he slots a great shot into the corner. Peg answers 5 minutes later with a great 4 way passing play for a tap-in. In the first couple minutes of the 2nd half a great free kick into the top corner is the game winner. I'd say the next 30 minutes or so dominated by Peg who certainly had a few good chances, great defending by the backline for bays keeps them out. Finally Bays puts a few more players on, they certainly have some tall players to compliment the striker. Unfortunately for them they struggled to get the cross's into a decent postion as they had a huge size advantage. #13 was a handful for bays all day, and diaz also has to be singled out for great midfield play and ball distribution. The 2 centre fullbacks for bays played very well and saved numerous chances with diving challenges. All in all a great game to watch, I certainly hope that the young man who was hurt towards the end of the game is alright. Best of luck to Peg in the next round

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
show, was the ubc v poco game a final at 3-0? I thought poco would have done better than that but i guess Ubc is pretty solid.

Fasty

Mar 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice match today Pegasus, you play a nice brand of footy. Thought it was a great match played at an extremely high level of skill and pace, fun to watch and be a part of. We battled very well, just came up a little short. Would like to wish you best of luck going forward, can easily see you guys in the final, you're a very dangerous team. Jag, you're a class act.
Peace,
Fasty
coach, Bays

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Especially when Poco has the two best players in the Province...

It was two "of" the best. I think your bitterness made you overlook the "of" part.

UBC is a very good team. They were too fast and like Captain said are the fittest team around. We didn't create anything going forward and were outplayed from start to finish. We did well for our first year and hope to learn from this loss. I will now start heading over WV on a daily basis to try and steal more players:rolleyes:

TA

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice match today Pegasus, you play a nice brand of footy. Thought it was a great match played at an extremely high level of skill and pace, fun to watch and be a part of. We battled very well, just came up a little short. Would like to wish you best of luck going forward, can easily see you guys in the final, you're a very dangerous team. Jag, you're a class act.
Peace,
Fasty
coach, Bays

Cheers Fasty, you guys are a classy bunch.

It certainly was a very interesting and entertaining game, as the 2 teams could not have had more contrasting styles. Bays towered over us all over the park, so much so it was almost comical. Their big man up front was an absolute handful (think Peter Crouch or Andy Carroll). He was virtually unbeatable in the air and we had to quickly adapt to their direct play and hitting dozens of long balls up to him. Ironically, he scored a cracker on the ground. A very effective striker indeed and you can see how this particular team ran the table in their league without a loss.

The 4th official even made a comment to me about the contrasting styles of play because it was so noticable. He then added, "your team definitely has the skill but do they have the steel to win this game?" It was a little odd for him to make this comment to me during the game but if it were to come from a spectator it was probably a fair comment. Anyway, the answer to his question was a resounding yes. At the end of the day, we did score 2 cracking goals and created several other quality chances but it was our overall team grit and determination to get the job done that was the difference on the day, lead by an epic performance by Diaz Kambere in the midfield, in my opinion.

Going to the island and beating the top team was an extremely tough and complicated task and I am extremely proud of the team for delivering. It's only one game but it felt like 2 or 3 battles rolled into one. The only thing missing this year was Berg on the sidelines.

An interesting side note was that apparently the visl sent out an assistant referee that they felt looked East Indian, although he was Mexican. This was evidently a gesture of good will on the officiating side of things after what happened last year. Yes, I am serious. On that note, the officiating was spot on all game, in my opinion. Barely noticed the fellow all game, yet he was in complete control.

On to the Hurricanes in 2 weeks...should be another interesting match up.

:cool:

thecobra13

Apr 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 2 Bays 1
Definitely agree with the synopsis from all on this game. As usual, Peg is very skilled and scored two highlite goals (and could have scored another couple beauties). Bays battled and had some chances from crosses down the left, but no bodies in the box to deliver a finish. Good old Nico with a knuckler freekick to win it. Reminded me of the old Vic United vs Khalsa PCSL days.
Unlucky Peg didn't have their other midfielder (bulldog) who works his ass off every game. Apparently he said he was still serving his suspension from his battle with Gorge last BCs. Good to see Jag playing again (cobra!!)
Glad the remaining boys at Gorge battled through to represent the Island yet again.
Gonna be some interesting games in two weeks.
Good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0