Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 BC Senior Girls High School Soccer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, White Shoes, for the updates and the support!

McMath 2 Point Grey 0 - Point Grey had two great chances in the first half to go up but our keeper made one great save and the other was placed wide. We made a few adjustments and were able to score with 10 minutes to go in the first half on our first good chance on goal. At half-time we were able to change the tide.....and we were dominant giving them nothing while creating several chances, once of which we buried. We play Kits on Thursday to get into Provincials....but like most of the season, McMath players have been injured for a good portion of it.....again finished with 1 healthy sub today and lost a player to the Provincial team at the half......There are other issues with some players for Thursday but I'm tired of hearing about these possible reasons of them now showing up or leaving early........(another school's grad boat cruise doesn't work for me).

Go Devils!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will start by saying that the Provincial U-16 coach has NO clue what school soccer means to the kids. He tells the kids that they are not allowed to play in their respective finals two nights before the finals and tells me that playing high school soccer games while trying to play his 'elite' soccer during 'phase one' is a form of CHILD ABUSE. I kid you not. I haven't finished with this yet. So one player from McMath and one player from South Delta watched their teams win their respective championships. Well done, Mr. Reinkens. I'm sure they are that much better off because they didn't play in a game with their teammates who they have been a part of for 2.5 months. Fill your boots. But of course, you're CERTIFIED, so you MUST know everything that the kids need. The Provincial Program is an ABSOLUTE JOKE. I had a U14 team member's parent tell me that the kids aren't allowed to take part in PE classes while they are in Phase One too......You can't make this stuff up. But they KNOW what is best for the .34% of the kids that are going to be National Team players. Thank fcuk, we have them looking after the kids. Without them, they might actually have some fun. Heaven forbid. Anyway, onto the games...

South Delta 1 Charles Best 0 - I missed the game but without our best player(thanks to Mr. Reinkens threatening them if they played they will be cut from the team.....great way to set the tone on your team) and our best striker(concussion) SD managed to beat a team of 15 HPL players(according to their coach). SD has ONE HPL player. NBD. We scored the winning goal with a minute to go and according to Coach Sweeney, the girls effort was nothing less than spectacular. I"m very disappointed I wasn't there BUT I'm very happy that Brent had the opportunity to lead the girls to a Fraser Valley Banner. I'm very proud of every kid and what they have accomplished so far.

McMath 1 Kitsilano 0 - After Kits hit the post and missed an open net right after the post, McMath scored on a cracking free kick from our best player. It was an absolute gem of a hit from 35 yards.....no lie. Despite a subpar first half McMath was 1 - 0 up on this free kick. The second half had McMath take over the game and not give Kits a sniff. Despite there only being two healthy subs(one player forced to watch thanks to BC Soccer Program knowing everything that is best for the players) the girls really grinded out the win. I'm very proud of these girls......to this point in the season, McMath has scored 76 goals and given up 4 in 16 games.....South Delta has score 47 and given up 6 in 18 games. Now it's time to gear up for the Provincials in two weeks. Both teams will definitely be on opposite sides of the draw and could only play each other in the last game of the tournament. As for the players who were forced to miss their games( I really wish they would take a stand with their parents but until that happens they will continue to be bullied), we have no idea what Johnny Soccer Science is going to say to them. He might decide that they aren't allowed to attend school and go to Math class because it might be too much overload on the brain which means they aren't able to play at the Provincial tournament. Time will tell but I know BC Soccer coach knows everything because he is CERTIFIED.

#youcan'tmakethisstuffup

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Captain! Yet another successful year. Well done.

As to your rant about the "Certfied" guys...I will second your thoughts and sentiments.

I'e always been frustrated to see the kids bullied and forced into making decisions that they otherwise might not. I always thouht it was better to let the kids play as much a they can. And more importatly, I always thought we were trying to teach kid to think for themselves so they can be morecritical thinkers as they get older. Apparently not. It's MIND CONTROL. Ok, maybe thats a stretch. But it really is BULLYING! Well said Captain. I'll wear pink for the cause tomorrow.

Good luck at provincials!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/0...ranked-girls-soccer-teams-is-one-in-the-same/

stephen.jpg

I'm seeing quite a bit of grey there, Burnsie :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, that's the reflection off the sun. It's actually blonde as I've using lemon juice on my hair as the weather has been improving. It could also be the sun reflecting our jersey colours too. :)

white shoe's whip

Apr 11, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bin away for the May long Captain Shamrock...still playing a little footie myself. You were asking about Belmont? Good squad. Strengths: centre of the field from the centre back, through the centre mid to the main striker up front Belmont has it covered. Be aware of the quick counter...be prepared to battle...also, be aware on corners and on set plays in your final third. Weakness: on the flanks, spread the ball wide often...have your mid fielders ping diagonals to the corners, mid fielders & forwards need to play short passes inside the final third or just go 1 on 1 with the centre back/outside backs when the girls feel they can see space...Belmont keeper tends to wander & also can be beaten in the top sections of the goal...Hope some of this will help Captain but remember this Belmont team really knows how to battle & win. Good luck!

White Shoe's Whip

Island Fan

May 20, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really believe Oak Bay is the team to watch from the Island. They beat Belmont easily in the final for the Island Championship. I would suspect they will surprise everyone at the Provincials.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Island Fan, Oak Bay is always sollid and they have a good coach who can organize them. I don't think they will surprise anyone as they are a good team and everyone knows that.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ROUND-ROBIN PLAY
Pool A
TEAMGPWLTDPTS
Argyle000000
Dr. Charle.000000
Panorama R.000000
Vancouver.000000
Pool B
TEAMGPWLTDPTS
Belmont000000
Fleetwood.000000
McMath000000
Mt Baker000000
Pool C
TEAMGPWLTDPTS
Burnaby No.000000
Centennial000000
Heritage W.000000
Oak Bay000000
Pool D
TEAMGPWLTDPTS
Kelowna000000
Kitsilano000000
Lake City000000
South Delt.000000

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pool A would seem an unenvious position with traditional powerhouses Argyle, Charles Best and Panorma no? Any thoughts on a challenger to Oak Bay in Pool C? Burnaby maybe??

Burnsie, nice "coincidence" that your two teams ended up on opposite sides of the draw eh? ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks4Ever, I'm not sure it's a coincidence but I'm not complaining. :) Both teams won their respective championships and McMath beat Oak Bay earlier in the year in the UVIC tournament. Neither team has lost a game so having on them opposite sides probably wasn't that difficult? If we had lost to Best we would have been in with Argyle again likely....just like last year and been on the same side of the draw as McMath, so it has worked out.....but now it just means I'm at the field from 8:30 until 4:30. :) Hopefully the fields are in good shape......three fields at Van Tech, Gladstone, and Windermere......with three of them being grass.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of the 3, Windermere's usually in the best shape. Since Hastings Bowl was chewed up for TEmpire Stadium, there haven't been any decent grass fields in the city of Vancouver. Sucks to be us here...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well a fantastic few days other than Mr. Ruben Smilev in the final. I will say that Fleetwood on the day deserved the win BUT Mr. Smilevs decisions and lack of decisions impacted things a lot. Let's just say that he gave a red card to the goalie which was never a red card offense.....there were more incidents which lead to my ejection with 15 minutes to go.

Breakdown of the games for McMath and South Delta

South Delta 4 Lake City(Williams Lake) 0 - not much to say really except Gladstone is a REALLY bad field.

South Delta 1 Kitsilano 0 - A massive grind to win this game but South Delta was in control for the majority of the game

South Delta 1 Kelowna 1 - We started of very poorly and Kelowna really came out strong knowing they had to win the game. We responsed right away but lost our two top midfielders within minutes......so then it was time to try and get a hold of the game. We managed to do that and didn't give any more chances away the rest of the half and the game. They battle hard. Again a shocking field at Windermere. The tie was enough to put us through the semi-final.

South Delta 2 Oak Bay 0 - Overall, we were value for the win I thought. Oak Bay plays an aggresive game with speed up front and in the centre of the park but our girls were able to match it.

South Delta 0 Fleetwood 3 - started off great the first 20 minutes having decent spells of possesion but not really generating a lot of good chances. A couple of half chances for sure. Fleetwood scored against the run of play on a free-kick inside their half which unfortunately was misplayed by our keeper and centre-back. Two minutes after this our top offensive player goes down.....out. That was a huge loss for us because we really need her to generate. 1 - 0 at the half. SEcond half started off with nothing happening until they got a penalty...(we had one denied in the first half which looked pretty clear) which was a legitimate penalty. Our keeper saved it and we had another life until Mr. Smilev decided to be a hero and send our keeper of for handling the ball outside the area!!!!! It was a diabiolical call and our goalie was in tears saying it didn't touch her hand. So it was obvious it wasn't on purpose and if it was then there is not way it was taking away a goal scoring opportunity....but not, the start of the show calls the hand ball and straight red card. Now it was even more difficult.......as Fleetwood was very solid defensively not giving up a goal in the whole tournament. They scored to go up 2 - 0 on a turnover in our midfield....game over. However, it wasn't game over yet...with 15 minutes to go, we had a BLATANT penalty ignored and it should have resulted in a red card....no call after the girl barged over our player in front of goal with an open net as it was a cross which passed the keeper. Me and One Dart lost our mind and he sprints over and sends me to the stands....says nothing to One Dart despite him doing the same thing. Mr. Smilev, if you read this, you had a shocking game and if I didn't know any different, I would think you had something to prove to me. Sadly, you also impacted a lot of kids on the field too, but what does that matter to you? HOWEVER, Fleetwood is a deserving champion and I'm very glad for Sunny Uppal for winning they banner. It was a great tournament for South Delta.

South Delta had an unbelievable season. We won the Fraser Valley Championship and I've never coached a SD team who has worked so hard in the 18 years I've coached. I was very proud of the girls accomplishments and commitment to their school. A fantastic group of kids who lose A LOT next year with 7 grade 12s graduating. The 13 in a row might come to a halt next year.....

Final record:

19 wins 3 ties 1 loss(final)
GF 55 GA 10

McMath 5 Mount Baker 1 - Again not a lot to say except the field at Gladstone was gash.

McMath 0 Fleetwood 0 - Fleetwood parked the bus and did a good job of it despite McMath creating 4 very good chances to score but not being able to. Fleetwood won the shootout which is taken right after to settle tie-breakers and this put them through as we both won our third game.

McMath 3 Belmont 0 - It was a dominating performance from start to finish with Belmont having nothing threatening at all.

McMath 2 Argyle 0 - unfortunately a shocking ref let this game almost get out of hand but once again McMath destroyed the opposition. Argyle couldn't keep up with the pace and pressure. These last two games were the best I've seen a team play in a lot of year.

McMath 2 Kelowna 1 - Kelowna scored first goal on a scramble 8 minutes in...then McMath scored about 10 minutes later. It was 1 - 1 at the half and I had to leave the second half to go coach South Delta. But McMath scored on a free-kick midway through the second half to finish an undefeated season. I will be blunt and say McMath was the best team I saw in the tournament. It is the best team I've ever coached in terms of footballing ability and they really came together as a team. What a great group of kids. We lose one very key player and the other grade 12s who all played great in many situations..in total 6. There is a very strong core of grade 10 kids...

Final record

19 wins 2 draws 0 losses

GF 88 GA 6

DeltaDad

May 31, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full marks to Fleetwood. I was at the game today and in 45 years involvement in the sport at all levels and in all roles ....player , coach, ref, executive memeber...I can honestly say this ref was an ass. Both of my kids are refs as well( I insisted they be balanced)...and were in shock.
The penalties/ reed cards the ref dished to SD had parents on both teams shaking their heads...never the less the bottom line for me was the refs conduct at the end of the match.At the closing ceremonies both teams stood to applaud the success of the other, yet the refs didnt even have the sportsmanship to shake their hands. They left the pitch without the sportsmanship to even congratulate the combatants. Unbelievaable. This referee clearly has no understanding of what this beautiful game is about. Kids were in tears because of his inability to interpret the laws of the game. There were 14 year old girls that had more class and judgement, and stayed to congratulate those that had battled. An adult referee lacked the class and decision making of those young kids. I sincerely hope he is not invited back, no other children should bear the burden of his incompetence.
Congratulations Fleetwood!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0