Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, playing Devil’s advocate here…

But the player has a mean streak, is big, has shown to have more skills than either Hurtado or Mattocks, actually does have pace (though isn’t a track star), is clearly competitive, AND the Caps are looking for something different from their strikers…no?

FFS, the way I see it, how can they even consider starting either Hurtado or Mattocks this weekend? It has to be Manneh and ___. Why not Salgado at this point? Because he got heated in training? So what.
Probably getting heated in training because he sees shite getting minutes before him. Not saying he won't be hurtado, but give him a chance.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Salgado is on his way out... why wouldn't we trade him while the transfer window was still open to try to bring something else in? I'm sure there are several teams that would give him a look, the US National program continues to include him in their younger sides...

Fck, as TheRob said, seeing these strikers fail game after game without getting equal opportunity, I'd start to get fired up in practice as well.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly.

It's a training skirmish. Big deal. Deal with it quietly and move on. Don't make a meal out of it. Unacceptable? How about recognizing the situation for what it is?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I have to say is coach is on thin ice. He better do well in next three games. Salgado or not. I would change a keeper for next tree games. Players normally get fired up if a new keeper is in net.
Small changes bring better results. As you all see it's needed to save the season. Guys playing up front now can not score a goal for the life of them than you as a coach must make a change.
Four hundred crosses a practice might get Mattocks to head few home. I would do it to piss him off. Score a goal in the game or back to heading in the practice. Sore head normally makes him think bit more.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
they probably want a roster player, prospect, and top draft pi...... wait, this is the Canucks thread right?

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd give Salgado and Maneh chance up front in a heartbeat - I do think that pair would be a challenge for many defences and as many have said.....can't get much worse.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't the WCFC read TTP? We have all the answers? :D

Seriously, though...

I've been thinking Manneh and Salgado for a long time. It's obvious to me: a big target man who is aggressive, and can control a ball, paired w/ a skilled finished w/ pace. Those two would give match-ups way more problems than Hurtado or Mattocks, or both together in a diamond.

It's so effing obvious, and frustrating. Use the tools in your box, coach! FFS...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
One thing I will give hurtado is that he works hard, and will run his ass off. I would take him over mattocks any day.

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frak the way things are going might as well resign Valentine, robinson working with the strikers how many goals was he a part of in his mls career? vmsl allstars would be more competent that this lot,grrrrr

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perry Solkowski was on the team 1040 and basically said Salgado is done as a Whitecap. He also hinted at the fact that Robinson will get next year to bring in the players he feels they need and knows which players are moving on.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Note to Hurtado, this is how you do it:

ByZqR6lIMAA-bP4.jpg

:)

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Run Omar out of town is more like it.
Send him packing, along with his silver spoon. Little rich kid.
You are grasping at straws when you want to play a "spoilt brat" because the other forwards are poor.
Fix the problem, don't paste over it.
Send him on his way & sign a proper forward who can play the game properly as a "team player".
It's not all about you Omar!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0