Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First time in the new BC place and I really liked the changes. The way they cover the top level really does make it seem like a more intimate atmosphere. I'm with Outkast on Koffie, he didn't stand out but battles hard and plays a pretty simple game. Chiuemento gave the ball away 20+ times in the game, I'm surprised nobody else mentioned that as he continually was knocked off the ball and didn't play the simple pass. Lee is great as a right back and Le Toux and Hassli look to be a very dangerous pairing. I wonder how Camilo will do in his role as I always thought he looked better right behind the striker but not really an option with the forward options we have.

Despite the fact that the SouthSiders chants are kind of lame, without them there is no atmosphere. The rest of the crowd is pretty silent. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near their section as they don't sit down or stop chanting for a second. Let's be honest, half of them are right pissed and up for a party more then real football fans. Personally I wish there was a way to get the whole crowd into big stadium chants, bring the team up and have big highs but actually shut the **** up and sit down and watch the match a bit as well. I don't want to stand for an entire match and I sure don't want to sing an entire match but I would be more then on board with whole stadium chants and bringing up the energy.

I don't know what the Whitecaps do but maybe season ticket holders could be sent little videos of the SouthSiders leading chants so people can actually see how they are sung and the words. Nobody is just going to sit and read and memorize lyrics. Maybe videos are put up at halftime on the beautiful new big screen of a few identifiable chants so people can learn them. Just a few ideas off the top but I just see so much more potential and the SouthSiders are the only ones trying and the rest of us are just criticizing.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They included all of the chants inside every free program you got as you walked into BC Place, so it's not like they're not trying.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They did include a brochure of chants, but who is going to constantly be looking for the "coloured flag" and then try and sing along from across the stadium. Narrow the chants down to 3-4 (Caps Marching in, ect.) put them on the big screen and get everyone involved.

I agree without the southsiders it would be a pretty lame atmosphere but there has to be an easier way to get the whole crowd involved.

As bad as the WHITE.....CAPS cheer is, its the best one going because 25,000+ people know it......

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching the Basil/Bayern game right now. After Bayern scores the PA guy announces the first name of the guy who scores and crowd screams the last name. Simple, effective, and gets the crowd involved.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching the Basil/Bayern game right now. After Bayern scores the PA guy announces the first name of the guy who scores and crowd screams the last name. Simple, effective, and gets the crowd involved.

When my dad took me when i was younger what I really remembered was "Thank you very much Domenic Mobilo." I used to love how the Caps fan did that for the goal scorer.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what I remember when my Dad took me to Caps games?

"Lenarduzzi, you suck!"

Sadly, I think that may be what my boys will remember in 30 years.

:wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 2 of Round 2

Saturday's match between Whitecaps FC and Chivas USA from The Home Depot Center in Carson, California, kicks off at 7:30 p.m. PT and is live on Sportsnet Pacific and West, as well as Bell mobile devices. 'Caps fans can also listen to Saturday evening’s match live on TEAM 1410 radio and teamradio.ca, starting with the pre-game show at 5:30 p.m. PT. TEAM 1410 will also have a two-hour post-game show, which will begin following the match at around 9:30 p.m. PT.

Predictions?

Last edited:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was going to say 2-1 caps but I don't want to agree with Polska so I'l say 2-0 with an empy netter coming from Long Tan.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still haven't seen them play yet in the MLS. I understand that "real" fans cheer for their team even if they lose or look pathetic together as a team...similar to the Toronto Maple Leafs fans I guess you could say? Anyways I need to get out and watch one live and take in these chants!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
saw Hassli trip over the center circle early, visions of Sleep Country on the hardwood at GM Place...

I dont like no Koffie in the starting 11, but I like losing less. As you were, Martin...

no Angel should have made this low-hanging fruit, but hey, 1-0 or 10-- it all looks the same today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0