Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lenarduzzi and Rennie both have to go. This is diabolical that the Caps are forced into a situation where you have to have two marginal A-league players playing on your backline. Klazura and Harvey are surely a piss take on all seasons ticket holders. Rusin is a plug as well. Fcuk off!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Yallop please. Fcuk I would even take Higgsy at this point :rolleyes:

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lenarduzzi and Rennie both have to go. This is diabolical that the Caps are forced into a situation where you have to have two marginal A-league players playing on your backline. Klazura and Harvey are surely a piss take on all seasons ticket holders. Rusin is a plug as well. Fcuk off!

Yes.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lenarduzzi and Rennie both have to go. QUOTE]

What do the owners of Whitecaps see in Lenarduzzi? That guy has no clue what he is doing. Still remember his lame comments during WC 2010. He has no clue about modern soccer; he does not understand it. And he is still running the club!?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The one good thing to come out of that match last night was the introduction to Tiebert's sister, Raquel :)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's unbelievable, how do you make that move knowing your situation going into Seattle? It least hold off and give yourself a week to find a replacement. I'm pretty sure DC united would have waited four days to rape and pillage us. With Obrien out I assume a move is coming, hopefully there has already been something in the works and not just a guy to fill a temporary whole like Rusin. If we start getting rid of our talented players again I just might continue to not buy seasons tickets.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
with all this negativity from the fan base, imagine how much more intimate the atmosphere at BC Place ERR Telus Field ERR Bell Pitch will be next year...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know how to print out their manager career stats from fifa? I would like to apply for the coaching position at VWFC. The board said they were thrilled I met all expectations. So I already have a one up on Rennie already. I look forward to seeing you all at the games.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know how to print out their manager career stats from fifa? I would like to apply for the coaching position at VWFC. The board said they were thrilled I met all expectations. So I already have a one up on Rennie already. I look forward to seeing you all at the games.
You would do better than Rennie.
He hasn't got a clue.
He has had a supporter in the dressing room in Montreal giving a speech before the game on how important the Cascadia Cup is and a rah, rah, video before the Seattle game and neither did any good.
Maybe if he spent more time on the training pitch giving the players some idea of how to play out from the back and get the ball into the front players, oops, I mean front player. He might get some chances.
2 good headers from "set plays" from Camillo, but not really any chances from open play.
They were lucky not to have had at least 1 more penalty against them, maybe 2.
He talks in cleche's, but has no idea on the game itself.
A USL Coach at best.
Vancouver deserves better.
Hire Frank Yallop now and get a real Coach who knows the game not this "Imposter."

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...Russell+Teibert+time+shine/8496717/story.html

The Major League Soccer club’s head coach, Martin Rennie, admitted Friday that by the end of last season, Teibert was on the verge of being loaned to another team or worse. Rennie simply didn’t see anything in the midfielder from Niagara Falls, Ont., which put Teibert in jeopardy and Rennie in the minority even on his coaching staff.“I don’t think he made any impact on any training sessions or any reserve games,” Rennie said. “We played the L.A. Galaxy reserves in L.A. and I went to that game because I was making a lot of decisions on players. We lost quite badly and didn’t play well.
“At the end of the game, I sat in the locker-room with all the players and just quietly talked to them all as a group. I remember saying: ‘Brian Sylvestre, that’s probably your last game for us. Greg Klazura, you’re doing everything we’re asking you to do.’ With Russell, I said: ‘Russell, you’ve not made an impact on any game, you’ve not made an impact on any training session. You’re always around the ball but never actually on the ball. Unless things change, there’s no future for you here, either.’”

Hmmmm...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went down to Seattle with Reedie to watch the Yankees and then the Whitecaps/Sounders. What a FANTASTIC day and night. They definitely know how to do things right in Seattle. What was really interesting was how many YOUNG supporters Seattle has. We asked a few of them in a pub(yes, hard to believe we found our way into one) why they follow the Sounders and they said is something they can indentify with. They TRULY HATE the Portland Timbers. Portland's game was on TV and they were booing/cheering everytime something didn't go right for Portland. The outdoor beer garden at the Pyramid Ale House was fantastic.

The atmosphere in the game was brilliant and we were right in the middle of the all the Whitecaps supporters which was pretty cool. Yes, we wagered for Seattle and the OVER 2.5 goals but we still helped with several different chants.....

As for the football, Reedie and I at halftime both said the Whitecaps were going to lose that game. Seattle, even missing several of its' better players always looked a threat when attacking and the Whitecaps just kept dropping deeper and deeper allowing Seattle to exploit them more and more. Overall, a cracking day and 88 Keys was a brilliant venue to finish the day AND Reedie.....off.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain in my opinion after big D got hurt. Coach made a childish sub. To go and put the cold guy in last line of D is childish. Number two Seattle came at us hard and fast, we head to add a forward that would have taken the game to them.
Coach head to bring in one or two youngsters and let them turn it on. There is no way he will come close to playoffs the way he subs his guys.
Coker will go mad with Rennie as a coach. In my opinion we need four Canadian players that care to lift that team to next level. There is kids in PCSL better than they bring in to play for Caps. Both Caps and Toronto are bottom of the league due to not giving their own a chance to show and lead.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In that picture she looks like the bird from Raiders of the Lost Arc!
Indiana Jones would hit it...i

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain in my opinion after big D got hurt. Coach made a childish sub. To go and put the cold guy in last line of D is childish. Number two Seattle came at us hard and fast, we head to add a forward that would have taken the game to them.
Coach head to bring in one or two youngsters and let them turn it on. There is no way he will come close to playoffs the way he subs his guys.
Coker will go mad with Rennie as a coach. In my opinion we need four Canadian players that care to lift that team to next level. There is kids in PCSL better than they bring in to play for Caps. Both Caps and Toronto are bottom of the league due to not giving their own a chance to show and lead.

I would love to see local kids make a difference in the squad I really would, it would help local people get to the games more and better for our national program. However I also just want better players here, I don't care what part of the globe they are from as long as we get the job done. I was really blaming Klazura and bashing on him pretty good, but its not his fault, it's Rennies. Any player given the opportunity to play at a high level should take at opportunity, but when you aren't good enough to be there it is the responsibility of manager to make those decisions, which clearly isn't happening at whites headquarters. We have DP spots lets use them, we have scouts that can go over seas!!!! USE THEM! We DONT always need young college guys. In the real world when you can't do the job you get replaced by someone who can, let's hope someone who can do job has put in that resume, whether player or coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0