Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats a different story: the rankings will be out as soon as the VISL advises what the schedule is. For anyone at Vantreights, WVFC will be wearing all Royal Blue.

Good luck to all teams.

Ladnerdad

Oct 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some random thoughts about our draw (South Delta's) from both a team and personal perspective:
Team Thumbs up - First Week bye. We can get some practice in, maybe even think about doing some running. In fact I'm thinking about running right now. I hope it's getting me in better shape.
Personal Thumbs Up - First Week Bye. I am in Ottawa this weekend so I'm not going to miss anything.
Personal Thumbs Down - I'm in Ottawa this weekend.
Team Thumbs up - Home draw for the quarter final. Our road record suuucks this year, we are much better at Winskill.
Team Thumbs up - Have to play an Island team who will hopefully drink heavily and/or get terrible food poisoning on the ferry before arriving for the game.
Thumbs down - Because we play an Island team and thus have to start the game between 12 & 4, we might not get Winskill (Field Hockey) and instead have to play on John Oliver which is grass. We suck on grass (figuratively speaking only, okay maybe a few still do literally).
Personal thumbs up - We might play Vic West, and since I grew up in Victoria, I might know some of the guys on the team...
Personal thumbs down - That is if I'm at the game. I promised to take my daughter to see the Whitecaps game on her birthday, and being a Dad is a higher priority than being a washed up soccer player.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC,

How many of the Gorge guys are from the Open team of years gone by?

Well I played against Gorge last year.....:eek: and to be honest I thought they were rubbish. They needed a homer penalty to win the game(diabolical hand ball call). Sapperton will win by 3

therock

May 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Gorge guys from Open teams in years past now play for UVic Alum....and they were beat 3-2 by Gorge (the masters version) in the TG cup final last weekend in an entertaining game.
As for rankings input Sir M.... both Uvic and Gorge are strong and will do well....UVic appers to be home all the way through and thats a definite advantage for them. Gorge are fit and fast but a little lite on skill but well organized. The other 3 from the VISL are average with a slight advantage to Vic West (good draw for them)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge are fit and fast but a little lite on skill but well organized.

Westvan all over again - CS's prediction should come true.

Sapp is trying to get Queens Park grass for the game. The only time available is Sunday 4 PM.

Note to Gorge - there is no alcohol allowed in QP. They are very strict about it. Sorry boys. My advice is to drink heavily the night before.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the confidence you are showing WAB, all ready looking that far ahead!!

So when is the final? Is it the Sat (May 13) or Sunday (14)?

I am also predicting you guys to win, well at least for this weekend's game by 3 goals! Unlike you I will only pick my games 1 week at a time!!;)

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters!!

Don't think West Van are thinking that......
If WV can win their first game they will have a date with Roma in what could be the best match of the whole draw. These teams are very similiar in talent and physicality. It could come down to coaching between Sir M and the Conductor.

SIAMO AZZURRI

Oct 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vantreights have won already, Win and we play Roma who we beat last year. Lose and were already at home.

Big Unit,

Your absolutely correct it's a win win for you guys if you get by Westvan you will have a cake walk with Roma. Having said that I will take Westvan by 4 or 5 goals on the weekend and then the following weekend Westvan will be too strong and end Roma's provincial cup hopes.

Good Luck to all!!!!!!!!!!

SIAMO AZZURRI

Oct 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

If WV can win their first game they will have a date with Roma in what could be the best match of the whole draw. These teams are very similiar in talent and physicality. It could come down to coaching between Sir M and the Conductor.

Team Starter,

Hands down the best match will be PCOV vs Columbus in the 1st round, With PCOV's fitness and defensive style of play I will take PCOV in PK's :D for this tilt.

Sir M is a proven winner, Conductor has some studying todo. Maybe PCOV can give the Conductor and his crew some lessons.:wa::knvb::bronco:

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Alrighty...it's about time for some predictions...

Medium Red Machine 2, Metro-Ford 1.
Metro-Ford's terrific run ends here, albeit in a very close, tough game.

Sapperton 3, Gorge 1.
Sapp not looking forward to their run, but make short work of their Island visitors.

West Van 3, Vantreights 0.
This won't be much of a game. West Van is simply too strong.

Nanaimo 2, Vic West 1 (PK)
No clue. All I have is the standings to go by and since they finished the year with identical records...

I'm fairly certain that Browncow may have different views than me on these results. ;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The two Island games are going Sunday @ Finlayson Park, WVFC vs Vantreights at noon followed by the Nanaimo/Vic West game at 3PM.

JAGS you heading over Sat night?

Sir M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0