Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Senior Boys High School Soccer

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeping Development Academy players out of BC High School or American High School soccer will not harm the high school soccer teams or leagues in any way. So this "RIP High School Soccer" bit is a ridiculous stretch. DA-registered players represent less than 1% of all registered HS players.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a shame that these guys can't see past themselves and their pay cheques.........

Whatever. High School soccer has been a great thing for MANY top level players in the past and will continue to be for others in the future............
Ie:tremarco & valente

Sid

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps have kept their residency kids out of HS for years - haven't seen anyone complaining about the level of HS soccer....or that the Caps kids weren't playing....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually not completely true, ThiKu......some of the prospects kids played for a couple of the teams. :) We played against them I know. However, the residency kids aren't playing now. The girls prospects have been playing the last few years and will likely still do so.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'm sorry, but here in BC High School soccer is strictly a fun thing. Nothing wrong with that. I went to one of my sons games and was amazed at the lack of soccer players out there. He had rugby players, ESL students, and a couple of guys from the track team out to make sure they had 12 guys to play. He is a CSA player and just purely wanted to be out there to have some fun with the guys.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I'm sure if he is that good he made them all a lot better players and he had a much different role on the team. I'm sure he wasn't laughing while they were losing......was he?

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, Cap.

Are Prospects and Residency players the same?

I think the guys who have been living in Burnaby and attending.....what school are the rez kids at? Alpha or Bby Central? Can't recall. They weren't playing on that schools team I.....assume/believe?

I like HS soccer. It has its place. I have no prob with Whitecaps DA players not playing HS. It doesn't help them. Metro kids....have at 'er! Enjoy it! In fact, if I am a metro coach next year I am thinking of approaching the school with the majority of my players and seeing about somehow combining the training sched of the HS and metro team so as to reduce time/stress etc....it's all good. The kids just wanna play.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thiku, the prospects and residency programs were different........I don't believe there is a prospects boys program anymore....just residency. As for the girls, they have always had the Prospects and still do to my knowledge. the boys are at Burnaby Central the last I heard.

That's great that you understand the importance of high school soccer for kids.......and high school sports in general. I remember my high school team more than any team I have played on........and we didn't have to bring in 12 track and field guys, 4 ESL students, and 2 football players. :rolleyes: We lost in the Provincial final on penalty kicks(Fcuk you, Besty ;)) and I remember it vividly.....especially when we missed a penalty with 10 minutes to go to go 3 - 1 up......and our goalie(Craig, do you read these forums?) dropping a simple corner with 30 seconds to go and for Besty to pounce on the gift........

Anyway, the tears are welling up here so I'm going to leave it at that. :D

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually not completely true, ThiKu......some of the prospects kids played for a couple of the teams. :) We played against them I know. However, the residency kids aren't playing now. The girls prospects have been playing the last few years and will likely still do so.

Don't even get me started about this. As Captain can attest, I had 2 extremely talented girls who were Whitecaps residencey who were allowed to play in grades 10-12 during league, but then once playoffs and provincials rolled around the Whitecaps threatened that they would never play for them again if they stepped on the pitch for their HS. Another player played one game last year before being told the same. Really frustrating from a coaching perpsective. However, as long as things are made clear from the start and the same for all girls/boys at all schools, then the quality of the teams will remain level and the overall quality of games will be good.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
P.S. Bring on the girls season! We've (Elgin) been training for the last couple weeks and are excited to get going after spring break. Anyone up for an exhibition say March 7th???

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure, Titan, we would like a game. I think we are playing Burnsview right around that time but we would love a game.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0