Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teibert chased a 40 foot square ball all the way to its recipient, took zero jockeying angle, and then chased said recipient as he strolled deep into WFC territory. Clueless. Oh, and Chivas' best chance late in the game? A completely blown marking assignment by guess who. You have to really work to make Jordan Harvey's box marking look good...

What the hell do they see in him? Does anybody here have a plausible theory? Between him and Hurtado... maybe I need to watch these games upside down or something...

Many guys on this site don't like Teibert, and yet Robinson is quoted in today's paper complimenting Tiebert's play on Saturday, claiming that Tiebert was arguably the best player on the pitch. Coaches have different opinions about players.
I'm glad that Teibert is playing since he's our lone Canadian, but his attacking skills are wasted as a holding midfielder.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I for one have been a long time hater of Tiebert's play and hair style and thigh high socks. However he put in a heck of a shift on Saturday, he played some nice switches and actually played the ball forward quite a few times as opposed to square. He runs for days and broke up a lot of plays. Yes he has a tendency to chase his own pass and stay on the same angle as opposed to say a give and go. For me he showed huge improvement, still a work in progress but it least he is hungry and confident to get on the ball.

In terms of being Captain, I don't play for the Caps but maybe he is a voice in the room and a big part of the leadership group. He sure seems vocal on the pitch. Fully agree Obrien seems like the obvious choice but again I imagine the coach has a better idea of his leaders then us.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell do they see in him? Does anybody here have a plausible theory? Between him and Hurtado... maybe I need to watch these games upside down or something...

Somebody (guess who) wants to prove to Kerfoot that he did not waste $3,000,000 x number of years for Residency program. That is the only plausible theory.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Tiebert is annoying to a lot of us here, for a lot of good reasons. He's not nearly as horible as a lot of posters- mostly RL- will write...but I completely agree on the skipper shout. WTF? Shouldn't your skipper be a starter, and a key player? If Morales isn't playing, Laba is the 1st to come to mind, being young, and simply a beast the team needs for any chance at these clean sheets they are getting. If he's on the pitch, Koffie. Next, someone like O'Brien, if we're talking about the role players coming in to fill a gap. For me, RT is not even in the discussion for captaincy. Maybe he'll develope into a player like Laba in the future, but not yet. Not now. It's forcing the agenda a bit.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In terms of being Captain, I don't play for the Caps but maybe he is a voice in the room and a big part of the leadership group. He sure seems vocal on the pitch. Fully agree Obrien seems like the obvious choice but again I imagine the coach has a better idea of his leaders then us.

Absolutely spot on. Only the guys in the dressing room can tell you who their leaders are and there are different styles of leadership that work for each team. Look at Mark Messier, some say he was one of the best leaders to ever play in the NHL, but not in Vancouver.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teibert certainly had the odd moment of very good play on Saturday, but for me they were bookends to general play more indicative of a player who needs a ton more seasoning with the reserves rather than playing 90 minutes in the middle of the park. I could care less whether the Whitecaps are able to say they have 0 homegrowns or 1 with a huge asterisk; I want to see the first team do well, period. How Koffie and NRC aren't obviously better options is simply beyond me.

As for Harvey, if only they could find a versatile, high-end left back with a Canadian birth certificate, they could bench him and not have to use Teibert as CanCon to boot. But hey, that supplemental pick should come in handy when they go looking for their tenth striker...

Re O'Brien as captain - hasn't he battled depression for much of his pro career? Just a guess that he probably doesn't want/need the added shite that comes with wearing the arm-band... love his form at the moment...

Still get a kick out of the run Messier gets in this town. People forget he put up 62 points his first year here... Not vintage Mess but hardly rubbish...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding Teibert... is he not a natural left back? Pretty sure that's where he's slotted in on the various MNTs he's played on.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not the first time it has been suggested that RT should slot in there...he's not incapable, deffensively. Certainly has the pace to threaten, and a left foot that would threaten some deep runs and crosses into our stdly new 6'4" CB.

Harvey...though not as terrible as in years past, I'd love to see an upgrade there.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not the first time it has been suggested that RT should slot in there...he's not incapable, deffensively.

I now even doubt that. He almost never attacks the opponent; he is just dancing around! Please, pay attention to his play. He will run like crazy towards an opponent and then stop without any thought of challenging him! In 90% situations the opponent will pass the ball freely to his teammate, with Teibert around watching how he does it. He can run, no doubt, but he has no clue about some basic things.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teibert for me is a depth player that is good to have outside your starting 11 in a salary cap league. I didn't think he had too bad of a game last week but I don't have an unhealthy obsession with him. I personally think he is young and have high hopes he can develop into an average player at this level.

Now with the other issue some people have calling for more seats to be open up, especially for Portland and Seattle matches, can you explain to me how you still can get good seats for the game next week but you say if they opened up the rest of the stadium you would somehow get 30 plus thousand. I'm sorry but this market is what it is and you are not going to get Seattle numbers to the games no matter what you do. Playoffs will be different because we have a very good bandwagon culture around here.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's mind-boggling to me that for Seattle or Portland games here, capacity is not opened up to fill the lower bowl COMPLETELY.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree.

Or, why not, with local seasons getting going, offer rock bottom tickets to soccer clubs and teams to fill out sections of the upper bowl? Ty it. It you can double up the cround by selling $5.00 upper bowl tickets, why not? Build your brand at loss leader pricing. Besides, they'll buy enough concession to pay the extra costs. If the Cap's came to me today w/ a deal to buy 15 tickets in the upper bowl for an October game, all together, I'd buy them all right now, and just given them to my players as a gift. It's be a no brainer for me, and I bet many a youth coach around here.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs I believe that was the point I was trying to make. If we are so certain that we can sell out the lower bowl for those games then why are there tickets still available a little over a week before the game. Are you saying they will get a walk up crowd of 7 thousand people.

Dude I bet they currently give away a lot of tickets to get to the numbers they currently get. If you give away too many or give the option of cheap tickets in the upper bowl you devalue your product and you will start to see an empty lower bowl. Look at the Lions these days there are huge areas of empty seats and I have heard people asking them to limit the seating to make it look better and to create a better atmosphere.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm some-what of a soccer guy and yet I have no idea when the Caps play Seattle or Portland next. Seriously.

The reason the Caps don't open up the bottom to capacity is because (1) they can't see the forest through the trees; or (2) they are lazy; or (3) they are incompetent for this 'city'.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chivas? Wow...that fight with the bike rack has had serious implications...I guess there are to clubs actually in Siberia to move him to.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm some-what of a soccer guy and yet I have no idea when the Caps play Seattle or Portland next. Seriously.

The reason the Caps don't open up the bottom to capacity is because (1) they can't see the forest through the trees; or (2) they are lazy; or (3) they are incompetent for this 'city'.

Maybe some-what a soccer guy but not much so good with this interwebby thing.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0