Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's crazy how you read all the comments on the facebook pages, instagram and the tweets when the caps show "today's starting line up, thoughts?" EVERY time Hurtado or Mattocks is mentioned, they're blasted by almost every fan, yet the club is completely useless and blinded. I would love to hear what players like Morales, think of these one trick ponies. We should go for Ronaldhino, he's a free agent now, at least he can finish,that would be neat.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter Schaad, being the brilliant soccer mind that he is recently said he fully expects Hurtado to be in the USMNT mix for Russia 2018, and he wasn't TTP :eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now wait a second, I'm all for constructive critisism, but how can you make that judgement before even seeing the guy in colors?

He's huge, by all accounts athletic, actually has some years of professional football under his belt, and was on the bubble for one of the better squads in this summer's WC. I mean, what do you expect? Would you rather they run w/ Christian Dean? Carlyle Mitchell? Dean, sorry, I don't know if he'll ever be a player. Mitchell is too wild a ride. For all those nay sayers that said Jay Demerit was not good enough...when he was healthy, he was a very good CB. Too bad his age and style caught up to him. I think you need to give this kid at least a half to see what he's about.

And I know you'll be waiting by computer just to point out my follies, right after you have another meldown about RT's hair...or arm-swinging...or squat...or asking for the ball...or...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He was apparently one of the final cuts before the WC for Costa Rica.

If that's what we are shooting for, why isn't Landycakes a target for up front?

:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, if Landycakes landed here, there would be a lot of pissing and moaning until he scored, and score he would, with the amount of chances Morales generates for the strikers. Are you kidding? He'd score a boatload here, I would not object.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As long as he does not look at his feet whin he is sprinting with the ball like mattox does
Then I say bring him on board

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't we try Salgado up front, just don't get why this hasn't been tried yet. Think the cb should do well as long as communication is there, don't know what language the d is speaking but lately looks like their all singing from a diferent hymm sheet.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now wait a second, I'm all for constructive critisism, but how can you make that judgement before even seeing the guy in colors?

He's huge, by all accounts athletic, actually has some years of professional football under his belt, and was on the bubble for one of the better squads in this summer's WC. I mean, what do you expect? Would you rather they run w/ Christian Dean? Carlyle Mitchell? Dean, sorry, I don't know if he'll ever be a player. Mitchell is too wild a ride. For all those nay sayers that said Jay Demerit was not good enough...when he was healthy, he was a very good CB. Too bad his age and style caught up to him. I think you need to give this kid at least a half to see what he's about.

And I know you'll be waiting by computer just to point out my follies, right after you have another meldown about RT's hair...or arm-swinging...or squat...or asking for the ball...or...

Dude, I said "Does not look to me like somebody who can make a significant (MLS) impact"; I did not say that he is a poor choice. Let's see what he can do. Whitecaps definitely need somebody at the back who can make an impact (like Morales does in his role). Another piece they are missing is a good forward. Mattocks, Hurtado, Manneh, and Salgado combined are not worth anything; total waste of time (I'd really like to know who was the "genius" who has constantly chosen the same type of forward for a few years in a row).

Not sure why you bring RT immediately into this CB issue but you can have your fun [I believe I have proven my points about that guy and finally it looks like Robinson put a "reality check" glasses lately; not sure how long he is going to play Hurtado but that is another issue: I am going to repeat that Hurtado would hardly make any VMSL Premier team better; yes, speed OK and strong like a bull but that is it (ball control worse than numerous 10-year old players I know)]. Also (mentioned before) I believe we all know 5-10 local guys who are better players than Hurtado but...

Anyway, I agree with your comments about Mitchell and Dean (Whitecaps residency program has been nothing but a failure; after all those years there is still no impact player from that program unless we count "you know who"; it certainly raises a question or two about the coaching staff and management). Jay Demerit was really, really good (when he was not injured). Let's not forget that he was an important piece for USA national team for quite some time.

Whitecaps should spend money on a goalie, CB, CM (Morales), and CF. The rest of the team they can build around that "backbone". Not sure why somebody mentioned Donovan (is he available?) but I am quite certain he would solve the problem upfront for at least couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0