Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 BC Masters Provincial Cup

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bring some ice to sooth your feet after playing on concrete
Maybe delta can get the turf cleaned up a bit before their game
Good luck to delta as they are a class bunch of guys
Poco to take it all though and win the big one

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally Posted by shipwreck
Anyone know what date and time the PCOV and Delta game is?

Just heard it will be Saturday at 9 Delsom Turf./QUOTE]

Any chance they can make the game at 10??:confused: Typical Delta already trying to play head games?? Hopefully PCOV gives them the business!!!;)

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV full marks and class guys. The game was probably even for about 2/3 of the match, pcov with possession at the end. That being said a couple glorious chances missed both ways including a post in OT for us and a crossbar late for them. Officiating was good. Cheers PCOV too bad we couldn't play sides like this more often.

On to the Cup Final!

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game between ND/PCOV. Still gutted but that's what happens when you don't finish your chances. I thought the first half was pretty even and both teams were seeing what each other had to offer. The 2nd half, I thought ND sat back and played in their own end but we couldn't get nothing quality in the last 18. Both teams exchanged chances with the best coming in OT. ND hit the post and we hit the crossbar and missed a sitter in the box. Then it came down to the shooters and goalies in pks. ND buried theirs and we missed 2. We probably should've won but credit to ND for battling til the end and doing what they had to do. Classy bunch and thanks for the pizza. Good luck in Victoria!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats ND Rangers! After last week, I knew this would be a close match.
BC Soccer set a precedent a few years back allowing 2 Island teams to save the travel and play at home... Will the same concession be "approved" for 2 Lower Mainland teams this year?
Doubt it as they've proven over the last few years that men's soccer is not important and I'm certain they could care less about the Masters Division entirely!

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats ND Rangers! After last week, I knew this would be a close match.
BC Soccer set a precedent a few years back allowing 2 Island teams to save the travel and play at home... Will the same concession be "approved" for 2 Lower Mainland teams this year?
Doubt it as they've proven over the last few years that men's soccer is not important and I'm certain they could care less about the Masters Division entirely!
Lets compare his statement by Guness with the facts.
BC Soccer pays half the plane fares of the Open A Mens and Womens teams to travel to the Nationals, the CSA pays the other half. In addition BCSA gave $2,500 cash to each of the Surrey Open A mens and Womens teams and they gave some cash to the two Masters teams whch went to the Westerns. They gave money to the Masters teams when they played in the Westerns which were held in Westvan 2 years ago. BCSA gives more to the adult teams than to the youth teams.
BC Soccer also reimburses adult teams for fields for for Provincial Cup games to the tune pf $60 per game and they provide travel grants for teams which have to travel to the Island or from the island to here. I suspect the adult leagues pass this money from the bCSA on to the adult teams.
Finally, BCSA gives around $10,000 each year to the league which hosts the finals. BCSA and the adult leagues want the final weekend to be a big event, and they encourage the media to cover the event. That is a reason why they want all teams to show up at the final event all at the same location, even if it means that 2 island teams have to travel to Vancouver to play each other and vice versa.
BCSA does more for adult teams than for youh teams because adult teams contribute a bit more for provincial cups, and because the adult leagues reps want BC Soccer to do so. Things are not perfect but to say BCSA does nothing is bullshit.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0